Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens ( Thread C-3PO )

Bluetiger

I did too, I think. Guess the question is whether she's a top officer for them (gotta assume that cape means she's important) or is going to be with the good guys, like John Boyega.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-captain-phasma-gwendoline-christie-white-chrome-armor/

Apparently Boyega's commanding officer, and an antagonist mad he deserted.

But has also been training with a lightsabre. So maybe she is Sith.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-captain-phasma-gwendoline-christie-white-chrome-armor/

Would explain why she is wearing a cape.

Personally I would like to see her go against Chewbacca.

Fits with the rumours that have been floating around in recent months.

There's also that Sith and generic darksiders aren't necessarily the same thing. Though a darksider that found information on the Sith might decide to become one.

I'm guessing that every person involved with and especially writing any of the new Star Wars movies/shows/books/comics has this ready in their back pocket. :lol:

Fits with the rumours that have been floating around in recent months.

I'm guessing that every person involved with and especially writing any of the new Star Wars movies/shows/books/comics has this ready in their back pocket. :lol:

They used it all the time in the old EU, seriously doubt they're gonna give it up.

They used it all the time in the old EU, seriously doubt they're gonna give it up.

Almost certainly not. It'll be amusing to see how quickly they slip back to old ways, despite the much tighter control and closer oversight of the new canon compared to the EU.

Of course, The Clone Wars was pre-Disney but part of the canon that Disney couldn't really change. It'll be interesting to see what route they take going forward, but they've already started following the EU path of having more Jedi survive the Purge.

Shame on you. I have no idea what that trailer was for, but it most certainly was not a trailer from the new Star Wars movie.

Someone needs a hug... :)

Olaf likes to give hugs. To AT ATs, apparently.

That trailer:

I was going to be outraged, but then I realised I would actually watch a movie where Olaf hugs AT ATs and Rapunzel tries to defend herself with a frying pan against whoever is in Millenium Falcon. :P

And I do not know about you guys, but I Phasma is an absolutely awful sounding name to my ears. Like somebody cannot decide if the word they are looking for is phase, plasma or phantasma.

That trailer:

I was going to be outraged, but then I realised I would actually watch a movie where Olaf hugs AT ATs and Rapunzel tries to defend herself with a frying pan against whoever is in Millenium Falcon. :P

And I do not know about you guys, but I Phasma is an absolutely awful sounding name to my ears. Like somebody cannot decide if the word they are looking for is phase, plasma or phantasma.

My instinct is that I don't like it, but if the character is cool, and the name is pronounced well, I'm sure it'll grow on me. I'm not big on Rey, either, which sounds like a hill-billy mechanic to me - I'm still holding out hope that it's a pseudonym in-universe. The rumoured name is much cooler.

To be honest, it sounds silly now, but I imagine Obi-Wan sounded silly way back when. Alec Guinness seemed to think so. :lol: We're just used to the silly names.

ETA: Remember, there are others, like Mon Mothma, Tiaan Jerjerrod, Jek Porkins, even Lando is kinda silly when you think about it.

Archived