The Legend of Korra; a story continues

Tellus Explorer

So there's talk about a possible spin off film or show. Yakone will possible be featured, and Korra and Asami's relationship is rumored to be a main focus in this Netflix project.

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/59244/20150420/the-legend-of-korra-movie-spin-off-updates-film-spin-off-features-yakone-netflix-set-continue-series.htm

Honestly I like that they are together but don't care for a drawn visual, though the people want fluff so.....:idea:

What are your thoughts?

I'd be up for more episodes/animated movie. The show wasn't as "final" as Avatar was so there was more scope for additional stories. I also think they'd do better with Netflix regarding budget as that was a factor in the final season.

LoK's quality has been all over the place so I'm not sure how I feel about more of it. I couldn't see why/where Yakone was being considered, and I'm not sure how interesting he could be compared with villains like Amon or Zaheer.

I agree, without his bloodbending there isn't much to the guy. Though he could become this group leader or something, with an army of bloodbenders? idk

I would rather the show focus on a new avatar (or even a non-bender) and storyline. Korra and Asami's relationship ended well in terms of being open-ended for the series. Having additional episodes focused on their relationship is just begging for even more teenage relationship melodrama that can muck up the excellent way that LoK ended.

I would rather the show focus on a new avatar (or even a non-bender) and storyline. Korra and Asami's relationship ended well in terms of being open-ended for the series. Having additional episodes focused on their relationship is just begging for even more teenage relationship melodrama that can muck up the excellent way that LoK ended.

The bolded is my worry as well.

I'm with you there. The thing is this is the first venture with Netflix so I can see why they want to play it safe. Even safer may have been to do a film about Aang and co as young adults but I do think their story ends much more than the Korra characters do.

If it works I can imagine Netflix may approve of a new spin-off as then it would be something they'd be able to call their own.

Nooo! please don't ruin ATLA ! As for Korra, it ended like it ended too (hurried as it was). It wasn't a really consistent show, but they should let it rest in peace.If they're really eager to continue the franchise, a new avatar is the way to go.

I'm with you there. The thing is this is the first venture with Netflix so I can see why they want to play it safe. Even safer may have been to do a film about Aang and co as young adults but I do think their story ends much more than the Korra characters do.

If it works I can imagine Netflix may approve of a new spin-off as then it would be something they'd be able to call their own.

Here's the thing. It's the Avatar franchise. All they have to do is slap "Avatar" on the title, and the entire internet will watch, consume, and blog it like there's no tomorrow.

Here's the thing. It's the Avatar franchise. All they have to do is slap "Avatar" on the title, and the entire internet will watch, consume, and blog it like there's no tomorrow.

Including those who think it might be a James Cameron Spin-off.

I eagerly await Shyamalan's live-action version starring Chloe Moretz as Korra, as she and her white friends beat the evil brown Indians who are after our jobs

in a magnum opus of abysmal acting, bad special effects and some of the worst recorded lines in history such as "We were trapped under the water of the ocean.","It is time we show the Fire Nation we believe in our beliefs as much as they believe in theirs.","From my raid on the great library I have acquired this scroll which will lead us to the location of the ocean and moon spirits."

"We were trapped under the water of the ocean.","It is time we show the Fire Nation we believe in our beliefs as much as they believe in theirs.","From my raid on the great library I have acquired this scroll which will lead us to the location of the ocean and moon spirits."

:lol: I'm glad I didn't see that movie.

I eagerly await Shyamalan's live-action version starring Chloe Moretz as Korra, as she and her white friends beat the evil brown Indians who are after our jobs

in a magnum opus of abysmal acting, bad special effects and some of the worst recorded lines in history such as "We were trapped under the water of the ocean.","It is time we show the Fire Nation we believe in our beliefs as much as they believe in theirs.","From my raid on the great library I have acquired this scroll which will lead us to the location of the ocean and moon spirits."

:ROFL:

I too am glad I didn't see that movie

I don't like the idea of any LoK stuff angling exclusively to the "mature" audience, particularly based on Korra and Asami's relationship. This is a cartoon series and any spin offs / movies should be appealing to the entire Avatar fanbase. So while it is fine for any continuing story to openly acknowledge Korra and Asami's relationship the focus of any continuing Korra story should be her role as Avatar and her adventures in the world in that context.

I wouldn't mind revisiting Aang and crew if the comic books of post Legend of Aang adventures are any good. The Aang crew are much more fun.

I wouldn't mind revisiting Aang and crew if the comic books of post Legend of Aang adventures are any good. The Aang crew are much more fun.

The ones I've read capture the characters and tone really well although the storyline's aren't everyone's cup of tea. I'd prefer something "new" but wouldn't mind overall. I think if they followed Aang, I'd prefer it was when they were the adults and the grown-ups from Korra are the kids.

Archived