R+L=J

cabo

I know this theory has been discussed but something was recently pointed out to me, and I'm curious if it had been discussed here. I'm talking about the TV series, Season 1, Episode 4. A scene with Jon and Sam at Castle Black, and on one of the pillars, to Jon's right are the letters "R" and "L".

Am I late to this epiphany or is this a photo shopped deal?

http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/R-L-J-Game-of-Thrones.jpeg

Dunno. It's been brought up even though the show is not meant to be discussed here in these book forums. Don't watch the show myself, though I have come across a still shot of said pillar and to me it looked like a P and L. Below the P what is supposed to be a leg of the R, it looked to be a couple of scratches on the wood that did not go with the letter. I doubt it brings sustenance to Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire.

There hasn't been anything explicit, though plenty of fans will point to things that could imply it (the RL/PL behind Jon Snow in Season One, a stained glass blue rose above the iron throne in Dany's vision in the HOTU in Season Two, Jon telling Tormund that he "has no king" at the end of Season Four).

All that having been said, in numerous interviews the showrunners, Benioff and Weiss, have stated that George Martin specifically asked them if they knew who Jon Snow's mother was, that their answer (which was derived from reading the novels) was correct, and that the identity of Jon's mother will become important. Take from that what you will.

It has already been discussed in the R+L=J threads in the General Asoiaf forum.

Okkkkkkk so is it a problem if its being discussed here.I don't know and i'm seriously asking.Is there a rule against it being talked about here "because" it has already been talked about in the R+L=J threads?

To the OP it looks like a PL to me,this may be a case of "people seeing what they want to see."

Okkkkkkk so is it a problem if its being discussed here.I don't know and i'm seriously asking.Is there a rule against it being talked about here "because" it has already been talked about in the R+L=J threads?

To the OP it looks like a PL to me,this may be a case of "people seeing what they want to see."

No one said that it was a problem but the OP said;

I'm curious if it had been discussed here

So I answered that it had been discussed before.

Also OP this belongs to GOT forum.

No one said that it was a problem but the OP said;

So I answered that it had been discussed before.

Also OP this belongs to GOT forum.

I assume that by "here" he/she meant specifically "The Dance forum" seeing as it is in "The Dance forum" the poster chose to post it.

I thought that it meant the site. After all it is about the series not the books so would it belong here?

I think he just wanted to know in general people's thoughts on the photo.What they were seeing in relation to what he was seing and if it's some photo shopped pick.But to be on the safe OP ask a Mod to see if it's ok. It may even belong on the HBO Series sub forum.

Seeing as he's ONLY referencing a still though ,i don't see why he can't put it here or on the General if he so wishes.

I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum. Was not my intention to stir up anything, and didn't know there were rules about discussing show topics here. This is the forum I come to as I've found it more informative and gets the most traffic.

I also thought it looked suspiciously like a "P", but was too obvious to not have been done deliberately.

Archived