What If You're All Wrong?

In my short time browsing these forums, I have come across many a theory that are being widely accepted as fact. So I ask you, what if you're all wrong?

What if R + L doesn't = J?

What if Stannis IS AA?

What if Aegon actually IS Aegon?

What if Jaqen Isn't in Oldtown?

What if everyone that is perceived to be dead ACTUALLY IS DEAD (Ned (can't believe this is actually a theory btw), Sandor, Jon, etc...)

If everything in the story actually is how it appears, what does that change? Do we really need everything and their mothers to end up being a twist? Would the lack of a twist inherently become a twist then because we all expect there to be a twist (twistception)?

ETA: The purpose of this thread is not to debate the validity of any particular theory (although I do enjoy hearing the defenses of some of them). The purpose of this is to discuss what plot implications would come from a generally accepted theory being found to be false.

In my short time browsing these forums, I have come across many a theory that are being widely accepted as fact. So I ask you, what if you're all wrong?

What if R + L doesn't = J?

What if Stannis IS AA?

What if Aegon actually IS Aegon?

What if Jaqen Isn't in Oldtown?

What if everyone that is perceived to be dead ACTUALLY IS DEAD (Ned (can't believe this is actually a theory btw), Sandor, Jon, etc...)

If everything in the story actually is how it appears, what does that change? Do we really need everything and their mothers to end up being a twist? Would the lack of a twist inherently become a twist then because we all expect there to be a twist (twistception)?

lol we can what if all day long, however those theories are pretty much fact... although Ned is most certainly Dead lol

I think the Ned's not dead is just wishful thinking, I don't buy into that theory. But, I don't disregard any theories until they are confirmed or denied. As for R+L=J, I think that the clues and foreshadowing to that are just too overwhelming for it not to be true. If it isn't true, it won't change the way I feel about the story. This is my favorite set of books I have ever read and have read them at least once a year.

Ned is dead AF, but I do think Aegon is a blackfyre. There is something big we don't know about him that'll be revealed the higher he ascends. Jon's death has prophecy written all over it, and if Stannis the Mannis is AA im certainly cool with that. Im cool with whatever happens because these books are AMAZING

I will add that I am definitely a believer in many of these theories (as my username probably suggests).

I just wanted to spark some kind of conversation about the potential aftermath that would come from (for example) it is discovered that Jon really is a bastard. That would eliminate him as a potential head of a dragon and totally change a lot of theories about the conflict at the wall and how he will defeat the others. I'm not saying that I don't buy the theory (it is pretty convincing), just curious is all.

I'm sure there are a lot of theories presented on these boards that will turn out not to be true. But, as stated above, there are some (Ned is dead, R+L=J) that can be taken as close to canon as possible. As with R+L=J, like someone upthread said, there is too much evidence supporting the theory for it not to be true. If the Mannis turns out to be AA, I will be surprised, but not upset. He's awesome. :laugh:

I will add that I am definitely a believer in many of these theories (as my username probably suggests).

I just wanted to spark some kind of conversation about the potential aftermath that would come from (for example) it is discovered that Jon really is a bastard. That would eliminate him as a potential head of a dragon and totally change a lot of theories about the conflict at the wall and how he will defeat the others. I'm not saying that I don't buy the theory (it is pretty convincing), just curious is all.

Well, if Jon turns out to really be a bastard, then that likely means he really is dead and won't be resurrected. So if he's not a secret Targ, that then begs the question of who are the other two heads? That then shifts the focus onto Tyrion (love your username, by the way), and would put it into new perspective that maybe, just maybe, he really is a secret Targ. But then who is the third head? Makes one wonder if Aegon really is who he says he is?

Very thought provoking. ;)

I will be overjoyed if Jon turns out to be Ned's bastard. I dont want Jon anywhere near the Targaryen shit.

When the dust settles, 1/2 the people will be right and 1/2 wrong.

The big question is will 1/2 the people who got it right actually get all of their theories right or maybe some other amount, like maybe 1/2 :idea:

Archived