Targs Madness is a disease only carried by men

voltron

I wonder, all the proven madness in the Targaryen family were men, none of them were actually women. The only questionable case was Rhaenyra, which for me was not madness but just an angry woman who lost a lot during the course of the events that happened during the war. And i think in her case this accusation is more the result of sexism than anything else, her actions and behaviours were not exaggerated like her predecessors and successors, and she were clearly more depressed and revengeful than mad. Other than that, it seems to me that the madness is a gene only carried by Targ's men, not women. So if this is true, Dany's case is closed.

This is by far the silliest form of Daenerys apologism I've ever seen.

The proofs are there, no female targs was proven mad during the 300 years of Targs rule, only men. Aerys and Rhaella was related by blood, but Aerys is the one between these two who became mad, not Rhaella, so the pattern is quite clear to me.

If Targaryen madness is really a genetic disorder (I lean it's more a side effect of being raised as royalty and taught to view yourself as like a god) it's possible it's like the hemophilia that plagued the European royal families of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, where women carry the gene but only it only manifests in males.

So if insanity isn't her defense for all the abhorrent behavior, does she even have a defense for the abhorrent behavior?

She is delusional maybe, a little brat, easily angered, very emotional, but definitely not mad. Joffrey is far worse than Dany but nobody called him mad.

So if insanity isn't her defense for all the abhorrent behavior, does she even have a defense for the abhorrent behavior?

I've never seen anyone use "insanity" as a defense for anyone, not even Aerys, Roose, Ramsay, Joffrey, or Tywin. And what "abhorrent' behavior?"

I wonder, all the proven madness in the Targaryen family were men, none of them were actually women. The only questionable case was Rhaenyra, which for me was not madness but just an angry woman who lost a lot during the course of the events that happened during the war. And i think in her case this accusation is more the result of sexism than anything else, her actions and behaviours were not exaggerated like her predecessors and successors, and she were clearly more depressed and revengeful than mad. Other than that, it seems to me that the madness is a gene only carried by Targ's men, not women. So if this is true, Dany's case is closed.

high hopes for the mad dragon queen, dont we?

This is by far the silliest form of Daenerys apologism I've ever seen.

lmao, this

Smarter posters than you disagree.

and this

1. Burning an innocent rape victim alive.

2. Ordering torture of the children of a suspect.

3. Crucifying hundreds of people on a whim.

4. Daario

Just for starters.

But she tried to save thousand of people from slavery, she spared most of the masters and tried to negotiate peace with them, weird you didn't mention that.

1. Burning an innocent rape victim alive.

2. Ordering torture of the children of a suspect.

3. Crucifying hundreds of people on a whim.

4. Daario

Just for starters.

1. Yeah Mirri Maz was a regular peaches and rainbow nice lady who never did anything

2. Not the greatest thing ever but far better than what anyone else in the series would have done

3. They did the same, it was eye for an eye justice

4. Could've been handled better but she didn't do anything wrong

1. Yeah Mirri Maz was a regular peaches and rainbow nice lady who never did anything

2. Not the greatest thing ever but far better than what anyone else in the series would have done

3. They did the same, it was eye for an eye justice

4. Could've been handled better but she didn't do anything wrong

dude, just, no.

Archived