I now understand why Jaime is going to Dorne and I also understand why Ellaria is being portrayed the way she is

Rex999

The key is Marcella and that necklace

The show is this building up Ellaria as the person they want you to believe is the one who sent Marcella's necklace to Cersei out of revenge. In one scene you have Cersei getting a Waring from Dorne and The next scene we have Ellaria talking about hurting Marcella

but the one thing that I noticed immediately was that Ellaria doesn't bring up that she has already sent a warning to the Lannisters. In fact watching the scene you get the impression that Ellaria hasn't done anything yet and if Ellaria could get close enough to Marcella to take her necklace than why didn't see send an assassin to kill her.

The answers is Obvious

Ellaria never sent Marcella's necklace to Cersei and that is what Jaime is going to discover once he gets to Dorne . This is going be the the thing that drives Cersei and Jaime apart

Jaime will be devastated when he finds out that Marcella still has her old necklace and that this was all a trick just to get him out of Kings landing. That is what is going to make him burn the letter that Cersei will send to him and he will completely turn on her.

If my predictions are true this could end up being one of the few times that show Cersei has done something even more horrible than book Cersei.

She knowingly manipulated her brother into going on a suicide mission

Archived