How will Dany & dragons get to Westeros to fight Others?

Ocelot

OK, the dragons are there to fight the Others, Dany will ride Drogon, her nephew Jon will probably ride Viserion (white dire wolf~"white" dragon), and I think Rhaegal will ultimately either ridden by Tyrion (even though he's not a secret Targ) or skin changed by Bran. But how the hell are Dany & the dragons going to get to Westerns? I think that the FM in the Citadel will find Sam's horn, the Horn of Joramun, and give it to Euron, who will blow it and bring down the Wall (I think Euron might be connected w/ the Others, or he may just do it b/c he's Chaotic Evil). Once the Wall falls, the Others will sweep south and probably get as far as the Riverlands where they will face off against the dragons (Dany had a dream in GoT where she's Rhaegar at the Trident, riding a dragon and destroying an army sheathed in ice). But how are Dany and the dragons going to get to Westerns? My prediction is that Dany will get several thousand Dothraki from Khal Jhaqo to follow her (the Dothraki follow strength, and nothing is stronger than a dragon), and then head south to fight the Yunkish & Volantene forces in Meereen. Dan's combined forces will be the Unsullied, the Stormcrows, the Second Sons, Vic's ironborn & mutinying Volantene slave sailors & soidiers. They will win, but Meereen will be in ruins and possibly entirely destroyed by dragonfire. I think that Vic and possibly Tyrion will have claimed at least 1 dragon. I think Team Dany (which includes Moqorro, who has named her AAR), will board Vic's ships. Eventually they'll get to Westerns, but they might go to Volantis first where the R'hllor priests will be leading a slave rebellion. I think Moqorro will see the Others in his fires and tell Dany to go to Westeros. After that, I'm not so sure. I think they'll run into Euron, Euron will kill Vic and steal his dragon, eventually Dany or Tyrion will kill Euron--but how is Jon going to get a dragon (Viserion)? Will he be close enough to Euron's riderless dragon to skin change it maybe? Will the dragons then destroy KL, making Dany the "younger and more beautiful" queen to takes everything Cersei holds dear? What do you guys think about my speculation?

I think you may be right about the dragon riders being Jon bran and dany. I don't think euron will bring the wall down though. That I could more see happening by a wildling or careless queens man than euron. As far as getting the dragons to westeros I believe once dany figures out how to control drogon the others will follow and fly across into dorne. Wreaking havoc and chaos until they eventually seat dany on the throne. By this time the others have invaded and the dragons will help defeat them at the neck helping unite the kingdom in their victory.

But of course that's all probably too wishful of thinking.

I'm beginning to think that she won't end up back in Westeros until the end of the Battle for Dawn. I think her war is going to take place at the five forts which is a fire forged wall (oddly similar dimensions to the wall in westeros) that guards Essos from the Grey Waste and beyond. I think she'll have Tyrion as one rider and Brown Ben as the third (assuming Daeny still has all 3 of her dragons when this goes down). I think Jon will pretty much have to go deep into the Lands of Always Winter to fight the Great Other with nothing but Lightbringer, Ghost, and Bran.

I think once the Battle of Meeren ends is when Dany will begin her final journey to Westeros, she is learning to control Drogon, as someone posted above, I think her vision of fighting Others at the Trident will come true.

I think once the Battle of Meeren ends is when Dany will begin her final journey to Westeros, she is learning to control Drogon, as someone posted above, I think her vision of fighting Others at the Trident will come true.

Nothing proves that she was fighting the Others at the Trident. Jon dreamed himself armored in ice too. And it is said that the men of winterlands are made of iron and ice. If Jon is acknowledged as Rhaegar's son and the rightful king, he becomes a Usurper in the eyes of Dany. So, Dany's confrontation with Jon might become the fulfillment of that dream.

Nothing proves that she was fighting the Others at the Trident. Jon dreamed himself armored in ice too. And it is said that the men of winterlands are made of iron and ice. If Jon is acknowledged as Rhaegar's son and the rightful king, he becomes a Usurper in the eyes of Dany. So, Dany's confrontation with Jon might become the fulfillment of that dream.

Jon was armoured in black ice, i.e. obsidian. The enemies Daenerys burnt were just made of ice and they melted from the flame. It should be noted that Jon was also fighting an ice army in that dream.

We know next to nothing about The Others, and everyone always jumps to the conclusion that they will invade Westeros hell-bent to kill everyone for no particular reason other then being evil.

....That is a pretty big fantasy trope and we all know that GRRM hates tropes.

I have no idea what they are after or what they are doing, but I have sneaky suspicion that they aren't some "evil force". GRRM is a smarter writer than that, and he doesn't believe in anything being purely good or evil.

I don't know where GRRM is going with the Others path, but I don't know for certain if is Dany will be going all the way to Westeros at time to save them from the doom caused by the Others. Also as stated above I don't think they are pure evil and just want to destruct everything and everyone on their way south just for the sake of... doing it.

Jon was armoured in black ice, i.e. obsidian. The enemies Daenerys burnt were just made of ice and they melted from the flame. It should be noted that Jon was also fighting an ice army in that dream.

Black ice is not obsidian. Frozen fire is obsidian.

The Dornish "melted away" before the dragons too and that is how they defeated the dragons. And at the Trident, the Usurper won.

Jon and Bran will find a way.

I'm beginning to wonder if Danny will make it to Westeros. With just two books left it doesn't leave a lot of space for her to untie the Merenese knot, decide to travel to Westeros, somehow get there, then fight the Others. I think she'll end up mounting Essos.

It looks like fighting the Others is a job left for Jon and Bran.

All the fanboys who kicked and screamed when Martin planned on having a break between books will be to blame.

I'm beginning to wonder if Danny will make it to Westeros. With just two books left it doesn't leave a lot of space for her to untie the Merenese knot, decide to travel to Westeros, somehow get there, then fight the Others. I think she'll end up mounting Essos.

It looks like fighting the Others is a job left for Jon and Bran.

All the fanboys who kicked and screamed when Martin planned on having a break between books will be to blame.

Dany will make it to Westeros. She will not solve the Meereenese Knot though. George sent Victarion and tyrion to Meereen for that reason while Dany will be busy uniting the dothraki under her rule. When they are ready, they will leave Meereen, make a lot of wars on the way with Free Cities and in Westeros, Dany will do more wars with Stannis and fAegon. There will be no time left for Dany to fight the Others. Jon and Bran will be fighting them until the end.

I always assumed the dragons would be used in some way to combat the Others and the WWs. Dany's concern has always been her people (namely the slaves she has freed) and I can't imagine any situation where she wouldn't try to save the people of the realm. Can someone clarify dragonglass for me? Is it made with the fire of dragons and that is what gives it the special properties that can kill the Others? If so wouldn't one think that an actual dragon would be even more superior ?

Archived