Pictionary XXII - Childhood Heroes - Results Imminent

The BlackBear

Welcome to the 22th game of Telephone Pictionary!

Three Cheers for Buckwheat whose hosting of the last game was filled with fl00b shenanigans.

Never been here before? Have no fear we'll only lightly dismember you, all new folk are welcome. Don't think you have to be able to draw to play, or even be able to describe stuff accurately, that's part of the fun. Check out the results of our previous games, I'm sure it'll cheer you up.

Game Flow:

Everyone signed up should start by PMing me with a sentence.
Please title your PM's as '*board name* - Pictionary' or something similar to help me keep track of everything. If you already have a PM chain with me, you can use that regardless of the title.
When the game starts, each of the original sentences will be sent out to a different player. This player will have approximately 72 hours (3 days) to draw the sentence and send me a PM with a link to the picture.
At the end of those 72 hours, the sentence will be sent to a third person, who hasn't seen anything from that chain before. This person will have approximately 48 hours to send in a sentence summarizing the picture.
I hope we get at least 9 players, so we can have 9 rounds. If more people want to participate, that is no problem, the more the merrier. :)
If you cannot meet a deadline, please notify me as soon as you've received the sentence (or picture) - or, better yet, tell me before you receive one. I will find somebody else and send it there. I will also do this automatically if you have not completed the round by the deadline (usually 72 hours for pictures and 48 hours for sentences). Somebody who consistently fails to meet deadlines will be kicked out of the game at my discretion. Especially somebody who doesn't announce that they cannot meet a deadline beforehand.
I will update this opening post to indicate what round we are on and when deadlines are.

Picture/sentence standards:

• Any drawing program--Photoshop, Flash, MS Paint--will do. Drawing pictures by hand and scanning/taking a photo of them will also do. Basically, anything will do as long as I can see it.
  • Having said that, please draw everything from scratch. You can use Google Images as a reference, but don't paste other people's pictures into your own.
  • In images, words are completely banned! Letters and symbols are allowed/banned at my discretion. But try not to use them except when absolutely vital.
  • Please don't intentionally mislead anybody. Do the most accurate non-legalistic picture that you can. The chain will find a way to mutate anyway.
  • Pictures shouldn't be too small, which basically means as long as I can see them and they can be viewed in their entirety on one page, you're fine.
  • Pictures should be the right way up (this may seem obvious but it has happened, most hosting sites can rotate pictures, and most image viewing software can too.)
  • Photographs are best saved as JPGs; otherwise, if in doubt, you should probably save as a PNG. Do not save as a BMP under any circumstances or I'll have to ask you to reformat it before sending it onward, and nobody wants that. If you're using MS paint, remember to save your pictures as .jpg NOT keep the .bmp saving.
  • Please be mindful of where you upload your pictures to. Tinypic deletes its pictures without warning. Imgur is probably your best bet (imgur.com).
  • No Photobucket. It links to the gallery and not the pictures. Images hosted on Photobucket will not be accepted.
  • Link to the photo. Not the Gallery.
  • When you upload, don't save it under a name that will hint at its origins. This is something else that you'll need to reformat over.
  • Okay, on to sentences. Keep it to one sentence and don't be too legalistic about what you are summarizing.
  • When you describe a picture, the general idea is more important than the specifics.

Miscellaneous:

• Please don't talk to other players about the sentences/pictures you got. If somebody tells you anything about a chain you haven't seen yet, please let me know.
  • I will note in-thread if somebody is behind.
  • If you haven't sent a link in within 48 hours (but not the full 72), I might send you a prod (might if I remember). Other actions may be taken if you're inactive for the full round.
  • Please use 1 PM conversation for this game, otherwise my PM cannot hold a new conversation for every turn and/or thoughts on the game.

Scoring

I have decided to implement a scoring system for returned drawings and sentences. It doesn't really mean anything, it's just to entertain me. Please don't unnecessarily rush any rounds.

It'll follow the old F1 scoring system:

10pts

8pts

6pts

5pts

4pts

3pts

2pts

1pts

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM or post in this thread.

Bonus chains will be available once you have finished your task for the current round.

We are finished, results inbound 9-10 GMT

Players (bolded have finished their chain for the current round):

HelenaExMachina 51pts

Pebble 44 pts

Buckwheat 43pts

Neumond 39pts

Rhaenys Balerion 31pts (4 Rounds)

Lany Cassandra 25pts

Faceless Athena 25 pts (7 Rounds)

Rocksniffer 23pts

Turinqui-Calima 18pts

Previous Players

DreamSongs 13pts (4 Rounds)

BlackBear 0pts (1 Round)

Deadline for the current round:

Important: I mean to actually enforce the SAFE FOR WORK rule this game. A little bit of implicit smut is fine, but we do have kids on this board, so nothing too explicit. Keep this in mind while working on your starting sentence.

We dunnae have a theme as of yet but the consensus is we'd like one. We only have two suggestions as of yet:

Childhood Heroes (I'll allow vague interpretations of this)

Nationality (presumably yours, some form of stereotype perhaps)

Please suggest more, or tell me which you'd prefer.

Hm. I'll sign up, sure I can spare 5-10minutes to scribboe out a drawing if I am busy. I accept no responsibility for the poor quality of my drawings as exams draw nearer however.

I like the idea of childhood heroes too I guess. We could save nationality for when I host?

i am in...

and, well, i am still sticking with childhood heroes unique to your region/country/culture...but will support the majority consensus

allow me to add my thanks to our beautiful Queen for a great hosting last game

also i am hoping for some smut since i draw that better than cats....

:smoking:

Important: I mean to actually enforce the SAFE FOR WORK rule this game. A little bit of implicit smut is fine, but we do have kids on this board, so nothing to explicit. Keep this in mind while working on your starting sentence.

ETA: got a sentence in mind for childhood heroes, so once the vote is finalised I'll send it

Hm. I'll sign up, sure I can spare 5-10minutes to scribboe out a drawing if I am busy. I accept no responsibility for the poor quality of my drawings as exams draw nearer however.

I like the idea of childhood heroes too I guess. We could save nationality for when I host?

I do not even have my colour pencils here. Be prepared for a lot of grey pencil thingies ... :leaving:

allow me to add my thanks to our beautiful Queen for a great hosting last game

*curtsey* Thank you!

I do not even have my colour pencils here. Be prepared for a lot of grey pencil thingies ... :leaving:

*curtsey* Thank you!

I have coloured pens (like, biro pens) because I need colour when I'm studying for exams :dunno:

Also, sent my sentence!

Ah heck throw me in. Just don't expect the quality of the Norwegian Blue drawing. I need something to get my mind of crap.

:cheers: nothing better to beat back crap that trying to figure out if those are rabbits doing calculus while giant flowers attack... ;)

Archived