Biggest WTFs?

Tyrion The Huge

Biggest WTF before now: Red Wedding.

Ned's death was shocking, but not too surprising. The mentor figure frequently dies in fiction, and death was frequently flaunted as a punishment for him. The Red Wedding, though hinted at, was a much bigger WTF, and game changer.

Biggest WTF in the next two books: The wall fails/falls.

This will be the true, ***** hits the fan moment as nobles still can't put aside their squabbles even as Others start breathing down their neck.

- the girl on girl action between Dany and one of her servants on the boat (sorry, I'm still confused which of the girls is which one)

- the whole last Sansa's chapter in ASOS, culminating into Littlefinger pushing Lysa through the Moon Door

- Sandor appears in that Arya chapter in ASOS

- Shae in Tywin's bed

- Littlefinger betraying Ned in AGOT ("I did warn you not to trust me")

Surely there are many more such moments, these are the ones that come to my mind now.

Ned dying. Originally I saw this on the show, and refused to accept what was happening. Even when the sword was coming down I expected someone to come and stop it.

"The things I do for love"

When the undying started attacking daenerys.

Oh and of course Red wedding. Worse chapter ever. Not writing wise but because all of the crappy things in it.

My biggest WTF moment, definitely the Red Wedding. The first time I read it I put down the book and decided I was done with the book and series. About an hour later I picked the book back up and by the end ASOS was my favorite of the series. :laugh:

Well, I watched the first 2 seasons of the show before I started the book, so jaimie pushing bran was a huge surprize. Then ned dieing was unexpected. But the craziest part was definitely the red wedding. When I read that I think I litarally said aloud "What the f***?"

Also a huge WTF in the books to come would be Brienne marrying Jaime !

Or Sansa willingly marrying LittleFinger...

Or Dany marrying Tyrion !

Brienne and Jaime don't bother me.

Sansa willingly marrying LF or Dany marrying Tyrion would be way more WTF. Seriously.

Neither the RW nor the PW were WTF for me. Both were pretty obvious.

Archived