NBA 2014-15: Playoff edition

Ramsay B.

Whatever happened to just a nice clean ejection from the game without having to worry about next game?!

Whatever happened to playing the game of basketball without having to worry about your strike defense? Given his history, what actually happened and the fact that Crowder got hurt from it, it might be multiple games.

Clippers bringing it in the 4th!

He'll get at least one game. He nailed Jae in the face with a backfist punch basically.

The refs were a joke. Got two guys hurt, another ejected and a long list of terrible calls - no control whatsoever.

As far as JR - may have been out of line but the celts were in full out goon mode. And that "blow to the face" was so hard it hurt his knee....

Love said post game he expects to be ready game 1, I think between him being a tough hombre and some cortisone he isn't going to miss that series.

But that was a bush league move by Bruce Jenner or however he says his name, with the NBA politics and the no call there it wouldn't shock me if they reclassify the flagarant 2 on smith to a 1 as a peace pipe to the cavs for the egregious no call on love....

Love said post game he expects to be ready game 1, I think between him being a tough hombre and some cortisone he isn't going to miss that series.

A dislocated shoulder is a BIG difference than say a separated shoulder. According to this article, he could miss at a minimum of 2 to 3 games and a max of requiring surgery. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2015/04/26/kevin-love-dislocated-shoulder-cavaliers/26421853/

The average timeline for a return from a dislocated left shoulder is about four weeks — some returns are longer and some shorter depending on the severity of the injury. Before he was traded to the Cavaliers, guard Iman Shumpert dislocated his left shoulder with the Knicks on Dec. 12 and returned to the lineup with the Cavs post-trade on Jan. 23, six-week absence. In 2011, Channing Frye dislocated his shoulder and returned 14 days later.

Love will return to Cleveland with the Cavs later Sunday and "receive additional examination, imaging and evaluation at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health over the next 24 hours," the team said.

Certified athletic trainer Jeff Stotts said the best-case scenario for Love would be an acute dislocation with minimal damage to the surrounding soft tissue and an absence of 2-3 games. The worst case would be a dislocation with a significant torn labrum and the possibility of surgery

The refs were a joke. Got two guys hurt, another ejected and a long list of terrible calls - no control whatsoever.

As far as JR - may have been out of line but the celts were in full out goon mode. And that "blow to the face" was so hard it hurt his knee....

But that was a bush league move by Bruce Jenner or however he says his name, with the NBA politics and the no call there it wouldn't shock me if they reclassify the flagarant 2 on smith to a 1 as a peace pipe to the cavs for the egregious no call on love....

Agreed. Celtics were definitely in goon mode.

A dislocated shoulder is a BIG difference than say a separated shoulder. According to this article, he could miss at a minimum of 2 to 3 games and a max of requiring surgery. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2015/04/26/kevin-love-dislocated-shoulder-cavaliers/26421853/

I didn't say it. He did. Have to see what happens.

He said he expects to play game 1.

Why is blow to the face in quotations? Smith hit him in the face and Crowder fell awkwardly and hurt his knee. Not the worst or cheapest thing I've ever seen but it was bad enough to warrant a suspension. The refs obviously lost control but both teams had their bad moments, Kendrick Perkins should've been tossed and the Olynyk play was cheap as hell.

I hope Clips-Spurs goes 7, I wanna see a classic game.

It looked to me like JR hit Crowder in the face at the exact moment that Crowder was starting to go down due to his knee buckling on its own; I didn't think the two were related. I also thought that JR's hit was inadvertent. Definitely a hard foul, but it didn't look intentional to me.

This is a drubbing. Wizards going on a Finals run?

Unlikely, but I do think ECF is on the table considering Atlanta can't destroy a sorry Brooklyn team. This whole thing has been shocking. As a Wizards fan you're just always waiting for the other shoe to drop. But nothing puts a hop in my step like the thought of Wall doing battle with Irving or Rose in the ECF.

This is is the first time I've seen this team play to its potential and not let up. Even bench guys are showing up - Uncle Drew Gooden, Otto Porter, Ramon Sessions. They have all the pieces to be a really tough out.

Also I think based on their defensive intensity today, it looks like the Raptors want Casey fired as much as Jabronius and Slurk do.

Well yeah, JL...Casey will assuredly be fired, so at least that's nice.

The downside is this team is and always was seriously flawed. When the effectiveness of 'hero ball' declined, those flaws came up in spades - no inside presence (or, more accurately, a serious misuse of JV, the guy who actually could have had a big impact down low), no ball movement, and in this series it was a lack of intensity as well. There is also no true go-to guy to rely on in the clutch.

The division title is still a possibility next year, but beyond that I have no idea what to make of this team. I certainly hope Masai does.

everyone seems to be forgetting how good the Wiz looked in the first couple of months. that and The Truth gives them a playoff guru.

Yeah but so did the Hawks and Raptors, that's why a ton of people don't give it much thought. I think it's less the fact that the Wizards are solid and moreso that the Raptors peaked at the absolute worst time. Either the Bulls come out as the Eastern champs or the Cavs do.

Mike Conley's injury looks to be an orbital fracture. That's not good - will likely require surgery and out 1-2 weeks. I still think the Griz can finish off the Blazers with just Udrih and Calathes, but the chances of upsetting the Warriors minus Conley are slim.

I've been amazed at how little Toronto has had to say in this series against the Wiz. Demolished and swept under the rug.

Similarly, Portland has been nowhere against the Grizz, they've just been flattened. I wonder if this hopeless sweep brings Aldridge to seriously consider a new team in free agency after all.

Dallas is about to go down 4-1 in Houston. Houston then facing an extremely tough semi final. I hope for them it's not the Spurs because the Spurs will kill them. Against the Clippers they have a 50-50 chance.

Finally, about the Boston-Cleveland series, Jae Crowder especially and the rest of those cronies have been playing "physical" all week.

It's been beyond borderline at some points for several games and really, an explosion of some sort was coming. I'm not surprised its Crowder who's taking the hit, he'd been guarding LeBron all week in a manner that did not please LeBron or his teammates.

Massive shame about Kevin Love. He could well miss the entire series against the Bulls. It was another shit move by the Celtics, Olynyk just kept holding that arm well beyond the point of a normal tying up of arms. Ridiculous really. Bill Simmons will be disappointed as he hoped Love would join the Celtics this Summer.

Massive shame about Kevin Love. He could well miss the entire series against the Bulls. It was another shit move by the Celtics, Olynyk just kept holding that arm well beyond the point of a normal tying up of arms. Ridiculous really. Bill Simmons will be disappointed as he hoped Love would join the Celtics this Summer.

That injury could have huge repercussions for this year and going forward. If Love is out for a month and the Cavs fail to win the East, I think the odds that Love walks away go waay up. And then Lebron is left in Cleveland with just Irving. Now, that's a great duo for many years to come, but that isn't going to cut it against the best in the West, and it's going to hurt that much more to see Wiggins lighting it up. That injury could potentially change the entire NBA landscape.

That injury could have huge repercussions for this year and going forward. If Love is out for a month and the Cavs fail to win the East, I think the odds that Love walks away go waay up. And then Lebron is left in Cleveland with just Irving. Now, that's a great duo for many years to come, but that isn't going to cut it against the best in the West, and it's going to hurt that much more to see Wiggins lighting it up. That injury could potentially change the entire NBA landscape.

Yeah, it makes an already bad trade worse, for sure. So short-sighted. I didn't get that move when they made it. There's something to be said for patience.

Archived