Myrcella Waters Who is Called Baratheon: The Young Queen and the valonqar

Am I the only one who thinks Myrcella, Cersei's bastard daughter, is the young queen and the valonqar? Most people think those are two different people but they don't necessarily have to be. If Dorne winds up going through with the plan to crown Myrcella (Doran may die and the princeship passes to someone who very much wants to) that would make Myrcella a young queen, more beautiful than Cersei, who let her body go to pot, who could tear her down. Valonqar means "little brother" and Myrcella is the second of Cersei's brood, bear in mind High Valyrian words in prophecies have been known to be gender neutral, such as when Maester Aemon declares Dany The Prince That Was Promised. The valonqar chokes Cersei after her children have predeacesed her but we don't know that that is a literal choking, Myrcella could die before Cersei but do something that leads to Cersei fall and death, making her both.

Several people have speculated that it might be Myrcella. They've even suggested it was "young" Cersei. I think Myrcella Hill (she wouldn't be a Waters if she's from the Westlands) could be the younger, more beautiful one but I don't see how she would take all that Cersei holds dear. It's very unlikely that she'll ever sit the Iron Throne.

Several people have speculated that it might be Myrcella. They've even suggested it was "young" Cersei. I think Myrcella Hill (she wouldn't be a Waters if she's from the Westlands) could be the younger, more beautiful one but I don't see how she would take all that Cersei holds dear. It's very unlikely that she'll ever sit the Iron Throne.

As I understand it a bastard name is based on where you grow up not where you're born, ie: Jon was almost certainly born in one of the Southern kingdoms but he's a Snow because he grows up in the North. The Royal Bastards all grow up in Kings Landing, making them Waters.

bear in mind High Valyrian words in prophecies have been known to be gender neutral, such as when Maester Aemon declares Dany The Prince That Was Promised.

The confusion there came from the fact that dragons can change their sex and in that sense are neither male nor female. There's no reason to think Valonqar is a gender neutral term, after all we're specifically told it means little brother.

As I understand it a bastard name is based on where you grow up not where you're born, ie: Jon was almost certainly born in one of the Southern kingdoms but he's a Snow because he grows up in the North. The Royal Bastards all grow up in Kings Landing, making them Waters.

And Myrcella was born in KL so she's a Waters any way you slice it.

Isn't Myrcella scarred, thus not more beautiful?

Beauty doesn't necessarily mean physical features, personally I think people like Myrcella, Shireen & Brienne are more beautiful than Cersei whom is more monstrous as a person & therefore to me isn't beautiful as a person.

Would be a funny twist if it was Shireen, but she doesn't come across that cruel to do something a bit dark.

I thought the bastard name comes from where they were born, not where their family was from. Myrcella was born in King's Landing, so Waters, isn't it?

Archived