Character Predictions

That guy Alistair

So I was just talking to a friend of mine about some of the predictions for where some characters will end and though I'm sure there are plenty of threads about this thought I would go ahead and make my own.

What are some of your predictions of where some characters (major or minor) will end? Do you have any good reasons to believe so or just based on gut feelings?

Mine :

Jon sits the IT reluctantly (has to do it to unite the 7 kingdoms against the White Walkers). My bets will ride Rhaegal or Drogon if he rides a dragon after Dany dies.
Dany is dead. I like the idea of her going abit crazy and bringing fire and blood to westeros as an antagonist who started with good intentions and lost her way as she went.
Tyrion is either dead or if alive will be Jons Hand of the King. MIGHT ride a dragon, if so bets are on it being Viserion
Arya I think will die.. she will be a dark character who does good but dont see her living.
I like the idea of either Sansa or Bran turning 'evil'. Sansa through political power or Bran through magical/manipulated by BR or CotF. Though I don't see both being evil.
Rickon lord of westeros
Jamie will kill cerise then die him self straight after based on foreshadowing about how they came into the world together and will leave it together and Cercies prophecy which she thinks is Tyrion.

EDIT: Will also add that I read one theroy once that I really liked that had Rhaegal going to Victarion (though providing ships to dany + dragon binder) who then loses Rhaegal to Aegon, who dies in Dance of Dragons 2.0 leaving Rhaegal free for Jon.

Personally, I think Rhaegal and Viserion are going to go beserk and attack Westeros on their own whim, leaving Dany and Drogon to ultimately take them down (thus, becoming the savior of Westeros). We have already been seeing hints that these two Dragons are getting out of control after all.

This will create an epic final book that will pit Dany/Drogon vs. Rhae/Vis vs. The Others vs. Nights Watch vs. Westerosi.

Dany will have to fight her "children", Nights Watch will actually have to rely on The Others to stop the dragons, Stannis would have to side with Dany...etc

Lots of opportunities for crazy/ironic twists and turns, setting up a bittersweet ending.

Personally, I think Rhaegal and Viserion are going to go beserk and attack Westeros on their own whim, leaving Dany and Drogon to ultimately take them down (thus, becoming the savior of Westeros). We have already been seeing hints that these two Dragons are getting out of control after all.

This will create an epic final book that will pit Dany/Drogon vs. Rhae/Vis vs. The Others vs. Nights Watch vs. Westerosi.

Dany will have to fight her "children", Nights Watch will actually have to rely on The Others to stop the dragons, Stannis would have to side with Dany...etc

Lots of opportunities for crazy/ironic twists and turns, setting up a bittersweet ending.

Though I don't see that happening. I do like the idea of Dany locked up Rhaeghal and Viserion as punishment for what Drogon did. And by doing so lost control of them whilst gaining control of Drogon (who is the one that toasted the child).

No, Drogon is daenerys Dragon. I believe in WoW their reletionship will grow. And the idea of Jon riding Dany's Dragon, that she views as her kid and who drogon views as his/her mum, is very wrong. People may not like daenerys and prefer Jon or other characters, but that's her Dragon and will be till the end of the story. You CANNOT have the coolest direwolf and also have biggest most badass Dragon.

Dany will survive till the end or will die at the VERY end. GRRM has put a lot of effort into her character development and story, she will have a very big part in the ASOIAF climax. From AGoT to ADwD daenerys has been kind of a big deal.

Bran I hope will survive till the end doing his awesome three eyed raven magic.

Cersei will hopefully be killed by Arya.

And Sam will, I hope, finally be able to prove he's not a coward.

I want 7 or more kingdoms again, and I'd be okay with this scenario:

Jon: the Others retreet and Jon disappears with his fate unknown. He will be remembered as a hero, like "the last hero" or Azor Ahai, from whom people talk fairy tales to their children hundreds of years later.

Dany: dies during childbirth. In order to be able to "reproduce" and keep the blood of the dragon, I want her to give birth to twins, who then get Dragonstone or go back to Valyria with Drogon and the most loyals of Dany, their father is not known (she banged Daario, will bang Victarion and may more) so they take the name Targaryen.

Tyrion: becomes a dragonrider, the only one who goes to help the Night's Watch, and there he loses his dragon.Then either dies or moves to Casterly-Rock to die in age old, in his own bed with a belly full of wine and a maiden's mouth around his cock.

Arya: she has to kill someone as a Faceless Man in Westeros. When kills the target, decides to finish her death list, abandons the Faceless Men coz of what one of them will hunt for her till the rest of her life.

Bran: I really hope there is a big undead or ice dragon and Bloodraven wants Bran to warg and wake it up and use against the Night's Watch, thus he will fly. If not this,then he becomes the "Horn of Winter" and wakes the giants of the earth.

Sansa: takes over the Riverlands with Harrenhal as her seat, and his husband either Harrold Hardying (House Hardyng of Harrenhal doesn't sound wrong) or Aegon if he survives till the end and as like House Blackfyre or Harrenhal. They Sansa ends up being a queen.

Rickon: brings the Skags to the North. After Roose Bolton's defeat, he impales the captured Lords and Ladies on the weirwood of Winterfell and starts his reign as King Rickon Stark. But before his defeat Roose flays a dead soldier, takes his skin and escapes.

Cersei and Jaime: Cersei sees Myrcella and Tommen die, then she fails, goes crazy and put King's Landing on fire. Jaime arrives, kills her to end her pain, sits the Iron Throne and fire engulfs him.

Barristan Selmy: dies by the hands of Skahaz and his Brazen Beasts or in Westeros in an epic duel against for example Jon Connington when there will be problems between Dany and Aegon. JonConn will know that Aegon is not Rhaegar's son, so he abandons him in order to find and kill Varys and Illyrio.

Greyjoy brothers: I like the idea what someone told once there: Euron buries Aeron alive thus he can never reach the Drowned God's hall. Victarion kills Euron, then due to an earthquake Pyke falls into the sea with Victarion.

Theon: Stannis spares his life when they will know that Bran and Rickon are alive. For example Mance captures and starts to flay Ramsay while Stannis is fighting Roose. After defeat Roose, they find a broken Ramsay and hand him over to Theon to decide about his fate and Theon drowns him into water saying "What is dead may never die". Then Theon goes back to the Iron Islands and acting like a priest of the Drowned God he unites the Ironborn and "The Old Way" returns.

Dany: Barristan kills her when she, deciding that dragons plant no trees, goes on a burning spree in Westeros.

Victarion: saves Meereen and installs himself as one of the three leaders alongside Dany and Tyrion. Goes on to sack Yunkai, Volantis, and New Ghis, before sailing back to Westeros and getting killed by his brother.

Tyrion: helps save Meereen and becomes one of the three leaders alongside Dany and Victarion. Filled by a dark desire for revenge, he joins Vicky and Dany in their mad sacking spree. He becomes effective Hand of the Queen, before dying in Westeros. Not sure how, though.

Cersei: survives her trial by combat thanks to Ser Robert Strong. Goes on to set fire to significant portions of KL with those wildfire caches that Jaime didn't tell anybody about, killing herself in the process. Probably while the city is being converged on by the newly-arrived Dany from one side and fAegon's GC-CL forces on the other. The city won't be completely destroyed, but there'll definitely be a lot of death.

Jon Con/fAegon: slaughters the Reach force outside of Storm's End by surprise. Then, the GC will claim to be sellswords hired by Stannis to gain access to the castle. Once inside, they will butcher the garrison at fAegon's insistence. With Aegon firmly established as a strong presence, and his delayed ships finally arriving with more soldiers, the until this point untapped reserves of the Stormlands and Crownlands will flock to him. Dorne will be doing its own thing, nominally on his side. Or maybe they'll side with Dany anyway; it's extremely unlikely, but the odds just looked way too stacked in his favor for the second Dance of Dragons to happen. Oh, and I think he's going to die.

Roose: not sure. He might just be duped by Stannis into thinking the threat is over, leave Ramsay with the Freys and a few hundred Bolton men as a garrison, and find the castle taken while he's outside. Then he can live to be a future threat. Or he might just die inside Winterfell. Possibly at the hands of his own son...

Ramsay: dies during the battle of Winterfell after being duped into thinking his side won the Battle of Crofter's Village. Either he dies in the battle proper, or he gets captured and dispassionately executed by Stannis.

Dies: Theon, Danny, Selmy, Arya, Cersei, Stannis, Littlefinger, Victarion, Euron, Melissandre, Roose, Ramsey, Walder with most of the Freys

Lives in a supernatural sense: Jon (revealed as Aegon Stark) as the ptwp/Last Hero reborn, Jaime (AAR), Bran (the ice equivalent of AAR)

Lives in the corporal world: Sansa (QRitN), Rickon (LoW/KitN), Asha (Lady Reaper of Pyke), fAegon (sits the IT to unite the South - who else can?), Arianne (Queen Consort), Tyrion (Hand/LoCR), Jorah Mormont (takes the black)

Arya: Arya will probably turn into a great faceless man and I honestly think she'll stick to being a faceless man but then gets a mission to kill someone she knows well or something, maybe Sansa. She isn't able to do it herself but somehow still kills this character and just continues living as a faceless man.

Jon: Will most likely lead the battle against the white walkers and will be remembered as a hero in Westeros for hundreds or maybe thousands of years. Will most likely die in the end, but successfully saves westeros.

Tyrion: Tyrion will join Daenarys but I think she'll turn mad and Tyrion takes it upon himself to end her madness like his brother did. He kills Daenarys due to her madness and then dies as a traitor and gets killed by Barristan Selmy

Sansa: Will turn into a dark character who somehow tricks Petyr Baelish and kills him, will rule the vale through Harry the heir.

Daenarys: She will fly into westeros and lose control over her dragons and wont be able to control them, turns mad trying to get the crown and Tyrion kills her off.

Bran: Bran will probably learn how to warg dragons and together with Jon saves the realm against the white walkers.

Victarion: Will arrive in Mereen and claim the dragons with dragonbinder. He will die because of his hand and the dragons will go berzerk. (this is more wishing than believing)

Cersei: Will definitely get strangled by Jaime, so certain of this. I don't know why, but I just know he will, and maybe kill himself afterwards.

Aegon: Aegon will sit the IT.

Jon is King of the 8 Kingdoms, on a Throne at Harrenhall the new Capitol. Political marriage to Daenerys.

Robb's will made him King in the North, being the True born son of Rhaegar made him a match to Daenerys. He rules as Viserys IV

Jon discovered Sheepstealer at Hardhome (or Skaggos) and rides this dragon as on of the Three Heads

Daenerys on Drogon and Tyrion on Rhaegal. Viserion dies at Mereen.

Sansa marries Harry the Heir and becomes the Lady of the Vale. She throws Littlefinger out of the Moondoor shortly after Little finger kill Robin

Arya leaves the Faceless men and makes her way back to Westeros in hopes of killing Cersie. Never gets to. Ends up in Daenerys service and finds Gendry again in the Riverlands

After Gendry reforges Ice, Jon legitimizes him and makes him Lord of the Stormlands and marries him to Arya

Bran stays in the Trees

Rickon dies

Robb Jr is the Lord of Winterfell

Tyrion turns down the offer to become Hand to the King and returns to Casterly Rock as Lord of the Westerlands

Barristan confirmed that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen bastard, he is a head of the Dragon

Stannis kills Cersie in the Red keep (strangling her) and dies in the Wildfire that Cersie set ablaze as King's Landing burns to the ground

fAegon is found out and is killed by Daenerys men (Barristan), Daenerys take the Blackfyre sword and his forces agree to join her own.

Jaime dead

Brianne dead

Pod alive and serving Tyrion as a Bannerman and head of House Payne

Varys dead

Jorah is given Longclaw by Jon & Daenerys (Daenerys promised him a sword) and he is appointed the First LC of the new Night's Watch. The new Night's Watch duty is to serve the King and protect the True North from any future incursions of the Others, to guard the Free men and the Wildlings.

Daenerys gives Jon Blackfyre on their wedding day to signify he is the new King. Jon takes a new Sigil of a White Direwolf standing and facing a Red Dragon (one head) on a black background

Barristan dead

The ending is bittersweet as only Arya has a true happy ending. Jon is in a political marriage and did not want to be King. He wanted to be a Stark in Winterfell but he had to do his duty.

Sansa is married to Harry Arryn which is not for love. Daenerys is Queen but has a husband she did not choose. Bran stays at the tree. Rickon is dead. Tyrion has Casterly Rock but finds out he is not a true Lannister and has no family.

My Predictions (mostly wishful thinking):

Daenerys: destroys Meeren with fire and blood. Arrives at the Wall riding Drogon, with Tyrion seated on either Viserion or Rhaegal; the remaining dragon will go to Jon. The three of them destroy the White Walkers and save the realm. Afterward Daenerys goes to Westeros and claims the Iron Throne with Tyrion as her King Consort/Hand and rules peacefully for many years.

Tyrion: is revealed to be the son of Aerys and Joanna Lannister. Rides a dragon, redeems himself (somehow, I don't know how), and becomes Dany's King Consort/Hand and helps her rule the realm.

Jon: after the WW are gone, re-establishes the Night's Watch, bringing it back to its former glory with Maester Sam (who has returned from the Citadel) and his trusted lieutant/newest recruit, Jorah Mormont.

Cersei: goes mad, tries to burn KL after somehow accidently murdering Tommen, and is murdered in turn by Jaime.

Jaime, saves the realm from Cersei, is pardoned for his crimes by Queen Daenerys and leaves the Kingsguard. He professes his love to Brienne, who turns him down, despite loving him back, and he lives out the rest of his days in service to the realm at the Wall.

fAegon: dracarys'd.

Sansa: reunites with Sandor after escaping from or killing Littlefinger. Lives out a peaceful life in the Riverlands, in a cottage as Lady Clegane, raising beautiful little SanSans, who she teaches to be honorable, strong, and true.

Arya: ???

Bran: watches over everyone through the weirnet.

Rickon: returns from Skagos, eventually becomes Lord Stark of Winterfell.

But that's too sweet of an ending for GRRM, I think . ..

unCat gives up her life to resurrect Jon after his stabbing.

but as a condition has to raise The North, accept Lord of Winterfell title per Robb's letter, and "Remember".

but he will still not accept the Stark name, his condition to the terms.

Jon, regardless of R+L and the events above, does not acknowledge his Targ blood.

Vic and Selmy kill one another in glorious battle.

Euron and Dany is teased, but never happens.

Arya kills Sansa, but unknowingly.

Sansa, "forgets", becomes her own worst enemy eventually leading someone to hire the FM to remove her.

Broad prediction: all dead

But in the short term:

Jon and Dany die in some heroic act of valor.

Cersei finally gets too tangled in the web she has been weaving.

Bran dead to the world mostly, but lives on as a tree.

Stannis dies/becomes The Night's King...dies again

Roose & Ramsay - die bloody and screaming

Jaime dies in a heroic act of redemption...possibly to save Brienne and Sansa

Littlefinger's schemes finally catch up to him

Martels die due to their schemes with fAegon.

Sandor dies saving Sansa...or possibly in the act of killing unGregor

Arya receives the gift from Jaqen because she goes rogue

Sansa - I don't know...seems possible she lives on or possibly runs away

Tyrion dies, but not before seeing Cersei perish

Brienne lives on and Pod gets knighted

Think thats about it for the main characters.

Dany retraces her steps to Meereen, Yunkai, Astapor, Qarth, Vaes Dothrak and Pentos (exacting a terrible revenge on Khal Jhaqo and Mago along the way), then invades Westeros and wreaks havoc here and there, ending up at the Wall just in time for the epic final battle and dying of frostbite after accidentally falling off Drogon’s back.

Jon unites the north and then the whole of Westeros to lead the epic final battle, in which he perishes, and becomes the greatest legend Westeros has ever known. (Archmaester Samwell’s account of the events will become the standard work on these matters.)

Tyrion wheedles and plots his way back to Westeros, starting with Victarion’s dragon horn and his ships. In Westeros he first kills Cersei, then takes the two dragons north for the epic final battle. Afterwards, he serves as King’s Hand until retiring to Casterly Rock. He dies in his own bed, with a belly full of wine and a maiden’s mouth around his cock, at the age of eighty.

Jaime and Brienne do heroic deeds in the epic final battle, then retire to Tarth and start a school of swordsmanship for war orphans.

Podrick accidentally steals Val and she’s so impressed with him that she keeps him as her husband.

Oleanna Tyrell discretely murders King Tommen and marries Margaery to Prince Aegon, who takes the Iron Throne. The sand snakes discretely murder Margaery and Arianne marries Aegon.

Roose Bolton and Stannis die in battle fighting each other. Bran wargs Ramsay’s dogs, who tear Ramsay limb from limb and eat him. Rickon is proclaimed the King in the North, later becoming known as “The Mad Dog of Winterfell”.

Sweetrobin makes Littlefinger fly but Littlefinger grabs him at the last moment and both plunge to their deaths. Sansa marries Harry the Heir and they rule the Vale.

More and more Freys die in mysterious circumstances and amidst the confusion of battle. Lord Walder Frey is delivered some final insult and he dies of apoplexy. The Freys turn on one another and within years House Frey is totally annihilated. King Aegon grants the Frey lands and the Twins to Lady Sansa.

By the time Arya returns to Westeros, everybody on her list is already dead. Frustrated, she sets up her own society of secret assassins.

Euron and Aeron Greyjoy kill each other (Tyrion has disposed of Victarion) and Asha returns to the Iron Islands and becomes a carer for her aunt, her mother and Theon, until Ser Justin Massey arrives with a splendid ship and they sail off together for a life on the high seas.

Myrcella and Shireen both flee to the Free Cities, where they meet, fall passionately in love and establish a school for girls.

Varys stays with Illyrio Mopatis and begins to plot and plan to unite the Free Cities into a single, powerful state.

Stannis, LF, Varys, Aegon, Shireen, Selyse, Mel, JonCon, Victarion, Euron, Theon, Jaime, Jorah, Barristan, Doran, Cersei, Margaery, Loras, Mace, High Sparrow, Tommen, Myrcella, Trystane, Arianne, Sand Snakes, most Freys, Roose, Ramsey--dead.

Bran, Jon--maybe dead.

Arya, Sansa, Dany, Davos, Tyrion, Brienne, Asha, Sam, Edd, Tormund, Val, Rickon--maybe alive.

What I wish would happen:

Dany: dies or doesn't become Queen of Westeros for some other reason. She would be a disaster.

Jon: Azor Ahai, R+L=J revealed but he stays at the Wall and has a huge role in defeating the Others. He stays Lord Commander (possibly re-elected as 1000th if someone was elected while he was "dead") and stays so well into old age, respected as a living legend. Sam returns as a Maester and writes down the story. The Watch is restored to its old glory, with many volunteers. They rebuild the abandoned castles after the Wall is restored.

Bran: if the Wall falls, he'll be the one to rebuild it with the help of the Children, but then he'll return to the tree. He'll keep contact with people through the weirdwoods.

Sansa: lives, becomes Warden of the North or regent for Rickon.

Sandor: hopefully recks UnGregor, barely survives, eventually joins Sansa as her sworn shield. Maybe they get married if we're really optimistic.

Cersei: loses her mind completely and tries to burn KL with wildfire. Jaime saves the day again. She gets valonqar'd.

Jaime: either dies heroically or lives and gets together with Brienne. Maybe they retire to Tarth.

Petyr: killed by Sansa. TWOW epilogue POV maybe?

Varys: survives but disappears from Westeros.

Tyrion: if he lives, he becomes Lord of Casterly Rock. Tywin is rolling in his grave.

Arya: she deserts the FM. If they don't hunt her down, she stays a badass and single, because she ain't got time for romance.

Stannis: dream: he wins the Iron Throne. Reality: probably dies horribly because GRRM is the Great Other. Would be really cool: Night's King.

Selyse: dies.

Mel: dies, probably reviving Jon or fighting the Others.

Shireen: lives against all odds, eventually follows her father on the throne. She will be known as the Stone Queen and she'll be loved by the people.

Mance: probably dies. Hopefully it will be worthy of a song.

Tormund: marries a Mormont lady. Next best thing to an actual bear.

Margaery: finally gets a husband who can take her "virginity". He lives. Everyone is surprised.

Loras: dies. Probably not of his alleged injuries but in a battle.

Davos: if Stannis lives, he'll be Hand of the King and bring his family to KL. If Stannis dies, he'll probably die by his side. Tearbending ensues.

Aeron: tries some serious Drowned God shit like releasing the Kraken or summoning a tsunami trying to bring down Euron. It fails. He dead.

Euron and Victarion have a final showdown. Euron probably still wins. The last thing Vic hears is his laughter.

Euron will still die some way but it will be supernatural. Maybe the Others take him. Maybe Balon's statue comes for dinner. Who knows.

Arianne: marries fAegon. Dies because she's a loser.

fAegon: dies in battle, probably by UnGregor's hand for extra irony.

Connington: finds out fAegon was fake and has to watch him die. Then proceeds to fall on his sword, fucks up because his hand isn't working properly (see: Cato the Younger) and takes forever to die. Hallucinates Rhaegar and whatnot.

Doran: finally kicks the bucket after two of his kids die.

Barristan: dies after slaying dozens of enemies. He deserves to go out like a badass.

Jorah: sacrifices himself for Dany. If he's really lucky, he dies in her arms.

Hodor: hopefully lives.

Dolorous Edd: lives because he's one of the few Genre Savvy people in Westeros. Just his luck.

Theon: gets his redemption but dies in the process.

Asha: lives and rules the Iron Islands. They get some sort of autonomy like Dorne, in exchange of being an ally to Stannis.

Ramsay: eaten by direwolves or his own bitches.

Roose: killed by Barbrey or Ramsay. Barb I would like more.

Jon- Robb's legitimization is discovered as he becomes the next King in the North

Bran- Becomes Three Eyed Crow II

Sansa- Lady of the Vale, master manipulator a la LF

Littlefinger- Killed by Sansa

Cersei- Killed by Jaime (her little brother)

Jaime- Kills himself after killing Cersei, or is killed by someone else

Arya- I don't know. I'm not sure she'll be willing to completely abandon her identity to become a FM

Tyrion- Lord of Casterly Rock

Stannis- I want him to be the king, but he'll probably die

Davos- Hand of the King is Stannis wins, returns to his wife otherwise

Asha- Commander of the Iron Fleet or head of House Greyjoy

Euron and Vic- Killed, probably by Dany

Sam- A maester somewhere (not sure if the NW will survive)

Ramsay Bolton- Dead, hopefully in the most painful way possible

Roose Bolton- Somehow manages to get away unscathed

UnCat- Killed, maybe by Arya

Barristan- Killed in battle or defending Dany

Dany- Either dead or the Queen of Westeros

Daario- Slowly tortured before being eaten alive by beetles (hopefully)

Dolorous Edd- Azor Ahai

Hodor- King Beyond the Wall

Archived