What would have Tywin's sharp lesson for Joffrey been?

Chiki

Hi everyone! Now, we know that Tywin was planning a sharp lesson for Joffrey in ASOS, to make him stop being so bratty.

"The boy is thirteen. There is time yet." Lord Tywin paced to the window. That was unlike him; he was more upset than he wished to show. "He requires a sharp lesson."

He was visibly upset over the prospect of giving Joffrey a sharp lesson. Tywin of all people being upset. Isn't this a little strange to you? We've never seen Tywin upset, not once (though he was absolutely upset when Joanna died and Tyrion was born).

This means that Tywin probably had something horrific planned for Joffrey, but he felt bad about it because he didn't want to put his family's name into ruin. We know what Tywin's sharp lesson for Tyrion was when he was 13.. he had Tysha raped by like 100 soldiers.

My theory is that he had something similar in store for Joffrey. He likely planned to have Joffrey raped by someone.. but since he was the King, it had to be someone close and someone who could keep their mouth shut. Having him raped by the Kingsguard would work, and they can be trusted not to hurt him since they swore vows not to. Tyrion would also be a candidate because Joffrey hated Tyrion and it would've been incredibly embarrassing for him to get raped by a dwarf.

What do you guys think?

The way people go on you'd think Tywin just walked around sentencing people to rape all the time.

You have disagreed with the OP, you are therefore sentenced to mass rape by the Casterly Rock barracks.

OT: It wouldn't have been rape, the fact that he used a punishment as horrible as rape on Tysha was there to shown how much contempt Tywin had for the smallfolk, and especially those who try to slither themselves into his fortune.

I don't think rape. But it'd be fairly brutal, whatever it was.

Punishments usually have Something to do with the crime... and it'd have to be something Joff couldn't retaliate against easily later on (he can assassinate, and systematically dismiss, then kill KG, if they raped him)

I'm thinking some form of disfigurement possibly? Or kidnap with sack on head, can't ID attackers, and just beat to a pulp while a lecture is given? I dunno...

If Tywin had manhandled or threatened/humiliated Joffrey, Joffrey would have killed him. Either at once, offering Mace Tyrell the Handship, or later on when he grew of age.

Seriously.... This theory had a bigger plot twist than anything in ASOIAF!!!!!

Like at first I was reading this all serious then all of a sudden in picturing Joffrey getting handled by 7 KG..... Like dude the fuck?

I was thinking he'd be chucked in a black cell or tywin would lock Joffrey in a room and take off his belt..... To hit him with it.

Seeming as the only thing Joffrey seems to care about is his crown I think tywin would actually use that.... Like he'd purposely overstep the line in front of the council and maybe other bystanders as when Joffrey calls for his head tywin will tell the red cloaks to stand down and once obey tywin not Joffrey then he'd get all pissed off.

Or just rape him, because that's a lot easier to type/explain what I just wrote.

The way people go on you'd think Tywin just walked around sentencing people to rape all the time.

In fairness, he kinda did.

EDIT: I do not believe this was Tywin's plan, because it seems rather nonsensical. He may well have planned a beating though.

The rape was a punishment for Tyrion sleeping with Tysha.

Different crimes have different punishments.

Joffreys crime was being a violent cruel brat who murdered/hurt people on a whim.

His punishment would have been something along the lines of hurting/beating someone he cared about or having joffrey beaten up.

Joff got off on power...whether it was power to hurt and abuse, or power to order others to do his bidding. I think Tywin was going to prove to Joff that he was only a boy figurehead and that grampa pulled all the strings. He was going to have everyone refuse Joff's orders publicly whenever they were commanded to do something.

Maybe a nice "talk" on a hunting trip with all the key players in attendance and in cahoots. KG, small council... every key power he would turn to to execute his will should be there for the humiliation. Then have some kind of magna carta-ish event. Has to be impactfull enough that he Can't retaliate once he gets home. The story out of Joff's mouth will be "I fell off my horse and my lords bravely helped me back on." or something.

He was visibly upset over the prospect of giving Joffrey a sharp lesson.

Tywin was visibly upset about Joffery's behavior, not from contemplating a dis-tasteful punishment. He likely hadn't formulated a plan for punishment yet, but I imagine it would have been a private meeting where Tywin would break Joffery down with words and not through violence. Can't have the king walking aroud with bruises, especially since Joff doesn't seem to spend much time in the training yard.

Archived