Sansa is the "younger more beautiful queen"

GoT_Academy

Sansa will win the Iron Throne. She's an unlikely candidate that's just like GRRM to start as a little girl who dreams of marrying a prince and bearing him little princelets and ends up sitting on the Iron Throne as a virgin ruling queen. Just like Queen Elizabeth: a red head, daughter of a beheaded traitor, and an unlikely candidate after a civil war decimated the nobility. And then there's Maggy the Frog's prophecy.

It's a far more interesting conclusion than having one of the usual suspects win it: Dany, Stannis, John, ...

What do you think?

You can watch our video on the subject for more -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cesr8GAIjv4

I agree that Sansa is the younger and More beautiful queen but it is highly foreshadowed that Cersei will burn the IT along with the KL and no such thing will exist in the end.

I think Sansa will be crowned by Cersei as the Queen of North and Riverlands and married to Tommen after Marg is beheaded a la Anne Boleyn.

She does seem to get A LOT of POV chapters in the books.

Kind of ridiculous actually- she might be the most POV'd character in the book if not Daenerys.

Right. I don't see GRRM putting us through all her sufferings as a stupid little girl for her not to end up in a totally different place.

Galileo thought the world revolves around the sun, he obviously never heard of Sansa.

All most every major scene in the book is directly influenced by Sansas existence. She is the reason the realm is in turmoil, she is the reason her family is dead.

I don't believe in feudalism, but with Sansa it's different. She has a responsibility to set the realm right, correct the mistakes of her family, and seek revenge on cersei, on behalf of everyone and everything. Is Sansa the younger and more beautiful queen? She already is... now where did she put that crown

I agree. I had originally thought it might be Arya, but I've come around to the theory that it'll actually be Sansa instead. The one difference I have, and its a significant one, is that I don't think she'll win the Iron Throne herself (she has no claim and would lead to further problems), but will be a queen through marriage, just as Cersei was.

Kind of ridiculous actually- she might be the most POV'd character in the book if not Daenerys.

What do you mean? Tyrion, Jon, Arya, and Daenerys all have more POV chapters than Sansa.

IMHO Sansa will never be queen of anything. She could attempt to claim the North, but considering the survival of her brothers, that plan would go south soon.

As for who is the younger and more beautiful queen (if it's truly meant to be a queen and only an "another") my guesses would be (in that order):

1, Margaery

2, Arianne

3, Daenerys

Galileo thought the world revolves around the sun, he obviously never heard of Sansa.

All most every major scene in the book is directly influenced by Sansas existence. She is the reason the realm is in turmoil, she is the reason her family is dead.

I don't believe in feudalism, but with Sansa it's different. She has a responsibility to set the realm right, correct the mistakes of her family, and seek revenge on cersei, on behalf of everyone and everything

Wow, that's an interesting point!

I hate Cersei so I always hoped the younger more beautiful queen was actually herself. Everything Cersei does wrong she'll blame anyone but her. She's looking for who will take her power and it would be soooo fitting if it wasn't anyone but Cersei herself, and once again she was trying to blame someone else.

It would also fit into the idea of jaime being the valonqar (which I'm leaning towards right now). That's if you believe the valonqar is the younger sibling of the other queen.

She burns Kings landing, Jaime tries to kill her to prevent this, but is too late.

What do you think?

I like this theory and I think you make some very valid points in the video. I also like the parallel with Queen Elizabeth I.

However, I think it will be because she is (still) married to Tyrion, who we will find out is the true heir to Aerys "the Mad King" Targaryen. But along the way Tyrion will die a heroic death saving the world and she will be left to rule, still a virgin.

However, I think it will be because she is (still) married to Tyrion, who we will find out is the true heir to Aerys "the Mad King" Targaryen. But along the way Tyrion will die a heroic death saving the world and she will be left to rule, still a virgin.

How about this - Tyrion stays in the background as Hand and she remains a virgin because Tyrion told her that she does not have to sleep with him if she doesn't want to, ever. In GoT S05e03 he refuses to sleep with a prostitute, so maybe he'll be a "virgin" as well from here on out.

The specifics are sketchy for now, but my money is mos def on Sansa.

What? The first is Tyrion, then Jon, then Arya, then Daenerys, then Catelyn, and then, Sansa. She's the 6th, and she has got 2 chapters in the last 15 years.

It would also fit into the idea of jaime being the valonqar (which I'm leaning towards right now). That's if you believe the valonqar is the younger sibling of the other queen.

It can only be Jaime because -- think about it -- who would be able to get close enough to Cersei to be able to strangle her, but her lover? It would be an eerie parallel to Tyrion killing his lover Shae. So the Lannister brothers would have killed each other's fathers (Jaime killed the Mad King and Tyrion killed tywin) and their own lovers before the end.

It can only be Jaime because -- think about it -- who would be able to get close enough to Cersei to be able to strangle her, but her lover? It would be an eerie parallel to Tyrion killing his lover Shae. So the Lannister brothers would have killed each other's fathers (Jaime killed the Mad King and Tyrion killed tywin) and their own lovers before the end.

Never thought of it this way but I think you're right. Be interesting to see how exactly this plays out.

I like this theory and I think you make some very valid points in the video. I also like the parallel with Queen Elizabeth I.

The problem is that the titles are bound to Tyrion. If he dies, they pass to his heir rather than Sansa. Presumably, his heir would either be Jaime or, if he's not alive, one of Jaime's children. Barring that, it still works its way through the Lannister line of succession. Regardless, Sansa would not be in the line of succession.

Archived