Will Varys kill Tommen?

ForeverLost

I am sorry if it has been discussed before, but it just occurred to me that it in the show it could be Tommen whom Varys kills at some point instead of Kevan. Tommen will show himself as quite capable ruler after HS arrests Cersei. Also common people love Margery, so they might like him as well. Varys will not be happy, because it makes less chance that people will follow Daenerys when she arrives in Westeros. What do you think?

Why kill Tommen? He's still a naive teenager, he doesn't know how to rule by himself. The scene when he tried to enter the Great Sept was clear about that.

I don't think Varys will go on a rampage and kill everyone in the Red Keep, he'll just kill the persons who could help Tommen : Pycelle, and maybe Littlefinger. Tommen would be totally alone and lost!

Kevan and Pycelle, same as in the ADWD epilogue.

Tommen has to live until before Dany arrives, unless Aegon shows up out of no where.

This is the answer. The show brought Kevan back and Pycelle is now giving the lip to Cersei. There's no need to change that.

It's been theorized that Trystane is taking the role of Aegon, being the Dornish masterplan. With Quentyn gone, I can see this happening, Doran has to have an ace up his sleeve anyway.

Ok, i made post before Episode 4 aired, it seems people are not into Tommen too much however. Initially i thought with Margery so popular and Tommen doing alright it would prevent people to support Dany after she lands in Westeros. Now not so sure anymore, but let' s see.

Well Kevan and Pycelle are for sure going down. Kevan because he is the last person who is a head commander for the Lannisters, and is also a very smart guy.

Pycelle just because he knows he is a snake and wants to make Cersei paranoid by the chaos.

Tommen and his sister will both die before Cersei does, we can know that for sure

Tommen's not a bad kid, and could very well turn out alright. The fact that he didn't slaughter the sparrows shows that he's not an asshole like his (presumed)dad or his brother. Sure he's indecisive, but a lot of kids are. If Varys killed him.... wow, that would be shocking and put Varys in a negative light that the show often seems blind to.

Tommen's not a bad kid, and could very well turn out alright. The fact that he didn't slaughter the sparrows shows that he's not an asshole like his (presumed)dad or his brother. Sure he's indecisive, but a lot of kids are. If Varys killed him.... wow, that would be shocking and put Varys in a negative light that the show often seems blind to.

He could of caused a riot if he order an attack. The people in the crowd were calling him a bastard and born in sin. He is not his beither but the action weaken him severly. Still better than starting a riot.

Tommen end could be quite monstrous and best seeing an 18 yo. Actor playing a 12-13 yo. getting it is ok. Tears too be saved for the books.

No. If that was going to happen I don't see why Kevan was reintroduced at the beginning of this season. He's a unnecessary addition to the cast who, if Tommen was going to replace him in the killing by Varys, could be replaced by more capable Tommen as ruler.

After thinking it carefully out, it indeed would not be good idea for Varys. Because if Tommen dies, then Myrcella is a heiress. And if that happens, Doran Martell probably could have second thoughts about "fire and blood" alliance (if there is such in the show, but i believe there is).

On the other hand, Varys killing Tommen would be more effective on TV than Varys killing Kevan.

Archived