unGregor wordplay

AzorImHigh

The night is dark and full of terror(s)

The knight is dark and full of terror(s)

I know, the rope I am clinging to here cannot support my body weight, but since its eating at me like its important, I felt I'd subject myself to you fine folk ripping this apart...

There are obvious similarities between Robert Strong and Lady Stoneheart, except the crucial bit about necromancy vs Red-God-Resurrection. My idea here was that Robert Strong is (part of) the key to understanding the link between magic, whitewalkers, and the red god (anything to do with this second life/undead topic). I don't necessarily believe Stoneheart is the result of some deity intervening in mortal affairs, but something else yet to be explained. As GRRM said, religion really is a matter of opinion in westeros, and if I remember correctly he even went as far as to say that religion really doesn't matter beyond adding realistic depth. If that is to be taken at face value, it insinuates that there is something else at work.

Any suggestions as to what that something else may be?

I don't see a link between UnGregor and the resurrected dead. The Mountain was wounded, slowly dying and reportedly did die with his skull being sent to Dorn. If Robert Strong turns out to be UnGregor and assuming UnGregor still has a skull under his helm then the Mountain would have never died. No death means no resurrection.

i think youre reaching a little bit with the whole 'the knight is dark...' part but after that, its an interesting concept. there is definitely more at play here than religion (i hope). if we do learn more about how gregor became robert strong then, yes, that might play a large role in understanding some of these plot arcs. on the surface, it does seem like r'hllor is the only 'god' doing anything though lol.

Archived