Shireen, Stannis' end?

First off, This is my first post on here!😀 abd I'm using my phone so I apologize for poor grammar. Also, i have read some amazingly well thought out, well written and well supported theories on here, this isn't one of them .. Just an idea I had that I've never read on here, or could find before.

So, I want to put it out there that ever since the Show creators confirmed that the Show will contain book spoilers, whenever I watch big changes I immediately start wondering if it affects future story lines in the book.

But after the S5e4 scene w Stannis and Shireen (which, I Loved!) I've been thinking that she may be Stannis' end. Like j when they're about to sacrifice her for her king's blood(Mel made a point of mentioning that in the last episode) Stannis will sacrifice himself for Shireen or get himself killed trying to kill Mel for it. And maybe Mel knows it's coming and she's counting on Stannis dying rather than dealing w him after she starts to obviously back John(if he isn't dead) as AA. Who knows w Mel!

But, I've always been really intrigued by sweet Shireen and the show has made a point to really develop her character so... But that could also be their way of introducing grey scale. Maybe when Mel burns her, something about the burning of grey scale infected flesh will help spread the plague in Westeros, especially since there's no JonCon on the Show (yet).

So there ya go 2 theories in one ;) please lmk what you guys think!

plz don't be harsh, i had to start somewhere...

It's pretty much the prevailing theory that either Shireen or Stannis is going to die this season. Shireen is the one that most people think will die, being sacrificed by her mother and Melisandre because of her "king's blood," et cetera.

I know Selyse is crazy, but I don't think she's that crazy to let her only child be sacrificed to the Lord of Light. Melisandre on the other hand... Yeah, she definitely would.

Keep in mind, talk of the TV Series is generally frowned upon in this forum, so I'll keep my answer strictly about the books....

There is still WAY too much for Stannis to do. There is no way he's dying yet. He's directly involved with at least 3 major plotlines...

- The Azhor Ahai prophecy

- Davos's retrieval of Rickon Stark

- Taking back Winterfell from the Boltons

- He seems to be building a relationship with Jon Snow

Too much going on involving Stannis for him to die yet. He'll either survive the entire series or he'll die in "A Dream of Spring".

Shireen isn't really a big deal in the books really. But I think the whole "sacrifice to the Red God" has been done already, so I don't see Mel doing that to her. Besides, Shireen and Stannis are really the last two major Baratheons left. If Stannis dies, I fully expect Shireen to survive the entire series and she'll be head of the Baratheons going forward.

'Wake a dragon from stone' However much I hate this theory I agree that Shireen will be the 'Stone', due to her greyscale, and will wake Jon Snow, a dragon, from his death at the hands of his brothers of the night's watch. This will be performed by Melisandre when she finally realises that Jon Snow is the result of her prophecies rather than Stannis and therefore that he needs to be revived with the King's blood that Shireen is the last person on the wall to possess.

Keep in mind, talk of the TV Series is generally frowned upon in this forum, so I'll keep my answer strictly about the books....

There is still WAY too much for Stannis to do. There is no way he's dying yet. He's directly involved with at least 3 major plotlines...

Too much going on involving Stannis for him to die yet. He'll either survive the entire series or he'll die in "A Dream of Spring".

Shireen isn't really a big deal in the books really. But I think the whole "sacrifice to the Red God" has been done already, so I don't see Mel doing that to her. Besides, Shireen and Stannis are really the last two major Baratheons left. If Stannis dies, I fully expect Shireen to survive the entire series and she'll be head of the Baratheons going forward.

Of course she will. Just read Theon chapter preview for TWOW,

Stannis order Ser Justin "In Bravoos you may hear that i'm dead. It may even true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless"

Ser Justin hesitated "Your grace, if you are dead --"

"-- You will avenge my death and sat my daughter on the iron throne, or die in the attempt" Stannis replied

So we have no worries about Shireen, even if Mel wanted to sacrifice her, Baratheon loyalist won't let that happened.

But I have weird feeling that Stannis will tragically dead just like Robb.

Because this conversation is almost similar to when Robb said Jon will be his heir as King in the North

Of course she will. Just read Theon chapter preview for TWOW,

Stannis order Ser Justin "In Bravoos you may hear that i'm dead. It may even true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless"

Ser Justin hesitated "Your grace, if you are dead --"

"-- You will avenge my death and sat my daughter on the iron throne, or die in the attempt" Stannis replied

So we have no worries about Shireen, even if Mel wanted to sacrifice her, Baratheon loyalist won't let that happened.

But I have weird feeling that Stannis will tragically dead just like Robb.

Because this conversation is almost similar to when Robb said Jon will be his heir as King in the North

I wouldn't put too much stock in Shireen going to the fires book or show. In the show the (very well done imho) Shireen-Stannis scene may be simply a vehicle to show that Stannis is a sympathetic character who loves his daughter. It will also give emotional vehicle to a Castle Black story line involving a threat to Shireen's life, real or imaginary. With the show plot twists I suspect that Jon will order Sam to take Shireen to Stannis when he fears Mel and/or Sylese may have a sacrifice in mind vice in the book Sam taking Mance's son to Oldtown (and this, along with Jon's ceasaring, will be a season ending cliffhanger). The show will almost certainly have to cut the entire Oldtown via Braavos plot as too little screen time to cover so what to do with Sam? In the book there is simply no reason for Mel to do it. If Mel decides that Jon is AAR then Stannis is no true king so Shireen's blood will have little use to her. Besides, she still has Mance.

I like the idea of Sam taking Shireen to Oldtown instead, since they aren't doing the baby thing. I don't know. Shes much less important in the books, so its hard to say.

They have 2.5 seasons left. I don't see how they cover Sam going to Oldtown, doing something, and then getting back to the Wall with every other major story arc to conclude. I just don't think they have enough screen time. Whatever Sam learns at the Citadel in the books they will probably have him learn from the library at Castle Black.

I'm pretty convinced that Brienne will kill Stannis. Finally an oath she will keep.

then she might get a little bit of hatred because Stannis' daughter living parent is a person , like the meaning of her name(Selyse means blind), is blinded by her faith.

They have 2.5 seasons left. I don't see how they cover Sam going to Oldtown, doing something, and then getting back to the Wall with every other major story arc to conclude. I just don't think they have enough screen time. Whatever Sam learns at the Citadel in the books they will probably have him learn from the library at Castle Black.

Oh I know. I don't think it's actually going to happen, just that it would be cool if it did. I don't know what else they can do with Sam at this point. I'm a little bummed that it seems Sam and Davos won't get their subplots. They are two of my favorites.

Archived