The last civil war in Westeros: A Clash of Queens?

LordParas

First of all, sorry for my poor grammar.

I won't talk about tv show hints here, am just finish reading the chapter preview for TWOW today, so it would be fun to share my opinion.

The Kings fall like flies before long winter is coming. But I see the story is heading to another civil war in westeros before the war against the others.

There's no powerful Kings except Euron and Stannis to start this war, in contrast some probable queens are rising their power. Here is my list

1. Queen Cercei, sat her baby on the iron throne, also has Qyburn and creepy Ser Robert Strong. She still in pole position in the book despite Jaime dejected her

2. Queen Margaery, if she pass the trial the faith will trust her and get another alliance

3. Queen Daenerys, the one who probably start this war and burn KL in to ashes. But her story line will connect to euron, so one king down, one left

4. Princess Shireen, if Stannis fail and die, she will be Queen Shireen. then all the Kings in ACOK finally dead. Shireen will has the largest army and support from iron bank

5. Lady Alayne Stone who wants to be Queen Sansa as soon as possible. She is learning in TWOW preview and soon or after I hope she has army and of course support from the north.

another contenders: Arriane Martel and Asha Greyjoy

I know most of book readers don't like to see another war of the five kings, should straight to the war of ice and fire when Azhor Ahai finally revealed. Just my two cents

Actually Queen Arianne will have the largest Army. Though she won't really be in charge. I don't think a clash of the queens will happen purely because none of them apart from Sansa can become Ladys of a particular province on their own at this point, even Sansa will be married even if you assume she's crowned queen of the north which again I doubt will happen because Rickon will show up.

The Kings will last for a while, but there will be queens. Definitely Daenarys, Cercei, and Margery. Stannis' cause will die with him and Euron will last until Dany arrives in Westeros.

Another I'd add would be Myrcella.

"Gold will be their crowns, and gold will be their shrouds."

Well I hope so, about time some women get more power over men. Yeah that came out too feminist for my liking.

Cersei is the weakest player, so much I'm willing to call her a pawn. Qyburn isn't even her man, probably Doran's. She's placed far too much trust in him, same way she did with Taena. If cersei keeps going like that she'll fall even quicker than anticipated. Plus I don't hold much faith in a women who see's dwarfs and imaginary enemies around her, instead of seeing what's actually going on.

Margaery isn't going to be found innocent. Too perfect a situation for true players such as Varys and Littlefinger to not take advantage over.

The ones who do stand a chance are daenerys (dragons), Sansa (littlefinger) and Shireen. Spoiler if you haven't read theons WOW chapter, but Stannis is buying 20,000 sellswords. Unlike everyone else I don't picture a scenario of him winning that battle. I think he'll die, Shireen will get the sellswords, the iron bank and Rickon as her betrothed for when he comes back from Skagos. Placing her in a very good position. Plus (spoiler yet again) barristan seems to be winning the battle against the slavers. And GRRM has said had said at the beginning of WoW there would be two battles. Seems silly to have those two battles victors from the POV's point of view.

And I doubt Azor Ahai will ever be revealed, we'll be left speculating.

First of all, sorry for my poor grammar.

I won't talk about tv show hints here, am just finish reading the chapter preview for TWOW today, so it would be fun to share my opinion.

The Kings fall like flies before long winter is coming. But I see the story is heading to another civil war in westeros before the war against the others.

There's no powerful Kings except Euron and Stannis to start this war, in contrast some probable queens are rising their power. Here is my list

1. Queen Cercei, sat her baby on the iron throne, also has Qyburn and creepy Ser Robert Strong. She still in pole position in the book despite Jaime dejected her

2. Queen Margaery, if she pass the trial the faith will trust her and get another alliance

3. Queen Daenerys, the one who probably start this war and burn KL in to ashes. But her story line will connect to euron, so one king down, one left

4. Princess Shireen, if Stannis fail and die, she will be Queen Shireen. then all the Kings in ACOK finally dead. Shireen will has the largest army and support from iron bank

5. Lady Alayne Stone who wants to be Queen Sansa as soon as possible. She is learning in TWOW preview and soon or after I hope she has army and of course support from the north.

another contenders: Arriane Martel and Asha Greyjoy

I know most of book readers don't like to see another war of the five kings, should straight to the war of ice and fire when Azhor Ahai finally revealed. Just my two cents

Myrcella, too.

I think the boys are in a stronger position than the girls:

Cersei will go down in KL, and Jaime and/or Tyrion will take over CR.

Margaery might not survive her trial. If she does, Tommen is doomed. Odds of another marriage could be low. Meanwhile, she has two brothers who outrank her as Tyrell heirs.

Shireen is going to either die of greyscale, or get sacrificed. I don't believe Stannis is long for this world, either, but Davos might survive.

Myrcella is doomed, like Tommen.

Arianne is only in the game because she's learned to obey her daddy. I don't think Aegon will go far. Arianne might end up ruling Dorne.

Asha: will end up ruling the Ironborn, but that is a backwater.

Sansa might end up ruling the Vale, but that's a long shot. Her uncle will take Riverrun. She's not the heir to Winterfell. Jon (Robb's will), Rickon and Bran are ahead of her.

Mel will be outplayed by the boys--Moqorro and, especially, the High Sparrow.

Dany is the only female who has a shot at the throne.

I don't think there will be a clash of queens. I think Margaery will be found guilty which will cause the Tyrells to rescue her and retreat to Highgarden. This leaves KL and the Lannisters with next to no army. Connington and his men will sack KL and hold it until Dany comes to take it over assuming she ever gets to westeros.

Archived