is bran technically a king?

King17

People swear fealty to a king, and a king swears fealty to no 1 in return. Thats what it means. Do the children think of Bran as their king? Hard to say. Do Jojen and Mera? Seems like it actually, but can 2 people make a king? Not in my book.

How about Lyanna Mormont? How about Lord Manderly? How about Robett Glover?

None of them think of Bran as their king... So what about them?

Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is STARK.

Lyanna Mormont not thinking of Bran as her king?

Manderly and Robett Glover talking about Stannis being Davos' king, not theirs? Who is that mysterious king of theirs?

None of them think of Bran as their king... So what about them?

The question was whether Bran was *technically* king. Which he is - he is the eldest surviving male child of Eddard Stark when Robb dies. Thus, he should by rights become King. In a normal state of affairs, where he was not presumed dead, he most likely would be recognised as King, because the North recognises a Stark King (which was the reason of my posting that quote)

Well, he hasn't formally taken the throne of the North. There's no crown, no subjects outside of Jojen and Meera. At best I'd say he currently retains his title of prince, but really, this is all a matter of super-semantics.

I'd say he's in a similar spot to Viserys. Was Viserys ever king?

-And I always took the Bear Island thing as an act of defiance in the wake of Robb Stark's murder. A way of saying they weren't just going to go turncoat on the memory of the Starks because they had fallen.

Well, he hasn't formally taken the throne of the North. There's no crown, no subjects outside of Jojen and Meera. At best I'd say he currently retains his title of prince, but really, this is all a matter of super-semantics.

I'd say he's in a similar spot to Viserys. Was Viserys ever king?

-And I always took the Bear Island thing as an act of defiance in the wake of Robb Stark's murder. A way of saying they weren't just going to go turncoat on the memory of the Starks because they had fallen.

:agree: The Starks aren't a ruling family (for now) so Bran isn't king (yet).

Archived