Dating 25, It's Not You, It's Me

Kelli Fury

I'm feeling a little crazy because I do not even consciously register differences in eye size. Is this just referring to how much one squints, or actual size of the eye socket/eyeball? Do I have small eyes or big eyes?! *panics*

I have small eyes disproportionate to my humongous chin, but my red hair and abnormally small arms/hands make up for this.

I also have no body, so I've got bigger problems than my tiny eyes.

Heh. My first girlfriend dumped me with "It's not you it's me." That whole thing from beginning to end to angsty teen poetry was about as cliche as it gets.

I've always preferred honesty when it comes to breakups. But I guess it's safer for everyone involved to let 'em down easy with gentle bullshit in most cases. Shame it has to be that way.

farscape handled it honestly:

Damn, I was going to post that.

I'm feeling a little crazy because I do not even consciously register differences in eye size. Is this just referring to how much one squints, or actual size of the eye socket/eyeball? Do I have small eyes or big eyes?! *panics*

I don't think it is a matter of squinting or actual eye size, but a combination of facial features that can make your eyes more prominent and seem bigger. And I agree with the chorus that having bigger eyes is generally attractive.

I also have no body, so I've got bigger problems than my tiny eyes.

If you're just a head floating around, I agree that would cause problems getting dates.

If you're just a head floating around, I agree that would cause problems getting dates.

It's not a problem. On the contrary, as you can see from my profile pic, I ooze charisma and sex appeal.

Whether eyes are small or not is all in proportion to the rest of the face. I'm talking about kind of squinty eyes that are kind of deep-set. It might have something to do with high cheekbones or a heavy brow. It makes you look kind of alternatingly pouty and mean or mysterious and rugged, like the world is just really hard to look at and you're weathered to it, like Clint Eastwood or something. There are a few other actors who are considered dreamy who have small eyes, those Hemsworth brothers, for example, or Joseph Gordon Levitt. Part of it is also the heavy brow, which can at times look sort of neanderthallish which isn't so attractive, but it does lend a certain brutishness which is very masculine, so it's sort of attractive in that way.

I've met you. Your eyes are fine.

The key is proportion. There's no objective single measure of "small eyes" or "big eyes"; it's all in proportion to the rest of the face.

I hear that when a woman says they're fine, it means they're small.

There are plenty of women I want to fuck who actually are amazingly beautiful.

I'm not a man, but yeah this. There are a lot of amazingly beautiful women out there. I blush and swoon if they smile at me!

If by 'we', you mean tiny-eyed liars who lie, then, yeah, 'we' do.

if you liked me you would say my eyes are huge

"We" lie because saying "your penis is fantastic" is way easier than telling someone you like that they have a useless pinky dick.

"We" lie because saying "You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen" works way better than "You're ok, I've seen worse"

What is going on in here? I do NOT approve. Somebody speak forthrightly or I WILL. AND WE DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

I have a hair appointment next weekend. Until then I am forbidden from dealing with the trainwreck on my head. Off to go dancing with a pal if he is still around. If he isn't, I'll find someone to dance with tonight.

I brought home 4 hours of work this weekend. That's it. I'm thinking that burnout / procrastination factor can be limited and my dating life be improved by putting limits on what I'll do over the weekend.

One of my coworkers today said I needed a wife. I'll just take that as progress and not sexism. She asked what I wanted. I told her. I think it's still sexism, but I'll take it. If I show up with a wife, I'll just throw that comment right back at her.

What the hell happened to this thread? This used to be my go to. As in "don't do anything anyone talks about doing in that thread."

Now I'm hearing that I'm genetically screwed by my recessive eyes and perfectly formed member.

Goddamnit.

Back to being charming and interesting I suppose. Stupid thread.

What the hell happened to this thread? This used to be my go to. As in "don't do anything anyone talks about doing in that thread."

Now I'm hearing that I'm genetically screwed by my recessive eyes and perfectly formed member.

Goddamnit.

Back to being charming and interesting I suppose. Stupid thread.

If I could like you, I would.

Archived