Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: To Kill a Mockingbird

Greywolf2375

and to continue...

Even though Mockingbird has been canned, I don't see a huge issue with them being able to adjust the story so that Bobbi either can come back easily or never leaves. Could be interesting also to see what they do with Mack now if he was scheduled to be part of the spin off.

Good to see that Adama got what was coming to him.

Glad the spin-off was cancelled as I think both shows would then fail since both would be diluted. Only thing is I hope Mac comes back rather than continuing the pattern of black agents of SHIELD being booted off AoS.

What did he do that meant he had being murdered coming to him? Apart from embracing luddism and dooming humanity to tens of thousands of years of slowly rediscovering technology, that is.

I have a feeling Mack will turn out to be an Inhuman. I doubt they brought out these other terragin crystals just to kill people with them. Someone's gotta change.

What did he do that meant he had being murdered coming to him? Apart from embracing luddism and dooming humanity to tens of thousands of years of slowly rediscovering technology, that is.

Dude was completely hostile to everyone with powers. It was clear if he didn't get to index everyone he would use violence.

I would've blown SHIELD outta the sky.

Dude was completely hostile to everyone with powers.

If having no regard for other people's rights was justification enough to kill somebody, the entire main cast should have been up against the wall a long time ago. While I'm not saying they shouldn't maybe be in prison, that strikes me as a bit harsh. Adama was clearly offering an olive branch there, but Skye's mom was meeting with him in bad faith to begin with: all she wanted to do was murder him to start a war.

Glad the spin-off was cancelled as I think both shows would then fail since both would be diluted. Only thing is I hope Mac comes back rather than continuing the pattern of black agents of SHIELD being booted off AoS.

Agreed - I could see them doing a filler mini-series sort of thing (similar to Carter) where they focus on her or a small team pre-AoS. While this isn't something I generally really take into account, it would also be nice to have Mack stay on so that the main cast does continue to have the diversity it does.

If having no regard for other people's rights was justification enough to kill somebody, the entire main cast should have been up against the wall a long time ago. While I'm not saying they shouldn't maybe be in prison, that strikes me as a bit harsh. Adama was clearly offering an olive branch there, but Skye's mom was meeting with him in bad faith to begin with: all she wanted to do was murder him to start a war.

If Coulson wasn't there Adama was going to attack. If they refused to be indexed Adama was going to attack.

So you're on the Cap's side. ;)

They switched it last minute to make Adama seem good....it's weird how this show ends up so pro-authority compared to Cap.

If Coulson wasn't there Adama was going to attack. If they refused to be indexed Adama was going to attack.

The fact remains that he was genuinely willing to talk, having had his mind changed by the rest of the ruling council. Jiaying was the one who who went into the meeting with the intention to murder the SHIELD representative.

Of course if SHIELD wasn't acting as if it had any legal authority none of this would be an issue at all. Sadly the show has never been inclined to engage with ethical questions, preferring to try to hide behind very simple black and white conflicts instead.

Pretty decent season finale. I thought the Mockingbird/Hunter stuff was the strongest aspect of it, which makes me sad the spinoff was cancelled. SHIELD seems like it's going to take a decidedly superhuman "Secret Warriors" approach next season, and it makes me feel like Mockingbird is going to get lost in the shuffle. She can lead her own show.

Pretty decent season finale. I thought the Mockingbird/Hunter stuff was the strongest aspect of it, which makes me sad the spinoff was cancelled. SHIELD seems like it's going to take a decidedly superhuman "Secret Warriors" approach next season, and it makes me feel like Mockingbird is going to get lost in the shuffle. She can lead her own show.

It was good stuff, but in the big picture of the episode, it was small stuff. You're right that Mockingbird may get lost in all the big plots that are coming. However, it does look like Ward will be a major villain next season, so I think Bobbie will want some payback for what he tried to do.

But that ending, I am a bit in shock. I also like that Mack is staying, the guy is a quick thinker. I liked the finale, but I couldn't help feel the disconnect with the movies. Considering that SHIELD almost fell, yet again, and Inhumans were involved, it would have made perfect sense for the Avengers, the new Avengers led by Cap, to swoop in and help. Or at least Fury to show up with the helicarrier.

I don't think we should ever hold our breath in regard to Captain America swooping in to do anything on this show. I feel like the show will always be a compliment to the films as opposed to a component -- for better or worse. The occasional appearances by Maria Hill, I think, are the best we can hope for.

It goes back to the old comic book trope...the world is ending in every title, but nobody is ever wondering what the other heroes are doing. Maybe it's because my brain is programmed to never expect it after years of comic exposure, but at no point during this episode did I ever think that the Avengers should be showing up. Would it make sense? Sure. Is it feasible from a logistical standpoint? Not so much.

I will say Marvel needs to stop being so stringy with its characters, though. I hope next season, with the influx of NuHumans, we see more of the 2nd and 3rd tier heroes make appearances. The films are crammed...Marvel should not be apprehensive about holding over too many heroes when they can barely fit the current heroes in movies.

I don't believe Simmons is dead for a second.

Archived