Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: To Kill a Mockingbird

Greywolf2375

Hey, did Fitz (accidentally?) open the glass door to the Kree stone that ate Simmons? I read that in a review. I thought it opened it self, you know magic or whatever. Which seems a lot less stupid than the idea that shortly after Mack declared that they were never gonna open it Fitz clumsily opens it (there's no lock or anything?) and then walks away leaving it open.

Hey, did Fitz (accidentally?) open the glass door to the Kree stone that ate Simmons? I read that in a review. I thought it opened it self, you know magic or whatever. Which seems a lot less stupid than the idea that shortly after Mack declared that they were never gonna open it Fitz clumsily opens it (there's no lock or anything?) and then walks away leaving it open.

yes, when he was fumbling about trying to ask her out/talk about dinner and knocked into it and undid the latch.

Not sure about the latch on the door for the doom-stone, will have to grab a pirate version and watch that scene again. I wasn't exactly scrutinising it at the time.

Also with regards to above comments about Cal, and Skye's fighting abilities - I liked Cal too and hope to see him return at some point, and as others have said in "TV time" Skye has been training more than long enough - it's been well over a season since she started training properly to become a for realsies SHIELD agent. She was shown doing hand to hand training with May a few times, but I do fault the show for letting that kinda thing occur while not dropping enough on screen reminders that this sort of thing was supposed to be continuing in the background off screen, even a few seconds of her walking out of a practice session now and again to intro her scenes in the SHIELD base would have been a big boost.

It's the trademark security that makes SHIELD so uniquely qualified to handle all this dangerous technology. What are the odds that there's also no video feed of the dangerous alien artefact, so nobody will know what happened to Simmons?

It's the trademark security that makes SHIELD so uniquely qualified to handle all this dangerous technology. What are the odds that there's also no video feed of the dangerous alien artefact, so nobody will know what happened to Simmons?

well its bio-electrical output interferes with video, so they couldn't have effective cameras in there - BUT that is why they did have as many guards in there as they did, to observe.

(have no idea, just thinking about how they would try to cover up the gaff on their part)

It is so weird that such a strange artrifact is in a box that can be so easily accidentally sprung open. And Simmons didn't even react and immediately jump to re-securing the door, or Fitz himself saying oh shit, what did I do, I'd better close it up.

Very weak and lame to it to happen that way.

It is so weird that such a strange artrifact is in a box that can be so easily accidentally sprung open. And Simmons didn't even react and immediately jump to re-securing the door, or Fitz himself saying oh shit, what did I do, I'd better close it up.

Completely agree - you'd think something like that would have maybe even a key to make sure it is locked rather than closure that is less secure than a toddler gate at the stairs.

Ok I'm glad it's not just me who feels this way.

I'll say one thing for Arrow, it makes this show look far better in comparison. Felt like a very well paced finale, nothing really rushed. Is it remotely possible that the fish oil will lie dormant (being so diluted an all) till.....oh, I dunno, 2019? Then they could just do an X-Men style "oh people with powers are emerging" without reference to why. I've always found it strange that AoS is dealing with all this with so long to go till the movie. Plus I'm pretty done with it all now, I'm more excited by this new squad of powered people.

I'll say one thing for Arrow, it makes this show look far better in comparison. Felt like a very well paced finale, nothing really rushed. Is it remotely possible that the fish oil will lie dormant (being so diluted an all) till.....oh, I dunno, 2019? Then they could just do an X-Men style "oh people with powers are emerging" without reference to why. I've always found it strange that AoS is dealing with all this with so long to go till the movie. Plus I'm pretty done with it all now, I'm more excited by this new squad of powered people.

I wonder if they will make Deathlock a regular? I have been racking my brain, trying to figure out who else they could pull in for the team. Who is recognizable, but still not too big that they would part of the avengers ... AND not a property of another company? They would also most likely be connected to SHIELD in someway in the books. hmmmmmmm

Also, in "TV time," Skye's been training to be an agent from the start of season one. So, yes, while seeing her get so many awesome fight sequences over other characters on the show -- like, say, Bobbi -- is a little jarring, you could argue she has paid her "TV dues," somewhat, and she is rightfully bested by fighters she should be bested by. May takes her down in the finale, and before that, she was beaten by Agent 33. The absolute worst is when it happens between seasons. So, while I will always prefer more time taken to level up a character, I can give the benefit of the doubt if I can see the seeds planted early -- and there are scenes with her working with Ward back when Ward was on the team.

The thing that irritates me about Skye is that she was already given an advanced skill set as a hacker. So, now you've turned her into an insanely talented hacker, a good hand-to-hand combatant, and a wielder of powers. The "Mary Sue" factor is in full effect with her...she's good at way too many unrelated things.

This. May is May BECAUSE she has a huge talent in hand to hand combat (probably same goes for Bobbi). Regardless of how long Skye has been training, which is nowhere close to as long as the other asskickers on the show, I would not expect her to be anywhere close to their level, but we see her taking out half a dozen armed trained guards at a time.

I'm stuck on vacation and haven't seen the last five minutes if the finale but I've given in and decided to just be spoiled.

It was a pretty good finale with what I've seen.

I'm not getting too deep into the Cal debate because the solution to what was done to him was a play right out of standard comic tropes. Besides, a couple episodes ago, Coulson offered him the potion.

• 1 month later...

Well they're definitely doing Secret Warriors.

http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-season-3-secret-warriors-poster/

“In the aftermath of SHIELD’s battle with Jiaying and the Inhumans, Director Coulson (Clark Gregg) will search the world for more powered people and assemble an extraordinary new team to deal with threats unlike the world has ever seen. However, the Agents of SHIELD will soon find out they’re not the only ones tracking down these new Inhumans.”

Can't wait! In related news, for anyone reading the SHIELD comic, they rather clunkily retconned SkyeDaisy into regular Marvel continuity in the latest issue. I thought Waid managed to navigate the inconsistency of Daisy's prior status as mutant reasonably well, explaining why she was never really a mutant, but an Inhuman. However, the way he tried to shoehorn the Skye nickname into continuity was hilariously awkward. I don't know why Marvel bothered to release this comic, as they're semi-rebooting after Secret Wars, anyway. They could've just as easily introduced the show's Skye into the Marvel U without the awkward retconning.

Can't wait! In related news, for anyone reading the SHIELD comic, they rather clunkily retconned SkyeDaisy into regular Marvel continuity in the latest issue. I thought Waid managed to navigate the inconsistency of Daisy's prior status as mutant reasonably well, explaining why she was never really a mutant, but an Inhuman. However, the way he tried to shoehorn the Skye nickname into continuity was hilariously awkward. I don't know why Marvel bothered to release this comic, as they're semi-rebooting after Secret Wars, anyway. They could've just as easily introduced the show's Skye into the Marvel U without the awkward retconning.

That's because Marvel is still thinking that making everything just like the movies will make people buy the comics, even though it never really worked for superheroes in the last 15 years,

Of course, at the same time, they make Thor a woman, Falcon into Captain America and Steve Rogers into a 90 year old that looks his age, because THAT won't be confusing to new readers, but Skye being called by a name she has been called for in the show many times will.

(And mind you, knowing Mark Waid, even without reading the comic, I'm pretty sure he added the name in a very tongue-in-cheek way due to Marvel's insistence. He knows it's ridiculous as well).

It is interesting how pro-authority (the debate about Cal's fate is an interesting example I think) the show is. Sort of like the opposite of X-Men.

Yeah it disgusted me to the point I stopped watching the show after Adama was the peacemaker and Skye's mom flipped out. Will probably just go into Season 3 without finishing Season 2. If S3 is more of the same I can just dump the show, or possibly watch what I missed if it takes a more balanced approach.

I don't find the show to lean heavily "The Man" at all. If anything, I think the intention last season was to defy expectations. Everyone just knew the Inhumans were going to be the persecuted and benevolent mutant-archetype, complete with the sweet doting mother figure Skye had been searching for. The show built that up and completely shot a hole through it. I enjoyed that.

And, to create diversity, we're going to see -- I'm sure -- anti-"The Man" stuff next season. Let us not forget that Registration is looming and any side Captain America is on will be the "right" side...and he'll be anti-Registration.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived