Sand Snakes casting discussion

robasp2

People have been discussing this all over in various places.

We saw finally saw the introduction scene of the sand snakes in S5E4.

Apart from the extreme overhyping and good looks, their acting sucked. Almost everyone thinks so.

Game of thrones is also known for the awesome actors. What happened with the sand snake casting?

Do you think they were cast correctly?

We just dont have enough to judge their acting chops.

People should really stop complaining about that. The scene was purly edited, cut and written, sure, and that's the very reason why, at this point, there is no way and no material enough at all to judge the actresses talent.

I'm sure that, as the season goes on, we'll get more scenes fleshing them out individually.

I for one, look forward to see where they'll go with Lady Nym. Jessica Henwick said it interviews that she was the most sophisticated and political of her sisters, so that's gotta pay off at some point and, as in she's supposed to do in the books I could see her ending at King's Landing by the end of the season.

I think some are being really unfair to these actresses

The actress playing Tyene Sand was not bad at all and I thought her performance was fine.

I feel like she is only getting hate because people are lumping her in with the other sand snakes and not because of her actual performance.

I think the actress playing Nymeria Sand is also getting unfairly hated because she barely had any lines in last episode and it seems way too early judge her performance.

Now I can understand why they hate the actress playing Obara but even that seemed more like a problem with the script than the actress

Now I can understand why they hate the actress playing Obara but even that seemed more like a problem with the script than the actress

Yeah. Also, the 360ยบ turn of Ellaria's character didn't work and it kinda shows in Indira's acting. Too cheesy and over-the-top in general.

It was a pretty badly written and pointless scene, and the remote setting gave the impression that the Sand Snakes were outlaws living on the run when in the books they were included in court life.

Also, I don't see why they changed Tyene (Oberyn's daughter by a Septa) into Elia (Ellaria's and Oberyn's eldest daughter). If they thought there were too many Sand Snakes, why take the name of one and give it to a completely different character? Did they think that the viewers were too stupid to distinguish between Elia Martell and Elia Sand? Besides, if memory serves me correctly, in season four Oberyn did mention to Cersei that he had a daughter named after his dead sister Elia, so why not keep that in the show?

I'm annoyed they made Tyene Ellaria's daughter too. I'm fine with most changes but I dislike when they mess with the family trees or remove a character from the TV continuity. Even if the character is never referenced or makes an appearance in the show, I still like to think they can exist somewhere in that world.

As for the actresses, I'm fine with them. I don't have enough evidence to judge Nymeria or Tyene (although Nymeria is HOT!). I thought Obara's speech and killing of the captain was poorly written and illogical. That said, I do think Keisha Castle-Hughes has good presence as Obara and I have no issues with her performance. The Dornish accents are fine - to my ears at least.

Another example in yesterdays episode why casting was bad.

All they talked about was training and the stunts looked like 1..2..3..4

Obaras "I am obara" was bad too.

They could have cast some stunt girls. It would have been awesome

Its still a pointless topic, there was no opportunity to judge actresses, two of them did not get any material to work with. KCH got a bad material. If you would cast whoever you think are 3 best actresses in the World, the result would be as bad as it is. Its the writing that is tragically bad.

Its still a pointless topic, there was no opportunity to judge actresses, two of them did not get any material to work with. KCH got a bad material. If you would cast whoever you think are 3 best actresses in the World, the result would be as bad as it is. Its the writing that is tragically bad.

The writing AND the stunts are bad.

I expected some kungfu wushu.. But it wasnt even anywhere close to Oberyn.

Archived