Acrophobia #17: Singular Protagonist Titles - RESULTS IN

Dolorous Gabe

Maybe you should vote for my entry then! :P

But, I guess since Enyo is leaving (we'll miss you!) you'll never be at the bottom and I'll be next to last LOL

damn i should have thought of that....

hey little sis...love ya...come back soon...

ghost this just backs up my philosophy - sometimes you can't lose no matter what you do... ;)

If you want to guarantee a last place finish, cast a vote in round one without submitting an entry and then ignore the game. You'll be guaranteed only one point and at worst a tie for last.

In my opinion, submitting and voting every round and finishing last among the players who played every round is a much more noble goal. But I should warn you, if I think that's what you're doing I might vote for the worst entry just to stop you.

hey Howlin' i am submitting every round, and voting and going to lose fair and square with painfully bad entries...

losing without playing is quitting not losing....hahahahah

:smoking:

Barristan entered the first round but I haven't heard from him since, so it would be very impressive if you managed to finish below him :laugh:

see you can't lose sometimes no matter what you do....

so i guess i will have to set my eyes on the winning prize...now everyone should beware a sniffer on a mission

see you can't lose sometimes no matter what you do....

so i guess i will have to set my eyes on the winning prize...now everyone should beware a sniffer on a mission

I would like to see "a sniffer on a mission"

New deadline is Monday 1st May June at 11pm UK time

One fat extension :pirate:

I hoped the simplicity of my Hound entry would net me more points than that.

I voted for it, but if you really look at it, the logic behind it contradicts itself. I understand that it was only four letters and what you meant to say that a dog becomes like people around him are, but in a pure logical sense a dog not raised by any man becomes ferocious in every case. I would have like if it had gotten more points though :ninja:

first 8 Ditching Nobody – Somebody Matters!

second 6 Dohaeris: Nimbly Serving Mercy (I bet this is the one the host raved about in advance :ninja:)

third 2 Different Names, Same Melancholy

fourth 14 Death Never Soothed Me

Honourablest mention: 12 Death Needily Spoke: 'Mine' (for 'Needily' invoking both 'Greedily' and 'Needle' :ninja:)

I want to change my entry :frown5: I decided I need points.

1st. 13 Deadly Needle, Sister Maverick
2nd. 7 Defending Ned Stark's Murder
3rd. 14 Death Never Soothed Me
4th. 3 Dancing Near Sociopathy's Margin

Lots of great entries, but I was specifically looking for something that sounded like a title of a book or movie or whatever. :)

It'll be relatively late here when I get a chance to do the count up (maybe almost midnight UK time) but I've logged all your votes so far so please let me know if you decide to change them at all.

In the meantime, for those of you who have completed your Jorah entry and are patiently awaiting the next round I might as well give it out so we can get the next round moving. Apologies for this but I'm going one step further and giving you a 2-letter acronym. Titles are often 2 words or even less fewer so I believe it can be done if you take a creative approach and think a little 'outside the box', as they say.

ROUND 6

Your sixth character is CERSEI LANNISTER

Your sixth acronym is FI

ROUND 4 RESULTS

1 Dance Nimbly, Stark Maiden Lord Lyman [1st; JuliaH 2nd; H'H 3rd/4th; Woof, sniffer, Emmit, yomi, TMD ] 1+1+3+2+1+1+1+1+1 = 12

2 Different Names, Same Melancholy Emmit [1st; 2nd; yomi, Bdubz, TMD 3rd/4th; H'H, SNA, SS, JuliaH, shadow, Lyman ] 1+1+2+2+2+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 14

3 Dancing Near Sociopathy's Margin Lady Blizzardborn [1st; sniffer, SNA, yomi, Lyman 2nd; 3rd/4th; FB ] 1+1+3+3+3+3+1+4 = 19

4 Dream Now, Sweet Mercy Stonehearted Snake [1st; Emmit, TMD 2nd; sniffer, JuliaH, ghost 3rd/4th; yomi, Bdubz ] 1+1+3+3+2+2+2+1+1 = 16

5 Dancing's Never Satisfied Me rocksniffer [1st; 2nd; SNA 3rd/4th; Lyman ] 1+1+2+1 = 5

6 Dohaeris: Nimbly Serving Mercy Howlin' Howland [1st; Woof 2nd; shadow 3rd/4th; LadyB, Bdubz ] 1+1+3+2+1+1 = 9

7 Defending Ned Stark's Murder Woofless [1st; 2nd; FB 3rd/4th; SNA ] 1+1+2+1 = 5

8 Ditching Nobody – Somebody Matters! Fragile Bird [1st; LadyB, shadow 2nd; Woof 3rd/4th; Emmit ] 1+1+3+3+2+1 = 11

9 Dreaming: Nymeria, Snow, Mother lil' ghost [1st; 2nd; LadyB 3rd/4th; JuliaH ] 1+1+2+1 = 5

10 Death's New Sidekick Maiden Ser Not Appearing [1st; H'H, SS, ghost 2nd; 3rd/4th; sniffer ] 1+1+3+3+3+1 = 12

11 Devious Noblegirl's Solace: Murder yomi [1st; 2nd; 3rd/4th; H'H ] 1+1+1 = 3

12 Death Needily Spoke: 'Mine' a shadow [1st; 2nd; 3rd/4th; TMD, ghost ] 1+1+1+1 = 4

13 Deadly Needle, Sister Maverick Julia H [1st; FB 2nd; Emmit 3rd/4th; Woof, SS ] 1+1+3+2+1+1 = 9

14 Death Never Soothed Me The Mighty Dragonzzilla [1st; Bdubz 2nd; SS, Lyman 3rd/4th; LadyB, shadow, FB ] 1+1+3+2+2+1+1+1 = 12

15 Death: Now Showing Mercy Bendubz [1st; 2nd; 3rd/4th; ghost ] 1+1+1 = 3

STANDINGS

Woofless 49 + 5 = 54

Emmit 36 + 14 = 50

a shadow 45 + 4 = 49

Howin' Howland 39 + 9 = 48

Lord Lyman 36 + 12 = 48

Lady Blizzardborn 28 + 19 = 47

Ser Not Appearing 32 + 12 = 44

Fragile Bird 32 + 11 = 43

The Mighty Dragonzzilla 29 + 12 = 41

Stonehearted Snake 23 + 16 = 39

Bendubz 33 + 3 = 36

Julia H. 17 + 9 = 26

yomi 17 + 3 = 20

rocksniffer 14 + 5 = 19

lil' ghost 8 + 5 = 13

FacelessAthena/Enyo 7

BarristanTheBeautiful 4

Lady Blizzardborn is the fastest mover of the round, dancing with sociopathic intent into an incredibly clustered chasing pack. A relatively barren round from the players at the top means many players find themselves in stronger challenging positions, with a highly makable 18 points separating 1st from 11th. Emmit's impressively consistent run of solid rounds continues as he jumps from 4th to 2nd but Woofless holds on at the summit. I hate admitting that my occasional arch nemesis a shadow is right but our 3rd placed competitor did correctly identify my favourite of the round. There were many excellent entries, but I'm pretty surprised that Howlin' Howland is not currently leading the pack. I even admitted his was better than mine own!

As usual, please check my tallies for mistakes. I'm tired tonight having driven through very heavy rain and powerful winds to get home very late (and now on my second glass of wine!).

Jorah entries coming soon and I'll also give you a deadline for the Cersei submissions.

A final apology to Bendubz, whose entry I forgot to post initially.

ROUND 5

So, which of these are the four best titles for a novel, movie, play, musical or biography about Jorah Mormont

1 The Son's Sin

2 The Solitary Sinner

3 Trading Slaves Sucks

4 The Silent Spy

5 The Slaver's Sins

6 Torrid, Steamy Sellswording

7 The Scorned Sentiment

8 To Survive Sedition

9 The Slaver Slaved

10 The Slave Soldier

11 The Stained Sellsword

12 This Slaver's Story

13 Trading Secrets (Stupidly)

14 Tattletale's Sweet Sacrifice ...

Four votes I will again allow. Good luck everyone and happy voting.

The deadline for voting is Thursday 4th June at 11pm UK time.

1 The Son's Sin

2 The Solitary Sinner

3 Trading Slaves Sucks

4 The Silent Spy

5 The Slaver's Sins

6 Torrid, Steamy Sellswording

7 The Scorned Sentiment

8 To Survive Sedition

9 The Slaver Slaved

10 The Slave Soldier

11 The Stained Sellsword

12 This Slaver's Story

13 Trading Secrets (Stupidly)

14 Tattletale's Sweet Sacrifice ...

Probably the weakest set of entries that I've seen while playing the game, my own entry included. I suspect that's a product of very easy letters with a very complicated character, If the game wasn't as close as it is I probably wouldn't vote this round; I don't think any of us deserves it.

Archived