Acrophobia #17: Singular Protagonist Titles - RESULTS IN

Dolorous Gabe

First: 1. The Only Monster Smiling (This is Tyrion having come to terms; I can even picture the cover/poster being a body shot of Tyrion, cut just below the nose to show a grin and the lion of Lannister emblazoned on his chest)
Second: 3. The Other Man's Son
Third: 13. The Oft Mistaken Son
Fourth: 4. The Oppressive Misadventures Saga (Reminded me of this quirky show called The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)

1. 5. Tyrion – One Monster's Story

Easily my fav. The simplicity makes it wonderful. I wonder who the author is?

2. 15. Tantrum On, Maladjusted Sister

Clever and a dig at big sis? Winner!

3. 1. The Only Monster Smiling

Another monster reference... I promise I like Tyrion.

4. 3. The Other Man's Son

I don't hold to the "Tyrion is a secret Targ" theory, but dang this is good.

Picking the top 4 was very difficult... I had 8 I wanted to keep.

First: The Only Monster Smiling (This is Tyrion having come to terms; I can even picture the cover/poster being a body shot of Tyrion, cut just below the nose to show a grin and the lion of Lannister emblazoned on his chest)

Second: The Other Man's Son

Third: The Oft Mistaken Son

Fourth: The Oppressive Misadventures Saga (Reminded me of this quirky show called The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)

TMD, as someone who has hosted several game, could you please add the number of each of your selections after first, second, third and fourth? Trust me, it is such a PITA to have to look up the numbers when you are doing the vote count, especially with 17 people playing. :)

TMD, as someone who has hosted several game, could you please add the number of each of your selections after first, second, third and fourth? Trust me, it is such a PITA to have to look up the numbers when you are doing the vote count, especially with 17 people playing. :)

I will have second the Bird. When tallying votes, the numbers are more important than the entries themselves... but I prefer both.

1) 6. Tale Of Mighty Shadows (One of my first drafts ended with Mighty Shadow and DG warned me someone else had a draft with the same ending. Your version is better than mine was).

2) 16. Troubles, On Misty Sorrows

3) 5. Tyrion – One Monster's Story

4) 12. To Outwit My Star

first - # 8. Treachery Operates My Shaft

second - # 9. The Oompaloompa's Medieval Story

third - # 3. The Other Man's Son

fourth - # 15. Tantrum On, Maladjusted Sister

lots of good stuff here...but had to stick with gut...shafts rule!

Done.

These similar avatars make it confusing too :laugh:

I presume TTTNE is responsible? I often look at the av. first. I can manage that though (up until Cora changes her av. and board name again :P ).

I presume TTTNE is responsible? I often look at the av. first. I can manage that though (up until Cora changes her av. and board name again :P ).

almost but no cigar, Gabe, my friend...it is pictionary that triggered the mass hulking out of our avis

we all have slight differences...mine for example is smoking and has bloodshot eyes...

go figure

:smoking:

:whip:

Lol

:blush:

I've been good! I've had this name since January! Its funny though, the last week I've been considering a change :lol:

1. 6. Tale Of Mighty Shadows I'd read that, regardless of subject.

2. 10. The Obliquitous Misshapen Sibling You had me at obliquitous!

3. 13. The Oft Mistaken Son Great title overall.

4. 5. Tyrion – One Monster's Story Excellent for a biography.

Awesome entries all around. HMs to 3,12,16, and 17.

#1 5. Tyrion – One Monster's Story

#2 1. The Only Monster Smiling

#3 8. Treachery Operates My Shaft (would attract some audience, anyway)

#4 3. The Other Man's Son

PS 4. The Oppressive Misadventures Saga (accurate but would turn them away from the marquee in drives I think) and of course sometimes its him being someone else's misadventure so nicely ambiguous. Could describe the whole series really.

Hi, everyone! :)

My votes:

1st 5. Tyrion – One Monster's Story

2nd 3. The Other Man's Son

3rd 13. The Oft Mistaken Son

4th 10. The Obliquitous Misshapen Sibling

Could there sometime be a fast game of acrophobia, where all seven acronyms are handed out immediately and everyone has an hour, a day or a few days to come up with all of them, and the voting is done all at once? :ninja:

LOL, an hour? With posters living in totally different time zones? :stunned: Even a day sounds unrealistic unless you want to seriously limit the number of players.

LOL, an hour? With posters living in totally different time zones? :stunned: Even a day sounds unrealistic unless you want to seriously limit the number of players.

It is not impossible to find the hour, if people want to play. I'd like an hour, because it is more difficult and so more interesting. But other lengths were suggested as well :dunno: It is the principle that matters.

Archived