NHL 2015-16 - Because we still don't need a new thread!

Jabronius Maximus

World Championship and Hawks v Ducks at the same time?!?! My flashback button is about to get abused.

ETA: Crosby to Giroux for the 5th Canadian goal. Won't see those two celebrate together very much. Pretty cool to see.

Yeah that was a very strange sight, with Crosby and Giroux. It was great to see Canada finish off a dominant showing at the tourney.

And I was surprised to see the Ducks hang with the Hawks today. Despite some early turnovers, the Ducks improved on the way to a win. This might actually be a good series. The biggest surprise is how good Freddie Andersen actually is. He is certainly silencing his doubters right now.

Yeah that was a very strange sight, with Crosby and Giroux. It was great to see Canada finish off a dominant showing at the tourney.

And I was surprised to see the Ducks hang with the Hawks today. Despite some early turnovers, the Ducks improved on the way to a win. This might actually be a good series. The biggest surprise is how good Freddie Andersen actually is. He is certainly silencing his doubters right now.

I can see this series going 7 after this first game. Had Hawks in 6, but Anaheim could be for real. I don't know if I can watch another 2-1 Rangers game.

ETA regarding the Canadian team: It was nice seeing those young Avalanche players getting some reps. They all had a big slump this season after a promising performance last year. Hope they can get back to the playoffs next year.

I can see this series going 7 after this first game. Had Hawks in 6, but Anaheim could be for real. I don't know if I can watch another 2-1 Rangers game.

Well I mean Andersen was a brick wall yesterday, and denied a couple chances that normally would be sure goals. Andersen's not always a brick wall (he's been stellar in the playoffs though), so if the Ducks want to make a series of it, they'll have to play better than they did in game 1. Chicago's too good not to capitalize on those turnovers if they keep happening.

Todd Mclellan is in as head coach for the Oilers - an announcement is expected on Tuesday. My goodness, winning this Mcdavid lottery really changed everything. In comes some competent management, and now coaching. Obviously the most important component, the on-ice product, still has to be improved. But that's more likely than ever, now that the Old Boys Club has been moved out. I haven't been this excited about the team since the 2006 Cup run. Hopefully Chia is up to the task.

That's good news for you, Jabronius. Congrats, man. :cheers:

Thanks dude :cheers:

To be honest, I'm just happy the Old Boys Club is out and the Oilers are actually trying to run things like a professional sports franchise should. It's kinda sad it took a miracle lottery win to make that change, but I'll take it.

And man, Tyler Johnson is freaking awesome. He's a 5'9 undrafted centre, and might be the early front runner for the Conn Smythe. This is in his 2nd season.

Edit: TyJo with the hat trick! What a player.

Edit 2: Speaking of coaching changes, Babcock will announce his decision on Wednesday. And Philly has hired Dave Hakstol...Haxtol...Hextoll...Hextall :lol:. I'm sure Ron Hextall saw more in this guy than just the similar name, but I thought it was kind of funny.

Didn't get to watch the game, but I'm very pleased with the outcome. :D

What the hell happened in the last 10 minutes? Last time I checked it was 3-2. Looks like the Rangers completely imploded at the end.

Tyler Johnson has to be the frontrunner for the Conn Smythe at this point. Especially if Lundqvist has many more games like this one.

Well it was very much like every Tampa game 2 so far in the playoffs. The Rags did try pouring it on, but Tampa scored on a couple critical plays to put it away. Tampa scored 3 power play goals (basically 4, because one came like a second after the PP expired).

Interesting note: Tampa's three game 2 wins this post season - 5-1 vs Detroit, 6-2 vs Montreal and then tonight.

I hear the Leafs might sign former Bolts coach Guy Boucher.

That guy looked very much like a Bond villain. And he'd be working for an evil corporation...

I think that'd be a pretty good move by the Leafs. He infamously played that 1-3-1 trap in Tampa, but from what I heard that was necessitated by a lack of puck moving defensemen. Other than that, he's been doing good work in Switzerland for SC Bern.

And this is a great back and forth game between the Ducks and Hawks. But I don't see a way Chicago doesn't come out with a win here; they've had several gold star chances and eventually they'll cash in. Plus I picked them to win in 5, and I'm never wrong...

Lol...in all my years of watching hockey, I have never seen a player do a header. Wrong sport Shaw.

Glad it didn't count, Anderson has played to well to lose like that.

This is the best game I've seen all playoffs.

So Kruger scores in 3OT in the longest game on Blackhawks history. Fantastic game. Have to feel bad for Anderson though. This is looking like it will be a hell of a series.

...and there we go. I don't see Anaheim winning a game in Chicago, so this one is probably going 5!

Idk, I think the Ducks are for real. They hit at least 3 or 4 posts in OT. I really thought they were going to pull this one out. Anderson is playing like a world class goaltender too.

The 'Babwatch' ended, and Mike has signed with the Leafs. 8 years, 50 mil which comes to 6.25 per year. Word is the deal is front loaded, meaning he could make as much as 8 million in the first couple of years.

The 8 years gives me hope the rebuild is still plannEd, the front-loaded 50 not so much.

Archived