Mad Max- Fury Road

AndyBaelish

Yeah i get the impression it's not mel gibson's max character.

It's the same character -Max Rockatansky.

Why does it have to equal it

It would have to be unbelievably great to be as good as The Road Warrior. But as it's the original director with a massive budget, I'd like it to be the best Max movie ever made.

Regarding Mel Gibson's Max and Tom Hardy's Max- it seems to be a new version, and it's unclear if the original films are canon for the new one. Fury Road may not reference Max's dead wife and son, his dead dog, or any events from the original trilogy. The director sees him as a reboot.

Personally I hope it’s a success but it probably will not be as massive because it isn’t the type of film you can bring children to. I also don’t know why anyone wastes money/time transferring films to 3D I will pay for any crappy film if I like the concept and I have never felt even remotely inclined to watch a film in 3D

I had no idea that the director of the Mad Max films had also directed Happy Feet but then again that’s what probably gave him the pull to bring Fury Road back and we can cross any film off the development hell wait list.

Regarding Mel Gibson's Max and Tom Hardy's Max- it seems to be a new version, and it's unclear if the original films are canon for the new one. Fury Road may not reference Max's dead wife and son, his dead dog, or any events from the original trilogy. The director sees him as a reboot.

Reboot? No, he's on record as saying that all the films are canon but thinks of them as myths/legends. Like, king Arthur stories all feature some broad stroke similarities but differ on how Gawain is involved, or the era, etc. Max is the apocalyptic King Arthur and we're watching an adaptation of some of his myths. Fury road is, iirc supposed to be the latest in the vague continuity but I'm not sure.

Reboot? No, he's on record as saying that all the films are canon but thinks of them as myths/legends. Like, king Arthur stories all feature some broad stroke similarities but differ on how Gawain is involved, or the era, etc. Max is the apocalyptic King Arthur and we're watching an adaptation of some of his myths. Fury road is, iirc supposed to be the latest in the vague continuity but I'm not sure.

This makes sense, both the Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome ended with Max becoming a legend to three different tribes, maybe even four: The feral kid's tribe in the Road Warrior, the kids who stayed in the Canyon in Thunderdome, the group that flew way at the end and even Auntie Tina's group in Bartertown remembering the Raggedy Man who defeated MasterBlaster and stole the electricity from Bartertown. So Fury Road is just another of the Mad Max legends that came into being following the Pocalypse.

I'm sure I remember reading that there's a mention of the kids from Thunderdome in this one, though I don't remember where. Although, even assuming that's accurate, it could just be an easter egg for the really observant and nothing more.

I'm sure I remember reading that there's a mention of the kids from Thunderdome in this one, though I don't remember where. Although, even assuming that's accurate, it could just be an easter egg for the really observant and nothing more.

There appear to be a bunch of dudes in FR that look a lot like the Scrooloos kid from BT with the shaved head, white paint/black eyeshadow, so there may be some back story somehow. Also, he may even make an actual appearance.

the community is livid at the female characters who've disrupted their typical moviegoing experiences by being onscreen and having a story told about them.

:lol:

Be warned, guys. There are females in this movie who are allowed to speak.

Worse, they have the temerity to try escaping from their rightful place in a teenwank fantasy sexual slavery in a dystopian future. Buncha feminists, I tellz ya! :ack:

I also don’t know why anyone wastes money/time transferring films to 3D I will pay for any crappy film if I like the concept and I have never felt even remotely inclined to watch a film in 3D

Gravity was a film with fantastic visual effects and I'm happy that I watched it in 3D. Even though several reviews has praised this film as having great visual effects and cinematography, I'm not going to watch it in 3D.

I think 3D, with a few exceptions, is highly overrated. I don't waste my time with it.

The Men's Rights Activitists apoplexy over this film is just so ridiculously over the top that it's almost worth their ire to see them blowvate with such vigor over something so petty.

Archived