TTTNE 454 - The Incredible Sulk

Tellus Explorer

Had a great day at school, great kids, no troubles.

Came home to disappointment that has me fighting back tears.

most likely TMI

We were turned down for our refinance. While I knew it would be close because of our income level (and mine fluctuating) I was rather hopeful)

And I know this is not how it works, but the emotional side (which has been ruling lately) can't stop thinking like this: ok, you have never been late on your payments, and this would lower your payments by $700, seems reasonable. and the denial goes like this: you can't afford the payments of the refi, so keep paying $700 more than that each month.

logical side, who totally understands how it works is no where to be found at the moment.

we will likely have to put the house up for sale this summer.

I am totally crushed.

most likely TMI

We were turned down for our refinance. While I knew it would be close because of our income level (and mine fluctuating) I was rather hopeful)

And I know this is not how it works, but the emotional side (which has been ruling lately) can't stop thinking like this: ok, you have never been late on your payments, and this would lower your payments by $700, seems reasonable. and the denial goes like this: you can't afford the payments of the refi, so keep paying $700 more than that each month.

logical side, who totally understands how it works is no where to be found at the moment.

I am totally crushed.

Lany: :kiss:

I'm so sorry for that. =o(

<hugs you>

Buckie yes I now have three again

Lany :grouphug:

Rhae :grouphug:

And everyone else :grouphug:

King have you gotten my Skype? Its acting really funny and I've been told my messages are getting to people DAYS after I sent them

Enjoy your summer everyone

Nighters and catch you all later :love: take care of yourselves!

most likely TMI

I am totally crushed.

I´m so sorry Lany! I´m sending you a big big hug: :grouphug:

greetings spamlanders

neumond, helena happy to see that d&d are giving you something (else) to laugh at... :lmao:

but i must add...

i was over the moon that they met...the book left me pissed off that he was so close and no cigar...

but i must also add...with a twist

sniffer, why did you just mix kahlua, vodka, and sweet tea?

creatively , it made sense to me because i wanted to get blasted... ;)

:rofl:

At least something good came out of this years season. We have the perfect excuse for everything. :commie:

I'm in Richmond for the day, yay! We are visitng a friend who has a holiday cottage there

Pooch is prepped for a nice long walk. He will love it here with all the fields and trees.

Sounds lovely, Helena. :kiss:

Have a great day! =o)

Lany, really sorry to hear that :( hope it works out some way in the end. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

LadyO, no, no. If I get a bad grade the only person I'm allowed to want to beat is myself. I wasn't mad because of the grade. What upset me was that all semester he preached about the values of the subject and the field, about how it's about partnership and fair play and honest open communication and being considerate of the other party, and now in practice that consideration and fair play and partnership means that they don't correct the tests on time and only offer two exam dates instead of the compulsory three. As a result I learn that I have to retake an exam 24 hours before the next exam date which makes studying and organizing my life rather difficult. Obviously failing the first one is my responsibility, but meeting the deadline of correcting a test and offering the compulsory amount of exam dates are his. Surely he's the teacher and there'll be no consequences if he doesn't stand his side of the bargain but then why preach about those values in the first place? If he doesn't follow them in his actions it's more fair and considerate to say Nope, this ain't no partnership, I'm the teacher you lot the students, you deal with it. I didn't mean for this to be such a lengthy description.

Buckie yes I now have three again

Lany :grouphug:

Rhae :grouphug:

And everyone else :grouphug:

King have you gotten my Skype? Its acting really funny and I've been told my messages are getting to people DAYS after I sent them

Enjoy your summer everyone

Nighters and catch you all later :love: take care of yourselves!

Are you going somewhere? You aren't taking off for the summer right?

Rhae- I don't know that I've ever experienced a professor preaching fairness/equality among faculty and students. I have dealt with profs not grading stuff on time (which would piss me off) but when that occurred they usually gave us more time at the end of the semester. So a paper's due date would be extended long enough for us to study our errors concerning the paper that was returned late. This was especially the case if it were exams and the final exam was comprehensive. If that makes any sense?

But only offering 2 dates instead of a mandatory 3 seems wrong. I can see why you would be upset, I would be as well. It's quite a bit hypocritical of the teacher to not practice what they preach.

Yeah it makes sense, we have the same issue with papers as well, and in those cases the teachers are usually flexible. The exam dates are preset though so they can't move them the way they can move paper deadlines during the semester. That's why we have regulations for the exam period. That is, tests gotta be corrected and results uploaded in three working days so that people can plan ahead and reschedule their exams if necessary. Especially that the online platform to sing up for or off an exam closes 24 hours before the exam.

It's pretty popular with some faculties to advocate equality and collegial relationship between faculty and students. Only, it doesn't usually translate to practice and thus there's a lot of controversy around the question.

:grouphug: for those in need.

http://uproxx.com/music/2015/05/single-ladies-set-to-the-ducktales-theme-song-is-the-best-thing-on-the-internet-right-now/For those in need of cheering up. It's tickled me.

And I believe a good luck for tomorrow is in order for our Queen?

Because we mentioned Adara:

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/tywin-dance-got.gif?w=650Tywina

http://twitchfilm.com/assets/2012/01/BeanAccused.jpgLyanna

Pooch is sleeping. We had a lovely day and he enjoyed being in the countryside. Of course, he had to jump in the river :rolleyes: but he is worn out now

Hey folks! Just dropping by.

Lany, that is terrible news. I am so sorry. But you are probably the strongest person I know and whatever happens you will go on having a great creative future :grouphug:

First, pm me anytime if you want to vent or talk. I am not far away :)

I miss Adara too, thanks for the update L_T!

Best of luck, Rhae!

thank you all so much for the support and hugs. I guess we'll get it figured out when I am off in 2 weeks. I love you guys :grouphug: I do feel better today.

I need to tell the realtor to tell the husband that we absolutely have to change the carpets in order to sell. while I understand the sentiment of not wanting to put money into a house we are leaving, I would rather invest the money instead of lose everything if we don't sell it. He just can't seem to see this big picture. spending $3000, would help us sell, not spending it may cause us to end up in foreclosure. but that is an argument for another day

thank you all so much for the support and hugs. I guess we'll get it figured out when I am off in 2 weeks. I love you guys :grouphug: I do feel better today.

I need to tell the realtor to tell the husband that we absolutely have to change the carpets in order to sell. while I understand the sentiment of not wanting to put money into a house we are leaving, I would rather invest the money instead of lose everything if we don't sell it. He just can't seem to see this big picture. spending $3000, would help us sell, not spending it may cause us to end up in foreclosure. but that is an argument for another day

All of the hard work you put into the yard/garden and fixing up the basement will really help.

Are you able to meet with a different financial institution for a second shot at a refi? There might be special opportunities for veterans. Maybe you can use that to your advantage?

I found this

http://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/1506

How is subbing going? I'm going on a field trip tomorrow to watch over the diabetic student. Little nervous about being around 100 4th graders :uhoh:

Good luck Lany, I really hope you get something sorted :grouphug: I know how much time you have put into your home and garden, so I can only imagine what you are going through. You have my sympathy :grouphug:

All of the hard work you put into the yard/garden and fixing up the basement will really help.

Are you able to meet with a different financial institution for a second shot at a refi? There might be special opportunities for veterans. Maybe you can use that to your advantage?

I found thishttp://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/1506

How is subbing going? I'm going on a field trip tomorrow to watch over the diabetic student. Little nervous about being around 100 4th graders :uhoh:

100 4th graders...sounds...stressful :D

How are you LadyO? Taking time for yourself, I hope? :whip: :whip: :whip:

Archived