Football XXXIX: The Magic of M-S-N

Consigliere

Humiliation for 'Pool. Our team gave up on the season after we lost to United. Rodgers has looked clueless for long periods of this season.

Nice to see Jonas score. I think the highlight of Liverpool's season was the ovation we gave him.

Rodgers seems resigned to the fact that he might be leaving. It's weird, considering last season and all.

Edit: And by weird, I mean that I couldn't have foreseen the situation he is in right now at the end of last season.

Not sure any coach could have done much with that Liverpool team.

Nah. That Liverpool team is largely his creation in any case (well, him and the fabled committee), and past that, apart from one period where changing to a back 3 worked for a while till teams cottoned on, he hasn't shown much ability to adapt to circumstances and even if you accept that sometimes he needed to play people out of position, his choices of who and where that should be were often just wrong. For example constantly playing Can in defence when the midfield was regularly getting overrun - Can was clearly uncomfortable in defence anyway and whoever else might have gone there would have benefited greatly from the protection of Can in front of him.

Haha, Lineker's just gone in studs up on Shearer on MotD. 'Carver's kept Newcastle up, tell us what that must feel like... actually wait, you've got no idea'.

Carver had almost nothing to do with it.

When I return home i will order my new sgirt that reads JONAS HERO 18 on the back.

Assuming you mean Bradley Johnson; why not?

He hasn't done so in this game, but he put in some pretty awful tackles against us.

( I'm not saying it's a particularly good reason)

Archived