NBA Playoffs 2015: No headband edition

Ramsay B.

Wall is looking good!

After RG3, this whole thing is terrifying. Just keep saying to myself that it's his off-hand.

He was injured earlier in the series. As is his want, Jack Bauer proclaimed him to be out of the playoffs. So we took it one step further and killed him.

He's now like the NBA Thread's Kenny.

Man this Wizards team is just smothering Atlanta. If they can hold on, and if the Caps can come through, it'll be a great night for DC sports.

Nats even hit a Grand Slam in the 9th to come back against the DBacks. There's been great synergy between the 3 teams in the last couple weeks. Crossing my fingers it can continue.

Yeah, heckuva way to fall there. Wall may have gotten a piece of that original shot. I couldn't tell which Wizard had his hands on the ball, but they had that rebound in hand before Horford swooped in and stole the ball and the game.

Wow...I, uh...

Edit: but seriously, how many chances does he need to put his stamp on the team? I remember reading this earlier too, but I must've blacked out from rage. God damnit Masai. You're about to hand this guy his 3rd group of assistants in like the last 4 years.

Yeah I was hoping Masai's arrival would signal some serious change, but it appears they're just reverting to the typical Toronto sports team they always were.

He was going to...he decided on a rebuild, and I was hoping we finally had a competent guy committed to the long-term instead of a series of quick fixes. Then the Lowry trade fell through, the team went on a hot streak and his commitment to the long-term was shown as pretty thin, and he somehow decided to run with the team he'd already decided wasn't good enough for a couple years. Ugh.

He was going to...he decided on a rebuild, and I was hoping we finally had a competent guy committed to the long-term instead of a series of quick fixes. Then the Lowry trade fell through, the team went on a hot streak and his commitment to the long-term was shown as pretty thin, and he somehow decided to run with the team he'd already decided wasn't good enough for a couple years. Ugh.

I can't help but think of how similar this sounds to Colangelo's run a few years back.

Trouble is, now if Masai actually wants to rebuild (he doesn't, as shown by this recent move), then he probably won't be afforded the time to do so thanks to high expectations from the hot streak. This has the potential to become very ugly pretty soon, especially if that hot streak for about a season and a half remains exactly that.

My heart was so crushed by the Atlanta win. I have nothing against The Hawks and don't have any special love for Washington, but I love Pierce so much, and that shot standing as the result would have been so amazing. Actually, I don't remember when I was this upset about a sports result.

My heart was so crushed by the Atlanta win. I have nothing against The Hawks and don't have any special love for Washington, but I love Pierce so much, and that shot standing as the result would have been so amazing. Actually, I don't remember when I was this upset about a sports result.

I can still name a wound more raw...

I think Jack Bauer proclaimed Beal was out for the playoffs mere moments after that ankle scare in game 1 (or 2?). Anyway, Beal came back in that same game. Mr Bauer's post history often has these types of proclamations.

:cheers:

Yeah, heckuva way to fall there. Wall may have gotten a piece of that original shot. I couldn't tell which Wizard had his hands on the ball, but they had that rebound in hand before Horford swooped in and stole the ball and the game.

I was surprised Hawks went to Schroder for their final shot and Wall definitely blocked it too. Horford showed Nene who the alpha was, Nene rubs me the wrong way so I was happy about it.

Archived