The Flash - Stupidest man alive

Red Tiger

I think the network messed around with the scheduling of the show relatively late in the season. The writers planned it so that both shows' finales would air in the same week. I am, however, currently disinclined to check the last few Arrow episodes to see if that makes the timeline, uh, line up.

I truly love this show, but i really need to turn my brain off for me to enjoy it. I hope the writers do a better job in season 2 to have a more....consistent power/intelligence level for Barry.

This is what frustrates me. This show, for the most part, can be so enjoyable and entertaining. It's those really dumb parts that just keep adding up and eventually make it hard to ignore. Like the prison. Or Barry constantly losing to a human with a shiny gun when he can beat everyone and everything else, including bullets and Reverse Flash.

I think the network messed around with the scheduling of the show relatively late in the season. The writers planned it so that both shows' finales would air in the same week. I am, however, currently disinclined to check the last few Arrow episodes to see if that makes the timeline, uh, line up.

The timeline doesn't work at all. Apart from that, don't waste your time watching the last few episodes of Arrow. It's epically bad.

The timeline doesn't work at all. Apart from that, don't waste your time watching the last few episodes of Arrow. It's epically bad.

Oh, I've watched it. I'm just not going back to it to see if it makes slightly more sense with that in mind. Because, even if it worked, obviously that wouldn't stop all the other stupid things from being stupid.

This is what frustrates me. This show, for the most part, can be so enjoyable and entertaining. It's those really dumb parts that just keep adding up and eventually make it hard to ignore. Like the prison. Or Barry constantly losing to a human with a shiny gun when he can beat everyone and everything else, including bullets and Reverse Flash.

Worst part? It's stuff easily fixable. The prison? A short conversation on the government opening meta-prisons after the first criminal was caught, would cover the prison part.

As for Captain Cold, i wouldn't even mind if he beats flash, if it was due to his intelligence and not the Flash being a dumbass at times. lol Again, easily fixable.

I will still watch every episode and wait impatiently for next season, but the minor annoyances are really adding up.

Oh, I've watched it. I'm just not going back to it to see if it makes slightly more sense with that in mind. Because, even if it worked, obviously that wouldn't stop all the other stupid things from being stupid.

I can think of a really long list of things to do before rewatching the last few episodes of Arrow in the hope it improves. Although part of me felt like watching the previous episode to see if

Malcolm actually did make hand to body contact with all of the characters

. If it was breaking bad, I'd take it as truth but with Arrow I'd be seriously surprised.

Barry goes back to being smart when he's doing his day job, which they haven't shown in quite a while. Also, Cap Cold is so awesome because Geoff Johns, who's part of the tv writing team, last time I checked, just loves Captain Cold to the point where he's now a useful member of the Justice League - a comic being written by the aforementioned Geoff Johns.

i like the new subtitle of stupidest man alive because it makes me feel better about myself. and now for today's question: if the Reverse Flash is also fast..... how is that the reverse? (no comics background + only about 50 minutes total show viewing time)

Color schematics...

This show is such a guilty pleasure. Full of the stupid things, but it makes you laugh from time to time... And for this show, it is kinda enough. Arrow can't even do that.

I still love it. It's a comic book. Yes there are tics and bumps. Sharing the characters is novel in television. For the most part it is done well. Right now it is the age old problem where the two stories are coming out to the public at the same time but the stories being told don't synch up but the writers try to give the impression that they do. It's an attempt to avoid spoilers. I get it. It just never works too well.

Good finale. I loved the conversation with his mom. But of course Eddie had to be sucked in the singularity, how else is he going to come back.

I'm guessing that Eddie was a Catholic.... because it appears that a vasectomy was simply out of the question.

Ha, good one. But I guess he also cared about everyone else not being killed right then and there.

Enjoyable finale. It was fun enough that I barely even thought about the "stupidest man alive" stuff. Will definitely be tuning in next season, unlike with Arrow.

However, now that Barry has created a wormhole and is now going toe-to-toe with a black hole, there should be no reason he can't take away Captain Cold's gun. I also hope people stop drinking the Barry kool-aid, because jfc, evil mastermind suggests Barry should do something that may result in a singularity and everyone somehow agrees because Barry and his mommy are sooooooo important. Wtf?

Ok, ok, I actually did have fun watching the finale and I'm going to stop thinking because mental activity is the death of enjoying Flash.

A bit late to the stupid party. But it seems like shoehorning Captain Cold into that episode was because the trailer for Legends of Something or Something of Legends, or Something with Legends in the title that I can't be bothered confirming the name has Captain Cold prominently featured.

Nice finale. I admit I didn't see Eddie's final solution coming.

I actually didn't expect a cliffhanger. Though it wad a total set up too. Bringing up Rip Hunter. Shots of Cold and the girl I assume was Hawkgirl...

Pretty well done overall.

Great finale. I liked Eddie's sacrifice, even if Looper did it first.

Enjoyable finale. It was fun enough that I barely even thought about the "stupidest man alive" stuff. Will definitely be tuning in next season, unlike with Arrow.

However, now that Barry has created a wormhole and is now going toe-to-toe with a black hole, there should be no reason he can't take away Captain Cold's gun.

Actually, there is: he's going to become a hero-ish in Legends of Tomorrow.

Uhhhh, if they're going to have Eddie's death wipe Eobard from the timeline, then none of this season would have happened because there's no Eobard to take over Wells' life, Barry's mom lives, Barry becomes the Flash at the "normal time." But then, of course, Eddie now doesn't kill himself and Eobard is eventually born. I'm sure the wormhole opening was to signify this paradox as the timeline collapses, but running backwards around a blackhole to save an entire timeline is as stupid as Superman reversing the spin of the Earth to save Lois Lane. Fucking time travel. What was the point of Jay Garrick's hat appearing, other than fan service?

Go Barry! Go save the world from the ELE you created after agreeing to do your already captured and secured archnemesis' bidding, only to then not even follow through with the plan.

At least Eddie hasn't been turned into a villain, yet. In fact, he was much less selfish than Barry, who was risking the entire planet.

Archived