Sandor "The Hound" Clegane VS 298 AL Robert Baratheon

mystickristoff

During Robert's Rebellion, Robert was basically unstoppable. However, 17 years later, he would be out of shape.

Would 17 be enough to depreciate his skills so far? I mean sure, he got killed by a boar, but he had no armor or weapons and was drunk.

Sandor Clegane may be one of the 3 swordsmen that Jaime Lannister admits can best him in a swordfight but I guess we can use that as an estimate that Sandor is Jaime tier on HBO.

Both book versions. Robert is armored and has his warhammer and a shield while The Hound also has armor and is using a castle steel two-handed greatsword. Robert will have a Valyrian steel dagger as a back up weapon while the hound will only have a castle steel dagger as a back up weapon.

They fight in an open field, both Sandor and Robert are their 298 AL selves. Both are bloodlusted. No horses. Sandor won't hesitate to kill his King.

Same result as if the Hound had to face Robert in his prime. Hound wins in both cases.

Woah woah woah woah, My dear BOB in his prime would beat the hound with his left hand while peeing with his right you have some serious misunderstanding there.

During Robert's Rebellion, Robert was basically unstoppable. However, 17 years later, he would be out of shape.

Would 17 be enough to depreciate his skills so far? I mean sure, he got killed by a boar, but he had no armor or weapons and was drunk.

Sandor Clegane may be one of the 3 swordsmen that Jaime Lannister admits can best him in a swordfight but I guess we can use that as an estimate that Sandor is Jaime tier on HBO.

Both book versions. Robert is armored and has his warhammer while The Hound also has armor and is using a castle steel greatsword. Robert will have a Valyrian steel dagger as a back up weapon while the hound will only have a castle steel dagger as a back up weapon.

They fight in an open field, both Sandor and Robert are their 298 AL selves. Both are bloodlusted. Sandor won't hesitate to kill his King.

1) Robert had a boar spear against the boar

2) Robert got winded walking down the stairs at WF

IMO it's not even really a contest unless they are both ahorse.

Sandor is bigger and stronger than Robert in his prime and is an excellent warrior on top of that.

It would be a 50-50 fight if both were in their prime.

I wouldn't say that. They are pretty much equals in that regard.

You overestimate the effect (lack of endurance) has in a fight involving a warhammer. By the way, shield included or not? If the Hound is allowed to use both hands, Robert should as well.

I wouldn't say that. They are pretty much equals in that regard.

You overestimate the effect (lack of endurance) has in a fight involving a warhammer. By the way, shield included or not? If the Hound is allowed to use both hands, Robert should as well.

Oh, I thought a warhammer is a two-handed weapon. But okay, shield IF Robert can carry that with the warhammer.

Sandor. He burns perennially with a cold rage, is strong enough to go toe-to-toe with Gregor at the tourney, and spends much time in the training yards. He is younger, muscled, battle-proven, and fearless - but not stupid. Robert, like the Cleganes, is blessed with nearly superhuman strength. However, he has spent the bulk of 15 years vegetating, drinking, gorging, and deteriorating. And he has spent all of those years being protected by the Kingsguard and waited on, hand and foot. He is older, slower, overconfident, and has gained 'at least 8 stone'* in nine years. (8 stone is approximately 112 pounds/50.8 kg in extra weight.)

*AGOT, Eddard, pg 40

IMO...

I would bet on Sandor with difficulty, if he played smart, Bob had shameful stamina (compared to his youth) in 298, despite killing a freaking wild boar holding his own intestines (which i can't see any other doing it and survive days after it, Pycelle had never seen anything like it, and the guy saw A LOT)....

I would also bet on Prime Robert against Sandor with no doubt whatsoever, but then again i would bet on Prime Robert against any character 1v1 on foot...

That's my take...

Bob was about 6'6" not Brienne's size.

In his prime Bob would pick up the clegane pup and throw him across the room with his hammer.

in 298, the pup would poke a lot of large holes in Bob's large stomach.

Hey, I'm in the Sandor fan club, not necessarily the Sansan club, but yeah I like Sandor, but I fully recognise the fact Big Bob Prime would win, though Sandor would not be a push over by any description but Bob just by use of a warhammer would still win. I dunno if Bob would be stronger than the Hound and he wasn't bigger, but toe to toe I think he would have just inched out Sandor maybe even by skill and experience. But then Sandor has skill and experience too, like Bob he would have been fighting from a young age on the field, like Bob he is smart and a quick learner. However saying that Sandor is a lethal fighter and if Bob made one mistake and undermined himself by doing so Sandor would have a good opportunity and he would make good use of it too. It would be a really, really close fight and absolutely epic whatever the outcome.

Fat Big Bob, no chance, Sandor would paint the room red with him.

Archived