Witcher 3: Odrin is the Wild Hunt

l2 0 5 5

Anybody having problems installing this on ps4?

When I insert the disc, an update download starts. Takes about 6 minutes to install, then the game will start and go to the opening menu at which point a message appears that says

"Cannot continue using the application. The data for the following application is corrupted. Delete the application from the PS4, and then insert the disc again"

I've been through this process 3 times.

I've looked online, it seems all console are having trouble. I haven't found a solution yet.

I don't know if this applies to your problem specifically, eyenon. But I read that people suggest taking the PS4 offline, installing and starting the game. Then exit and go back online and download the patch.

I don't know what exact problem they were having, though. It all worked fine first time for me, thankfully.

What's the early word on console graphics and the soundtrack?

Soundtrack is not bad, it's all standard score type music, no lyrics.

I'd compare the music similar to Assassin's Creed rather than skyrim or dragon age.

@Andrew - yeh starting offline finally worked after about the 10th try

It is an unbelievably good game. I am at the start of it right now, and this looks like it is going to consume me for a while. I have had the game crash twice on me when I go into inventory and try and read something. Has anyone else had this?

It is an unbelievably good game. I am at the start of it right now, and this looks like it is going to consume me for a while. I have had the game crash twice on me when I go into inventory and try and read something. Has anyone else had this?

Yup. Every once in a while it crashes and it's always in one of the menu screens. I'm an excessive quick saver though so it hasn't been that big of a deal so far. Just annoying.

EDIT: Apparently turning off V-Sync can stop the freezing. Gonna try that now.

Didn't notice anymore freezing tonight after turning V-Sync off but it's sporadic so that's not really proof it was working. Ended up turning it back on though. The screen tearing was too much to ignore. Rather have an inconvenient freeze once in a while until they patch it than constant screen tearing.

Played for a few hours tonight and I love it. Gameplay, graphics, soundtrack. This game is massive.

Question about the notice board. I collected the first batch of notices and did those side quests. When I went back the board had more notices, but I didn't read them. I just pressed X and collected them all, but I had no quest updates or notifications at all? Can't find any notes in my inventory either?

Didn't notice anymore freezing tonight after turning V-Sync off but it's sporadic so that's not really proof it was working. Ended up turning it back on though. The screen tearing was too much to ignore. Rather have an inconvenient freeze once in a while until they patch it than constant screen tearing.

It doesn't fix it anyway, in my experience. Seems like 95% of my freezes are coming when I'm in the inventory, googled it and it seems like a very common issue. Hopefully will be patched soon.

It doesn't fix it anyway, in my experience. Seems like 95% of my freezes are coming when I'm in the inventory, googled it and it seems like a very common issue. Hopefully will be patched soon.

It didn't entirely fix the issue for me either, but it did reduce the frequencies of crashes in the inventory for me.

1.0.3 Changelog:

Changelog: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.03 changelog:

• Improves stability in gameplay and the UI.
  • Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
  • Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
  • Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
  • Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
  • Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
  • Improves menu handling
  • Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
  • Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
  • Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
  • Generally improves world map focus
  • Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
  • Corrects an issue in dialog selections
  • Corrects some missing translations in the UI
  • Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
  • Rostan Muggs is back

Doesn't mention anything about font sizes. Guessing that's a console specific issue? Hopefully the "improved stability" in gameplay and UI will mean the inventory crashes have been fixed.

Just got to Velen. Seems like the story is about to pick up here. I need to get these Serpentine swords crafted ASAP.

They're pretty damn great. By the time I cleared White Orchard I had everything I needed to craft them which was nice.

Serpentine swords?

Explore in White Orchard and you'll find diagrams for two swords from the Viper school. They're very good, but cost emerald dust to make which is (at the time) very rare and pricey. I only made one and then by the time I had enough dust from killing wraiths, I had a sword almost as good and decided to save the materials.

e: I turned V-sync off and uncapped the FPS, and haven't had an inventory crash since. Pre-patch.

Archived