The Most Insignificant Character in ASOIAF

DMC

I've been thinking about how this forum is prodigious at generating theories for ancillary characters, such as Missandei as a Faceless Girl, Tatters as Aerion's Son, and the dreaded Daario/Euron. Combined with a recent thread hating on Daven Lannister of all people, I began to wonder which character is the least discussed on these boards. My pick? Penny. I don't think I've ever seen Penny's character discussed on here. I'm certainly not complaining, but I would love it if I'm wrong. Are there any theories on Penny? If not, my challenge to you crazies is to come up with one!

Anyway, thoughts on your most insignificant character? I guess my criteria here is try to think of the least mentioned one on these forums. My only other standard would be someone with at least a substantive role in the books, not, say, Ravella Swann or Arianne's conspirators.

I remember at least one person suggesting Penny was Tyrion's daughter somewhere.

As to your challenge... I'll go with Strong Belwas. I don't think anyone said he was a Targ yet, that's just unfair.

LOL, so he had her when he was like, what, 9? Awesome.

Belwas certainly doesn't get any theory love, but he certainly has his fandom. As does Hodor, Hot Pie, etc. Poor Penny doesn't even get half a Groat.

There are so many of them i wouldn't know what to say.

One thing is sure though; Hodor is the most important character as he is the prince that was promised and his is the song of ice and fire.

There is actually a thing where people either believe he's the great other or hodor is the name of the great other and he's trying to warn people.

WW/others are going to lose their edge if their motto they shout is hodor.

Ser Cowboy, he only existed due to a football bet that GRRM had with his buddy.

Ha, but that still doesn't stop people for believing that he is 'the red star that bleeds' in the AAR prophecy and Jon. I don't believe it, but I've seen it mentioned many times on here.

Penny was with Tysha (the sailor's wife) and LF brought her from his brothel in Bravoos to KL to frame Tyrion for the PW. Whores go to pimps, and LF is the biggest pimp of all. Eventually LF will bring Tysha back or something along those lines as proof that the marriage to Sansa is null/void so he can try and take the North via her.

Pfft how about the Ibbenese... they're all over in the background (Tyrion has some queer ones guarding Shae's manse for example) the freaking neanderthal-dwarves but of a whole race we've got like no names and no super-radical-cool theories about how they're all Secret Targs and Faceless Beards in league with the Other and Azor Ahai.

Pfft how about the Ibbenese... they're all over in the background (Tyrion has some queer ones guarding Shae's manse for example) the freaking neanderthal-dwarves but of a whole race we've got like no names and no super-radical-cool theories about how they're all Secret Targs and Faceless Beards in league with the Other and Azor Ahai.

We have one named Ibbenese, Togg Joth.

ilikethesebooks: "Whores go to pimps" (the quote function doesn't work on my computer). I never got why people take Tywin's suggestion seriously that Tysha went "wherever whores go." We know that she was not actually a whore. Likely she went back home to her crofter father. Even Tyrion seemingly got hoodwinked by this and it has never made sense to me.

ilikethesebooks: "Whores go to pimps" (the quote function doesn't work on my computer). I never got why people take Tywin's suggestion seriously that Tysha went "wherever whores go." We know that she was not actually a whore. Likely she went back home to her crofter father. Even Tyrion seemingly got hoodwinked by this and it has never made sense to me.

She is forever viewed as a whore after getting pounded by every Lannister soldier in the realm. Which is part of the reason I think she is the the sailors wife because she refuses to bed anyone who hasn't married her

Archived