Questions For GRRM at ConQuest 46

Duke O' Nooobs

Is Ashara Dayne alive?

Will Benjen Stark's fate be revealed?

Is there a "Great Other"?

Are Azor Ahai Reborn and The Dragon That Was Promised the same?

Is anyone Azor Ahai Reborn/The Dragon That Was Promised?

Is dragonsteel weapons made of dragonbone?

Will Tyrion ride a dragon?

Will there be a final Blackfyre pretender in the series?

Will the valonqar actually strangle Cersei, or could he use the strangler poison?

Did the maesters really plot to kill the dragons?

Is Marwyn the guy who neutered Varys?

What happened to Aerion's son Maegor? Did he have any children?

Does Varys have Targaryen blood? Does he have Faceless Man training?

Is Mance descended from Bloodraven?

Will Arya return to Westeros?

:D what is dead will never die R_T, you must know that by now ;)

What? I have no idea what you are talking about.. ;)

But hey, you know what they say... If life gives you lemons... you grown a lemon tree or something

That's what I'm talkin about! Thanks RT

Did you win a meet and greet, or are you going to the Q&A (assuming there is a Q&A)

If anyone is asking about Doran's mother you can also connect that question with the fact that Arianne 1 from TWoW seems to include a mistake in the section where Arianne remembers the recent troubles between Houses Yronwood and Martell. Here the section in question:

Quentyn had been fostered by Lord Anders of House Yronwood, the Bloodroyal, the son of Lord Ormond Yronwood and grandson of Lord Edgar. In his youth her uncle Oberyn had fought a duel with Edgar, had given him a wound that mortified and killed him. Afterward men called him 'the Red Viper,' and spoke of poison on his blade. The Yronwoods were an ancient house, proud and powerful. Before the coming of the Rhoynar they had been kings over half of Dorne, with domains that dwarfed those of House Martell. Blood feud and rebellion would surely have followed Lord Edgar's death,

had not her father acted at once. The Red Viper went to Oldtown, thence across to the narrow sea to Lys, though none dared call it exile. And in due time, Quentyn was given to Lord Anders to foster as a sign of trust. That helped to heal the breach between Sunspear and the Yronwoods, but it had opened new ones between Quentyn and the Sand Snakes... and Arianne had always been closer to her cousins than to her distant brother.

The line in italics should - for all intents and purposes - read 'had not her grandmother acted at once' as Doran Martell was not yet Prince of Dorne when his brother gained the name 'Red Viper' at the age of sixteen. This would an ideal moment of TWoW to finally give us the name of the mysterious Princess of Dorne. Doran may have counselled his mother in that situation but Doran certainly wouldn't have been the one to decide what to do - that would have been the ruler of Dorne.

I would probably ask him what happened to Silverwing. "Went wild at Red Lake" is pretty vague and that shouldn't be a "keep reading" answer. I'm super curious about the Rat, Hawk & Pig but I'm guessing that's encroaching on Dunk & Egg territory.

A really great other question could be whether Aerys II named any other knights to the Kingsguard after the Trident - for instance Ser Willem Darry, when he charged him with keeping Viserys and Rhaella safe. The fact that the KG at the tower don't know about does not prove anything. Or whether anyone was named to KG after the Sack by either Rhaella or Viserys III.

Also quite fun and smart sounding: Beric Dondarrion had Targaryen blood, yes?

Historically dragon question are always fun:

Did any other dragons besides Quicksilver die during the reign of Maegor? Was Alyssa Velaryon a dragonrider?

I doubt that questions about Silverwing or Morning have a chance of being answered. Apparently, George didn't even tell Ran and Linda how Morning died, and was tight-lipped when they inquired about it - which suggests that the truth of that most likely leads to the Citadel conspiracy Marwyn hinted at - which will become a topic of a future novel.

What? I have no idea what you are talking about.. ;)

But hey, you know what they say... If life gives you lemons... you grown a lemon tree or something

Did you win a meet and greet, or are you going to the Q&A (assuming there is a Q&A)

Indeed you do but only if the climate is right... :p

Who were Edric Dayne's parents? How did they die/why aren't they in the picture?

Who are Darkstar's parents? I'm assuming they are the younger siblings of Arthur/Ashara's parent.

Why so much weirdness with Dany's childhood? Apparently grew up in Braavos, but why give us all the stuff about her running in fields, lemon trees, etc..

Where the hell is Benjen?

Who knows Marwyn? Moqorro? Qyburn? Oberyn? What's he up to?

Will we see Coldhands again? I hope so.

if he was running the Giants, would he extend Eli? and for how long?

would a Roethlisberger type of deal be fair?

:cheers:

Did Edwyle Stark pratice the "first night"? Or any Lord Stark before him?

Are Jaime Lannister going to "meet" Walder Frey?

Are Darkstar going to join the Night's Watch?

What is the color of Septa Lemore's eyes?

Is there any similarity between Rhaegar/Aerys relationship and Daenerys/Viserys relationship?

Is there any weirwood in Starfall?

Just to dismiss a crackpot: Was Tywin Lannister sterile? If he says "good question" or "keep reading" ...

"I know you don't really care about this, but how should we pronounce the name of Jon's mother? "Lee-anna" or "Lay-anna?"'

Then you say "Got you motherfucker!"

I think he pronounces it LIE-anna.

Back to add a couple more:

Who was Lewyn Martell's paramour?

What makes Darstar "the most dangerous man in Dorne?"

Did Oberyn father any sons?

It says on the wiki that Oberyn has more bastards than Robert did. Where are the rest of his bastards?

Why did Oberyn not marry Ellaria?

Did Elia love Rhaegar?

Archived