Dead or Alive?

Archmaester Drew

Benjen - alive and investigating the far north. My guess is that when he went out, something was not quite right. Instead of fleeing as Gared had, Benjen goes north. Benjen probably reasoned that returning to CB would not help unless he returned with good intelligence. Now you might question why 5 books later we still have yet to hear from Benjen, but it is possible that he was waylaid during his "mission". Or he stumbled into a trove of information. I am not suggesting there is some lost building in the far north with tons of manuscripts, but something that held his attention long enough.

How much time has passed since Benjen left?

Benjen returning as a wight seems less likely. If that were to happen, it would seem that Martin would have written him into the Fist sequence. He could be scouting the movements and schemes of the Others. Benjen IIRC was a highly skilled ranger, and probably could follow the Others Camp without being caught.

Benjen Stark

maybe Stonesnake

Ashara Dayne

Tyrek Lannister, hopefully

Gerion Lannister

Sandor Clegane

possibly Beric, I'm not sure how but the wording in the wiki is interesting

Sheira Seastar possibly, though she may be undead at this point

Jon Snow

I must admit there is a slight possibility that Quentyn Martell is alive.

Benjen, is protected by BR and has something to tell about R+L=J

The Hound. Has a brother to kill.

Rhaenys, her spirit went to her cat, Balerion. She will return in Myrcella body later (cat and girl are missing an ear).

Her brother, Aegon is dead.

Archived