Quotes

Tyrion The Huge

OP one's hard to beat.

So many vows ... they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.

That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but someplace along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead.

Yes, I think jaime's character has some of the best quotes.

For the North.

Wylla:

A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf’s Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men!

Wyman:

The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done.

"I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter." - Big Bucket Wull

Will I dream?” Ned gave him his answer. “You will, my lord.” “Good,” he said, smiling.“I will give Lyanna your love, Ned. Take care of my children for me.”

“Imagine if you will being on your death bed – And standing around your bed – the ghosts of the ideas, the dreams, the abilities, the talents given to you by life.

And that you for whatever reason, you never acted on those ideas, you never pursued that dream, you never used those talents, we never saw your leadership, you never used your voice, you never wrote that book.

And there they are standing around your bed looking at you with large angry eyes saying we came to you, and only you could have given us life! Now we must die with you forever.

The question is – if you die today what ideas, what dreams, what abilities, what talents, what gifts, would die with you? “

Les Brown

Stannis Baratheon:

"I am king. Wants do not enter into it. I have a duty to my daughter. To the realm. Even to Robert. He loved me but little, I know, yet he was my brother. The Lannister woman gave him horns and made a motley fool of him. She may have murdered him as well, as she murdered Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. For such crimes there must be justice. "

-Stannis, vowing to win the Crown and avenge Robert.

"Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne."

-Stannis, admitting that he was wrong to consider sacrificing Edric and again vowing to win the Crown and save the kingdoms.

"We all know what my brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell or die in the attempt."

-Stannis, vowing to liberate The North and end the Bolton Reign of Terror.

"I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means?"

-Stannis, stating that he is willing to put his life at risk for his convictions.

"It all goes back and back, to our mothers and fathers and theirs before them. We are puppets dancing on the strings of those who came before us, and one day our own children will take up our stings and dance in our steads." - Tyrion Lannister. My favourite quote of all time.

"If ever a man deserved to die screaming it was Gregor Clegane." - Doran Martell. Truer words have never been spoken.

Just rememebered the saddest conversation ever.

"Are they coming back?" Bran asked him.

"Yes" Robb said with such hope in his voice that bran knew he was hearing his brother and not Robb the Lord. "Mother will be home soon. Maybe we can ride out to meet her when she comes. Wouldn't that surprise her, seeing you ahorse?" Even in the dark room, Bran could feel his brothers smile. "And afterward, we'll ride north to see the wall. We won't even tell Jon we're coming, we'll just be there one day, you and me. It will be an adventure."

"An adventure" Bran repeated wistfully. He heard his brother sob. The room was so dark he could not see the tears on Robb's face, so he reached out and found his hand. Their fingers twinded together.

"It is such a long way. I was tired, Jorah, I was weary of war. I wanted to rest, to laugh, to plant trees and see them grow. I am only a young girl."

No, you are the blood of the dragon. Dragons plant no trees. Remember that. Remember what you are, what you were made to be, remember your words.

"Fire and Blood."

About Jaime & Cersei:

Tyrion:

Cersei is as gentle as King Maegor, as selfless as Aegon the Unworthy, as wise as Mad Aerys.

And Aerys to Jaime:

Bring me your father’s head, if you are no traitor.

Sandor Clegane view of chivalry:

I am no knight. I spit on them and their vows. My brother is a knight

or:

I like dogs better than knights.

Janos Slynt:

The man tried to buy me.

Tyrion:

Little dreaming that you had already been sold.

Davos felt a stab of despair. His Grace should have sent another man, a lord or knight or maester, someone who could speak for him without tripping on his own tongue. "Death," he heard himself say, "there will be death, aye. Your lordship lost a son at the Red Wedding. I lost four upon the Blackwater. And why? Because the Lannisters stole the throne. Go to King's Landing and look on Tommen with your own eyes, if you doubt me. A blind man could see it. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance!"

"He will not come," Kraznys said.

"There is a reason. A dragon is no slave." And Dany swept the lash down as hard as she could across the slaver's face. Kraznys screamed and staggered back, the blood running red down his cheeks into his perfumed beard. The harpy's fingers had torn his features half to pieces with one slash, but she did not pause to contemplate the ruin. "Drogon," she sang out loudly, sweetly, all her fear forgotten. "Dracarys."

"I dreamed of you"

On wings of song I fly to you, Daenerys, the iron captain thought.

"We shall have no king but from the kingsmoot." The Damphair stood. "No godless man—"

"—may sit the Seastone Chair, aye." Euron glanced about the tent. "As it happens I have oft sat upon the Seastone Chair of late. It raises no objections." His smiling eye was glittering. "Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air . . . I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy . . . protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence." He laughed. "Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

Archived