(ADWD Book Spoilers) Could Melisandre have written the "Pink Letter?"

Ser Falione

Personally, having read the books, the whole situation at Winterfell with the Boltons and Stannis at the end of ADWD is very interesting to me. Especially when Jon receives the letter from assumably, the Boltons. The bastard letter is certainly an enticing topic with a certain mystery.

Now does anyone think that Melisandre wrote it? If she can see into the fires, fires I believe that Bloodraven is behind, and see's what will happen if Jon recieves this letter, wouldn't it make sense for her to write it, or manipulate someone to write it. It sets up his death and she can finally do her sorcery on Jon.

Any takers?

I'm not sure this is the right forum, but for the record, I think that they'll definitely end the season with Jon being stabbed. It's too major of a plot point to ignore. The pink letter is probably expendable in the same way that so many unresolved subplots have been to this point in the series. Just a hunch.

There is no reason not to include it....but then again there was no 'reason' not to include a blue rose in HOTU, or change the line "Edd fetch me a block", but for some inexplicable reason they did it. They could simply have Jon get stabbed because he brought wildlings through the Wall instead of because he planned to march South. I wouldn't put it past D&D to make that kind of change for no apparent reason.

Mel didn';t write the letter because why would she insult herself. oh wait, Mel seem to love burning people, she crazy and is fire crazy enough to be female Mad Aerys, which means there is a 45% chance that she could of wrote it.

The reason she could was to create so much Chaos so that she could burn Shireen.

Mel didn';t write the letter because why would she insult herself. oh wait, Mel seem to love burning people, she crazy and is fire crazy enough to be female Mad Aerys, which means there is a 45% chance that she could of wrote it.

The reason she could was to create so much Chaos so that she could burn Shireen.

Nah, she'll want a big audience when she burns Shireen. Can't do that if everyone's busy watching the mess that happened. Besides, she warned Jon about being careful and keeping his wolf close. Why warn him and then set up the circumstances under which he'll be stabbed?

Archived