Can Barristan Selmy, without dragonsteel/glass, kill an Other/White Walker?

mystickristoff

No. Waymar Royce had a fine blade and it shattered against the ice sword the Other was using. One on one is no good. I think to beat an Other with a regular sword, it has to be in the middle of battle so they don't have time to counter strikes with ease enough to shatter a sword.

What if he had a burning longsword just like Thoros?

The fire on that sword will go out imediately and then the sword will shater so no.

Also from what we know VS is the only thing that can kill an other and VS=rairest thing in the world the only thing that can kill a WW/neverborn is dragon glass=second rairest thing in the world and fire can kill weights but theirs a shit ton more of them.

What if he had several weapons on him. On hand he would have a greatsword. On both side of his hips would be a sheathed longsword. A knife strapped to each ankle. Another longsword on his back.

I would just say a VS sword too but if that sword can kill a White Walker in one-shot like dragonglass can, then it would be overkill to have someone like Barristan wield it since Samwell Tarly can pull it off.

What's wrong? Barristan is the best swordsman in Westeros. I wonder how he would fare against a White Walker.

He'd fare the same as any one else.

Read the books!

For Christ's sake, I'm so sick of silly questions in the forum. Seems like every year when the HBO show starts we get questions like this, or worse. Questions like.......what if this one fought that one, what if Rheagar didn't kidnap Lyanna, what if Ned didn't go to KL, on and on and on.

Enough already!!!

:commie: :commie: ...in like flint :commie: :commie: :commie: :commie:

but refusing to respond to :bs: that belongs north of the wall.

guess no one told him he doesn't get to increase his post count down here

...in other words, mystick...

...get off my lawn...

:smoking:

eta for more hell raising emos

The fire on that sword will go out imediately and then the sword will shater so no.

Also from what we know VS is the only thing that can kill an other and VS=rairest thing in the world the only thing that can kill a WW/neverborn is dragon glass=second rairest thing in the world and fire can kill weights but theirs a shit ton more of them.

Not so. Obsidian is the only thing that we know can kill an Other.

Dragonsteel is also mentioned, but no one knows what it is. Jon and Sam think it might be Valyrian Steel, but they could be wrong.

There is no distinction in the books between White Walkers and Others, and the term "neverborn" has been dropped from the series completely as far as we know.

Archived