Rhaego is alive but he is Drogon. Daenerys dreams prove this.

This is my first theory topic so go easy. The topic is Rhaego is no longer human, he is a Dragon and more specifically drogon. This sounds insane and the biggest of the crackpots but daenerys dreams do prove this. I should start of mentioning daenerys seems to have inherited the Targaryen prophetic dreams ability. I'm aware there is posts examining daenerys dreams in close detail (here's a link http://asoiafuniversity.tumblr.com/post/114362374910/daenerys-house-targaryen-and-prophetic-dreams) but I'm only going to focus on certain dreams.

This idea has come from me reading (and watching) different things.

Viserys was hitting her, hurting her. She was naked, clumsy with fear. She ran from him, but her body seemed thick and ungainly. He struck her again. She stumbled and fell. You woke the dragon, he screamed as he kicked her. You woke the dragon, you woke the dragon. Her thighs were slick with blood.

She closed her eyes and whimpered. As if in answer, there was a hideous ripping sound and the crackling of some great fire. When she looked again Viserys was gone, great columns of flame rose all around, and in the midst of them was the dragon. It turned its great head slowly. When its molten eyes found hers, she woke, shaking and covered with a fine sweat.

The first dream and the second dream is quite literally one dream, the first time it hit pause the second it resumed.

When she slept that night, she dreamt the dragon dream again. Viserys was not in it this time. There was only her and the dragon. Its scales were black as night, wet and slick with blood. Her blood, Dany sensed. Its eyes were pools of molten magma, and when it opened its mouth, the flame came roaring out in a hot jet. She could hear it singing to her, She opened her arms to the fire, embraced it, let it swallow her whole, let it cleanse her and temper her and scour her clean. She could feel her flesh sear and blacken and slough away, could feel her blood boil and turn to steam, and yet there was no pain. She felt strong and new and fierce.

First of the dragon that was in the last dream is now in this one, and his black red scales fit drogon's description and the molten eyes as well. Hence drogon is the dragon in daenerys dreams. The last part of this dream is foreshadowing the pyre, daenerys reborn admist smoke.

But the bit I'm focusing on is the bolded part. Especially the description, black scales wet and slick with her blood. This is where everything clicks.

Drogon is daenerys child (in metaphorical sense).

This is where I'm going to put all the events of the dreams together and match them up to events that have taken place.

Viserys is hurting dany, physically beating her up. Then there's a hideous ripping sound and a crackling of some great fire. Viserys disappears and never returns, meaning he's now dead.

The hideous ripping and the crackling of some great fire are put in the same sentence, daenerys describes almost as if the noises of both are happening at the same time. The hideous ripping is her womb and rhaego being destroyed. The crackling of some great fire was the pyre where the dragons where born. So the dream makes it seem these events happened as one. Rhaego dying and the dragons hatching. The noises that answer Viserys abuse are the births of her children. The birth of Rhaego in the tent that destroyed her womb and the birth of her dragons in the fire. These are connected through the dragon that appears, which is drogon. In the first dream her thighs were covered in blood, foreshadowing rhaego's birth. The dragon in front of her was covered in her blood, like rhaego was. And rhaego was said to have Dragon features. The dream has merged the tent and the pyre together, creating a dragon which was covered in the blood that covered rhaego. Rhaego and Drogon have merged.

She could feel the heat inside her, a terrible burning in her womb. Her son was tall and proud, with Drogos copper skin and her own silver-gold hair, violet eyes shaped like almonds. And he smiled for her and began to lift his hand toward hers, but when he opened his mouth the fire poured out. She saw his heart burning through his chest, and in an instant he was gone, consumed like a moth by a candle, turned to ash. She wept for her child, the promise of a sweet mouth on her breast, but her tears turned to steam as they touched her skin.

Heat burning in her womb...sounds like a dragon in her womb. Her son then turns from a human into a dragon, this is because he was consumed by fire. Her child has gone from being Rhaego to Drogon.

And with it drogon has now taken the role as the stallion that mounts the world with daenerys being the khal of khals.

The dosh khallen have prophesied this, they told daenerys she would birth the stallion that mounts the world. And that's why the looked terrified when they saw daenerys, because the child she would "birth" wasn't even human.

The prophesy has been misinterpreted and has mixed the khal and the stallion together. Drogon is now the stallion with daenerys the khal of khals.

So to summarise Rhaego is alive but not in the human flesh he was created in, he's now living on through drogon, something daenerys prophetic dreams help prove. Sorry if this made no sense. If it didn't please say and I'll try to word it better.

I think some sort of swap took place in the tent. MMD described the still born Rhaego as being "scaled like a lizard, blind, with the stub of a tail and small leather wings like the wings of a bat," and said that "inside he was full of graveworms and the stink of corruption. He had been dead for years."

As Rhaego had only been conceived several months prior, and was kicking when Jorah carried Dany into the tent, then he obviously could not have been dead for years. The dragon eggs, however, had been "dead" for years. So it seems plausible to me, in the context of the books at least, that the life force of Dany's womb and the contents of the egg(s) had somehow switched places during MMD's shadow dance.

Then again, if only death can pay for life, it might stand to reason that her biological child did in fact die so that her three "children" could be born.

The first scene you described was Rhaegar's birth. When Daenerys entered the tent where MMD was doing her blood magic, Daenerys had access to the world of the dead (the shadows dancing). Rhaego died, but Daenerys became, in a sense, a vessel for the souls of Rhaegar, Viserys and Rhaego. When Daenerys entered the pyre and completed her "sacrifice", she transfered this souls/shadows/spirits to the dragons - Drogon is Rhaego, Rhaegal is Rhaegar and Viserion is Viserys. After that point (when she was exposed to the shadows) Daenerys's dreams changes - she shares "feelings" from Rhaegar (the sweetness), Viserys (the cruelty) and Rhaego (the conquest desire) - that's why she appears to be showing signs of Targaryen madness. There are other dreams from Daenerys that aren't truly hers, like the dreams with the tall stone house with the red door - these dreams are memories from Rhaegar, from his happiness in Dragonstone living with Elia. Elia was Rhaegar's home, that's the meaning from this dreams.

Edit. Just to add that Daenerys was a vessel in a sense that she lost Rhaego - her physical son in exchange to carry this three souls within her (in the same way she had Rhaego in her womb) to later give "birth" to the three dragons.

The first scene you described was Rhaegar's birth. When Daenerys entered the tent where MMD was doing her blood magic, Daenerys had access to the world of the dead (the shadows dancing). Rhaego died, but Daenerys became, in a sense, a vessel for the souls of Rhaegar, Viserys and Rhaego. When Daenerys entered the pyre and completed her "sacrifice", she transfered this souls/shadows/spirits to the dragons - Drogon is Rhaego, Rhaegal is Rhaegar and Viserion is Viserys.

This seems right (although your completely wrong when you suggested dany was mad). In the house of the undying visions of Rhaego, Rhaegar and Viserys appeared then the undying said mother of dragons…daughter of death. Seems to suggest that the dragons were born through these deaths. So maybe you are right in saying Rhaego somehow lives on in Drogon, in some way.

Ohh, I don't think Daenerys is mad. But there are a lot of people here who thinks otherwise. That's why I said she "looks" mad - I don't think she is.

After that point (when she was exposed to the shadows) Daenerys's dreams changes - she shares "feelings" from Rhaegar (the sweetness), Viserys (the cruelty) and Rhaego (the conquest desire) - that's why she appears to be showing signs of Targaryen madness.

my bad, I get where your coming from now. Misread

This is my first theory topic so go easy. The topic is Rhaego is no longer human, he is a Dragon and more specifically drogon. This sounds insane and the biggest of the crackpots but daenerys dreams do prove this. I should start of mentioning daenerys seems to have inherited the Targaryen prophetic dreams ability. I'm aware there is posts examining daenerys dreams in close detail (here's a link http://asoiafuniversity.tumblr.com/post/114362374910/daenerys-house-targaryen-and-prophetic-dreams) but I'm only going to focus on certain dreams.

This idea has come from me reading (and watching) different things.

The first dream and the second dream is quite literally one dream, the first time it hit pause the second it resumed.First of the dragon that was in the last dream is now in this one, and his black red scales fit drogon's description and the molten eyes as well. Hence drogon is the dragon in daenerys dreams. The last part of this dream is foreshadowing the pyre, daenerys reborn admist smoke.

But the bit I'm focusing on is the bolded part. Especially the description, black scales wet and slick with her blood. This is where everything clicks.

Drogon is daenerys child (in metaphorical sense).

This is where I'm going to put all the events of the dreams together and match them up to events that have taken place.

Viserys is hurting dany, physically beating her up. Then there's a hideous ripping sound and a crackling of some great fire. Viserys disappears and never returns, meaning he's now dead.

The hideous ripping and the crackling of some great fire are put in the same sentence, daenerys describes almost as if the noises of both are happening at the same time. The hideous ripping is her womb and rhaego being destroyed. The crackling of some great fire was the pyre where the dragons where born. So the dream makes it seem these events happened as one. Rhaego dying and the dragons hatching. The noises that answer Viserys abuse are the births of her children. The birth of Rhaego in the tent that destroyed her womb and the birth of her dragons in the fire. These are connected through the dragon that appears, which is drogon. In the first dream her thighs were covered in blood, foreshadowing rhaego's birth. The dragon in front of her was covered in her blood, like rhaego was. And rhaego was said to have Dragon features. The dream has merged the tent and the pyre together, creating a dragon which was covered in the blood that covered rhaego. Rhaego and Drogon have merged.

Heat burning in her womb...sounds like a dragon in her womb. Her son then turns from a human into a dragon, this is because he was consumed by fire. Her child has gone from being Rhaego to Drogon.

And with it drogon has now taken the role as the stallion that mounts the world with daenerys being the khal of khals.

The dosh khallen have prophesied this, they told daenerys she would birth the stallion that mounts the world. And that's why the looked terrified when they saw daenerys, because the child she would "birth" wasn't even human.

The prophesy has been misinterpreted and has mixed the khal and the stallion together. Drogon is now the stallion with daenerys the khal of khals.

So to summarise Rhaego is alive but not in the human flesh he was created in, he's now living on through drogon, something daenerys prophetic dreams help prove. Sorry if this made no sense. If it didn't please say and I'll try to word it better.

Excellent first thread. The dreams are about Daenerys bringing forth the dragons in motherly sort of way, and death pays for life so why not?

Excellent first thread. The dreams are about Daenerys bringing forth the dragons in motherly sort of way, and death pays for life so why not?

Thanks.

Just going to add this little bit in. As some have pointed out Rhaego's, Rhaegar's and viserys's souls might have transferred into the eggs when MMD performed the blood cermony in the tent. As she said the dead would dance in their.

After this when daenerys wakes up from her dreaming stage, she touches the eggs and they are now warm. So after the dead danced in the tent the eggs seemed to gain life.

Rhaego's soul might very well be in Drogon.

Archived