Margaery too confident?

Dr Qyburn M.D

The little queen Margaery has agreed to a trial by the faith and she seems sure of her innocence but did she fuck up??

IIRC Pycelle admitted to Cersei that he brought her Moon Tea, which only really serves one purpose, and if he stands as a witness for the faith and tells the truth is'nt she kinda fucked?

And what would her punishment be for this offence?

There is something going on that we don't know about. There is no way Margaery would go to Pycelle for Moon Tea unless she had a reason behind it. She could get it from any Maester, her uncle is an Archmaester. She would have to know that Pycelle is a Lannister crony. The Tyrell's have some kind of plan. They know something that Cersei doesn't. I won't believe Loras is dead or incapacitated until I see the body. Cersei is sure she has Margaery in a bind which makes me think she's not.

Actually, I'd say that she chose wisely when she decided for this type of trial. People love her and this will make her look like a humble girl. I've always felt it like the trial by combat is chosen by the guilty ones (although Tyrion did it twice and both times he was innocent) and the trial of seven by the innocent ones because in the trial by combat all you have to do is have a better warrior.

^ I agree, it allows her to be painted in a better light. And possibly allows her to subtlety paint Cersei as a bitch. After all Marg told Cersei she was a bitch and she knew what she was doing, so I don't see a way they could go back to pretend friends.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it known Pycelle is a lannister friend? It once again makes Cersei look like a manipulative bitch who gets her allies to tell lies about the sweet and beautiful margaery.

The little queen Margaery has agreed to a trial by the faith and she seems sure of her innocence but did she fuck up??

IIRC Pycelle admitted to Cersei that he brought her Moon Tea, which only really serves one purpose, and if he stands as a witness for the faith and tells the truth is'nt she kinda fucked?

Considering that he's dead, I'd say the risk of him giving a testimony is negligible.

Considering that he's dead, I'd say the risk of him giving a testimony is negligible.

Yes but if I'm not mistaken there were more people than just Pycelle and Cersei when Pycelle admitted that Margaery had wanted moon tea from him, weren't there? So more people heard it. Then you have the Blue Bard insisting on the fact that Margaery has / had some lovers. And of course Margaery was examined after the accusation and it was discovered that she wasn't a virgin, although she and her family had sworn that she had been. All this together is quite a strong evidence against Margaery even without Pycelle.

I believe that Marg is innocent. I don't believe that she used moontea, either he lied or someone else used it.

, although she and her family had sworn that she had been. All this together is quite a strong evidence against Margaery even without Pycelle.

Not really. A lord's daughter was more like to give her maidenhead to a horse than a husband, it was said, and Margaery had been riding since she was old enough to walk

Yes but if I'm not mistaken there were more people than just Pycelle and Cersei when Pycelle admitted that Margaery had wanted moon tea from him, weren't there? So more people heard it. Then you have the Blue Bard insisting on the fact that Margaery has / had some lovers. And of course Margaery was examined after the accusation and it was discovered that she wasn't a virgin, although she and her family had sworn that she had been. All this together is quite a strong evidence against Margaery even without is Pycelle.

Blue bard is mad, he isn't a reliable source. And although it's been said Margaery can say her maidenhead was broken when riding a horse. And all her lovers came from (forgot which one) kettleblack and he said Cersei was his lover.

The only evidence that could be placed against her is pycelle's moon tea. But now that's far worse because he's dead. Might seem like the Tyrells killed him.

Pycelle is dead?? How?? Its been a year or so since i've read ADWD so I cant really remember

Kevan Epilouge, Kevan & Pycelle get murdred by Varys and we get a speech about how Aegon is the perfect king.

If the Faith dares to convict Margaery they are fried. Mace and his armies are still holding the city, and Kevan is dead, so nobody is going to stop him.

That is, if there is still a trial - Margaery and her cousins have been freed and are safely back in the Red Keep. Who is going to take them back to the Great Sept against their will - the sparrows most likely not. And Mace was already contemplating to fuck the High Septon and proclaim Margaery's innocence through Tommen prior to Kevan's death - why should he risk the life and reputation of his daughter now that he is in full control of the throne?

But even if the Tyrells play along and return Margaery and her cousins to the Great Sept for a trial it is very, very unlikely that they won't come with a lot of men barring steel - there will be precautions and pretty big hints that the judges better clear her of all charges or else the Faith will face the wrath of House Tyrell. It would be very ugly business to clear out the Great Sept with blood, but the Tyrells can still do that. They control the city, and the High Septon has far too few men to mount a long resistance.

Not to mention that it would be very stupid of Mace to allow any member of the Faith to ever lay hands on his daughter again - Margaery will her own bodyguards and sworn shields with her should she go to trial, and I imagine the High Septon would have to slay them should he actually want to seize Margaery again or execute her on the spot. Not mention that any such attempt would provide the Tyrells with a perfect excuse to put the sparrow movement down.

This movement is completely dependent on its leader, the new High Septon. Should anything happen to him it should quickly crumble especially if his death would coincide with an all-out attack on the Great Sept. The Most Devout haven't been killed or replaced by sparrows - they were just cowed by the sparrows.

Kevan Epilouge, Kevan & Pycelle get murdred by Varys and we get a speech about how Aegon is the perfect king.

Ah yes how could I forget that awesome chapter, ya gotta love the spider.

Margaery is pretty much safe. Between Randyll Tarly, his army and her father arriving on the scene, there's no way the Faith is going to get their hands on her again.

Yeah i actually agree with you here, if Marg had chosen a trial by combat she could of picked Randyll as her champion, that would of been awesome

Ah yes how could I forget that awesome chapter, ya gotta love the spider.

Margaery is pretty much safe. Between Randyll Tarly, his army and her father arriving on the scene, there's no way the Faith is going to get their hands on her again.

Yeah i actually agree with you here, if Marg had chosen a trial by combat she could of picked Randyll as her champion, that would of been awesome

Archived