Will Cersei make a comeback?

Yela

Everyone thinks she's finally lost. Buts she's not dead yet. There must be a reason why GRRM kept her alive. If D&D still keeps Cersei and doesn't kill her in these last few episodes then that could mean she's nowhere near close to death in the early pages of the next book.

Will she:

1. Lose and end her story? And then return only for a brief scene of her getting killed by the valonqar?

2. Bring chaos and destruction to the Tyrells and Kings Landing? Which is self destruction which means she loses aswell.

3. Wise up and finally become Tywin 2.0? Return a different person that is better at the game?

What other scenarios do you think she'll end up with?

I hate that bitch of a character. I've wanted her dead since season 1/book 1.

Other characters have at least come around to show us a softer, more human side; Jamie, Stannis, and so on. Cersei's been the same selfish bitch since day 1 and hasn't shown us anything worth any sympathy.

I can only see two paths for her: she either goes completely batshit insane or she wises up and becomes more subtle-dangerous, but nothing in between.

My guess is she'll take Tommen and flee King's Landing with the help of MountainStein, and she'll make her final stand at Casterly Rock while the Faith and the Tyrells fight it out in the city.

GRRM has shown he is largely incapable of writing characters situations improving. In his desperate nonstop attempts to achieve the same accolades he got for ned's death plot twist he has always made all of his other characters get into progressively worse condition.

Very predictable. Very boring. But, to answer your question: No. She certainly will not unless the writers make a very big departure from GRRM.

I can only see two paths for her: she either goes completely batshit insane or she wises up and becomes more subtle-dangerous, but nothing in between.

My guess is she'll take Tommen and flee King's Landing with the help of MountainStein, and she'll make her final stand at Casterly Rock while the Faith and the Tyrells fight it out in the city.

my guess is the same. i think she'll unleash some wildfire in KL before fleeing to casterly rock though

This :

2. Bring chaos and destruction to the Tyrells and Kings Landing? Which is self destruction which means she loses aswell.

Once she's not a prisoner in the Great Sept, she doesn't have to accept the trial... She can just send her army in the Great Sept for a bloodbath, and there's no more trial for her. And then Mace will come with his army and there will be riots in the city... Mad Queen!

She'll either stay defiant or fake contrition and penance.

If defiance, I expect a trial by combat.

If she wins I expect she'll have the god's permission to wipe out the faith MILITANT. She'll have popular support in that as the god spoke and chose her to win.

If she loses, I expect her to die, fighting spitting scratching threatening and screaming the whole way. Unless there's a surprise Jamie or something, she's done.

If she fakes contrition I expect she'll go along with whatever penance they ask of her. She'll get back to her position ASAP and then start scheming to get rid of the sparrow, probably trying to do it through littlefinger.

I highly doubt she'll become a true believer like the sparrow seems to be.

My guesses at the moment.

The books made it entirely clear that Cersei's not leaving King's Landing. I'd see her going the Mad Queen/Burn them all route before running.

Not necessarily:

"This city is cesspit. For half a groat I'd move the court to Lannisport and rule the realm from there"

She can do both, though. Ignite some wildfire as a middle finger to the Tyrells and the city and get the hell out of dodge and head out West.

she can do both. light up king's landing and flee to casterly rock as its happening

Sure she could. But more than one she made the observation that if she flees King's Landing with Tommen, then Tommen is no better than Stannis or any of the other claimants. In her mind it would be an admission of defeat. I could see the "if I can't have it, no one will" mindset before she concedes the capitol to someone else.

Sure she could. But more than one she made the observation that if she flees King's Landing with Tommen, then Tommen is no better than Stannis or any of the other claimants. In her mind it would be an admission of defeat. I could see the "if I can't have it, no one will" mindset before she concedes the capitol to someone else.

thats why she would ignite the wildfire though, it would be a sign of strength for her just as much as it would be vengeance. i also think she'll play a role in manipulating the war between faith and tyrells

i just really want to see cersei in casterly rock before she dies, she's the only major character that's been sitting in one setting for 99% of the story

She's definitely not done in the show or in the books in my view. She's the most interesting villain in the series to many (including me) and probably the most hated villain for both show watchers and book readers, despite the fact that she doesn't actually get her hands dirty. Besides, her prophecy isn't done yet.

Here's how I see things going down.

She performs the WoS the end of season 5.

Beginning of season six, she wins her trial by combat and is unofficially exiled to Casterly Rock.

With Tommen still on the Throne surrounded by Tyrells (possibly, depending on how things go) or whoever else turns up, Cersei plots her return.

She blitzkriegs the Capital season 7. Tommen dies in the process (Myrcellas already dead) and she officially loses her mind. She burns Kings Landing to the ground with Wildfire. The only thing that eventually puts the fires out are the "Winds of Winter."

Let's see, one of her children is dead, another far away and likely part of a Dornish plot, and the other smitten with a Tyrell girl... Plus Jaime is far away, Tyrion even farther and planning revenge, her uncle soon to be dead, Pycelle her puppet with him... With Baelish ploying against her things don't look good.

And after the walk of shame her pride would be trampled and her power blown to smithereens.

And that taking into account that there's no fAegon landing on the Stormlands and gathering more power by the hour.

In the books her power is pretty much done with, I don't think the show diverts much from this... If she survives the trial, she's still in serious disadvantage with the Tyrell supporters solidifying their positions and her power gone.

Cersei never had any power of her own, she had the power of the Lannister name and being the widow of Robert Baratheon on her favour, both of those have run out on the last months as she did nothing to keep with the empowering project that Tywin and Tyrion began.

I can see her doing one last act out of desperation to ruin somebody's day, but not making a comeback.

Archived