What if Theon became lord of Pyke?

zammey12

Would he try to continue as a king or bend the knee to the iron throne? Would he be a good lord or king? Would he have to support of his family, although he barely knows them? This is pre-reek theon, so he is not mentally scarred.

Well Theon ending up in charge in Pyke is a tall order all by itself. His interactions with Balon, Asha and his men pretty much made it clear they don't respect him and consider him a tool. Couple that with his uncles and sister having the respect of the people and ambitions as well and poor Theon really doesn't have a chance.

But hand waving all that away, I think he'd crown himself and ally himself with the North as he said he would. When the North inevitably starts to lose(I don't think the IB will make a difference and Theon's ambition to capture Casterly Rock is destined to end in failure) he might start to reassess his options. His father, who by all means was way more prideful than Theon, saw the wisdom in bending the knee. I think Theon could be bullied into it by Twyin if the promise of keeping some of the scraps at his table.

If Balon had died while Robert was king, and Theon was sent to become lord and had some time, say a year to get a wife and some friends, then the war may have gone very differently, as the Ironborn could had caused serious problems for the Westerlands and then held the Redwyn fleet in place, they would not have had naval power to besiege Stannis. That's a minimum, in another scenario where the Lannisters are weaker maybe the Tyrells do not ally with them.

only a godly man may sit the seastone chair..

Theon means godly.

i think all the "weak" characters will end up with power...

Reek, sweetrobin, Jon targaryen (he was a bastard at first), bran, crippled willas, Edric Storm, the halfman, baby tully... not sure about dorne though.

Interesting theory. Regarding Dorne... Doran's pretty weak, perhaps he'll stay in power.

To OP, I think if Theon could manage to become King of the Iron Islands, he'd support Robb for as long as its feasible, and probably for some time after. However, if things turn bad for the IB, I don't doubt they'd turn on him.

Interesting theory. Regarding Dorne... Doran's pretty weak, perhaps he'll stay in power.

To OP, I think if Theon could manage to become King of the Iron Islands, he'd support Robb for as long as its feasible, and probably for some time after. However, if things turn bad for the IB, I don't doubt they'd turn on him.

well i thought of it, but i also like the theory of him dying when news of Quentyn´s death arrives, or when dany destroys the water gardens..

Also, i think the Yronwoods will turn against house martell during the Dance 2.0.

so, i don´t have a position on this..

Euron will probably die sooner

the future conflict in the Iron Islands, is IMO between Theon (New Ways) and Aeron (Old Ways).

How does Theon get to the Iron Islands from where he is at in the story? What will he and Aeron be fighting about exactly?

How does Theon get to the Iron Islands from where he is at in the story? What will he and Aeron be fighting about exactly?

Asha have thoughts about bring Theon in the race for Seastone chair, so if it happens it will likely go this way. I dont know about the fight with Aeron but i dont believe Victarion nor Euron will survive the series.

Asha have thoughts about bring Theon in the race for Seastone chair, so if it happens it will likely go this way. I dont know about the fight with Aeron but i dont believe Victarion nor Euron will survive the series.

If they can escape Stannis, this would be epic. Haha. I want to see it.

Stannis sends him there. He is much more pragmatic than people give him credit.. as we saw with Mance Rayder.

theon has value for him. He can deliver the Iron Islands, he can deliver Torrhen's Square, and he can deliver the glover hostages.

i think Aeron will get crowned as a priest-king (there were a couple of those in the past). he will promise the Ironborn to continue with Balon´s quest (the Old ways) while Theon will be much more progresive...

-The Ironborn do not respect him, and won't if he stays Reek.

-Its implied he cannot produce an heir

-The Ironborn are going to be tired of the Greyjoy dynasty after the Reach pushes their shit in under Euron, Balon's two failed rebellions, and Victarion's straying from the Drowned God.

Could Theon sit the Seastone Chair? Absolutely-- As as a greenlander puppet.

Stannis sends him there. He is much more pragmatic than people give him credit.. as we saw with Mance Rayder.

theon has value for him. He can deliver the Iron Islands, he can deliver Torrhen's Square, and he can deliver the glover hostages.

Theon is barely a man now, even Stannis would realize that Theon is not going to convince anyone to follow him especially not the Ironborn.

Why would Stannis even trust Theon Turncloak to begin with, he betrayed the Starks, he betrayed the Ironborn at Moat Cailin, he's potentially betraying the Boltons why would Stannis think Theon is going to find loyalty at this point?

Archived