If they do a Shireen burning, will you have the heart to watch it?

Shpati

I would watch it, but I don't think even D&D would got as far as showing it on screen or even allowing us to hear her screams. If Shireens burns, it will probably happen off-screen and we will either just hear about it or just see the aftermath. They have shown children being murdered before, but never a known and sympathetic character, and never in such a horrific manner.

Something bad being mentioned in the show as happening ahead of time (Tyrion being executed, for example) rarely happens.

It's also been established that Stannis loves his daughter deeply; it's just as possible, therefore, that he'll sacrifice himself for the pyre and the king's blood needed to secure victory and name Shireen queen of House Baratheon in his stead.

That is who Selyse is weeping over in the trailer shot, imo. Stannis himself.

Which means I've jinxed it now and it won't happen. :cool4:

I agree with posters who've said that the show will absolutely not allow the viewer to see or [possibly worse] hear Shireen being burned. It'd be one of the worst things ever shown on TV.

Yeah I will watch it, but it will be the most horrible thing to happen in GoT (and I'm usually the last one to complain about such scenes - not that I like them at all ! But I'm not easily disturbed).

Still, I truly dont think it will happen. Too much build-up, too obvious, too many parameters in play to offer different alternatives... but who knows, it's GoT after all.

That would be a massive game changer though... for the characters implications and the plot results it would have...

I agree with posters who've said that the show will absolutely not allow the viewer to see or [possibly worse] hear Shireen being burned. It'd be one of the worst things ever shown on TV.

I think they would let the screams be heard (at least the initial ones), but not show the burning.

Shireen's suffering has not yet happened in the books just like Sansa's suffering. But I guess if we see Shireen burning in the show we will read it later, just like we will read about some Sansa horror "consummation" scene.

I guess in the end both atrocities will or would make sense and yet they were or will be horrible to watch and to read.

Though I would suffer more because orf Shireen, far more, since she would be dead after having been burned while Sansa still has a story to tell.

Yes, I will continue to watch and refrain from a verdict about books and show until I know the ending.

I would watch it, but I don't think even D&D would got as far as showing it on screen or even allowing us to hear her screams. If Shireens burns, it will probably happen off-screen and we will either just hear about it or just see the aftermath. They have shown children being murdered before, but never a known and sympathetic character, and never in such a horrific manner.

This is what concerns me, if it happens I want it to be gory as hell, but I dont think even HBO would allow it.

Archived