Your Favourite Quote

Dr Qyburn M.D

Whats your favourite quote in ASOIAF??

Mine is said my Lord Wyman Manderly -

“Foes and false friends are all around me, Lord Davos. They infest my city like roaches, and at night I feel them crawling over me.” The fat man’s fingers coiled into a fist, and all his chins trembled. “My son Wendel came to the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder’s bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with his friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter…but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.”

Epic!!

"That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but somewhere along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead"

Not a quote but internal thoughts of Jaime, if you make me pick an actual quote?

“Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?”

“That is the only time a man can be brave.”

Bran and Ned

"Dance with me then" - Waymar eRoyce. The guy has just seen a group of ice demons, which haven't been seen for thousands of years and are generally terrifying, and what does he say? He doesn't be for mercy, he just draws his sword and says those awesome words.

"Now it begins."

"No, now it ends."

I will not be a page in someone else's history book- His Grace Stannis, the First of His Name of the House Baratheon, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, King of the Andals Rhoynar and the First Men, Protector of the Realm, Prince that was promised, born amidst Salt and Smoke, Azor Ahai reborn and wielder of the Hero's sword, Lightbringer, Besteros of Westeros and Planetos' equivalent of Chuck Norris

"I have never liked you, Cersei, but you were my own sister, so I never did you harm. You've ended that. I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid." - Tyrion

"Dance with me then" - Waymar eRoyce. The guy has just seen a group of ice demons, which haven't been seen for thousands of years and are generally terrifying, and what does he say? He doesn't be for mercy, he just draws his sword and says those awesome words.

Reason why I love this quote was because these men of the nights watch were making fun of him saying he was still a boy, but then while they hide and run away he actually fights.

Maybe not my one favourite, there are so many... But I really love that bit:

He kicked at Benfred's fallen banner, clutched in the dead hand of the squire who'd borne it. A rabbitskin had been tied below the flag. Why rabbitskins? he had meant to ask, but being spat on had made him forget his questions. He tossed his bow back to Wex and strode off, remembering how elated he'd felt after the Whispering Wood, and wondering why this did not taste as sweet. Tallhart, you bloody overproud fool, you never even sent out a scout.

Theon III, Clash.

"Rhaegar fought honorably. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. And Rhaegar died."

I've just always felt so much emotion behind these words when Jorah speaks them to Dany, this quote has always struck a chord with me.

And, of course, gotta love:

"Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you've climbed down off your horse."

"Ghosts and liarsRevenants from forgotten wars, lost causes, failed rebellions, a brotherhood of the failed and the fallen, the disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope." -Jon Connington

I like this one because it really drives home the point that the GC are more than just a sellsword company. They're a brotherhood of exiles born in an alien land fighting their whole lives in the pursuit of taking back the lands of their fathers and grandfathers in westeros

"Is it the justice of your cause you doubt, my lord, or the strength of your arm? Are you afraid I'll piss on your burning sword and put it out?" - Penrose

Honestly, all of Penrose's quotes are fantastic. He singlehandedly owned Stannis and his entire army with words alone. The fact that Stannis had to resort to twaty tactics to defeat him says it all. Such little screen (or page) time, yet managed to stand out so much.

Archived