Theory: Khal Jhaqo and Daenerys

Please elaborate

The first reason that comes to my mind is one of meta nature: arc of Dany, one of main protagonists (who has been built up for 5 books to mess up with the rest of the story in a big way) won't be ended by her being beaten and killed by random group of Dothrakis. It would be like Jon Snow dying of cold after he was elected LC.

Simply put, Dany's narrative purpose is far from over.

The first reason that comes to my mind is one of meta nature: arc of Dany, one of main protagonists (who has been built up for 5 books to mess up with the rest of the story in a big way) won't be ended by her being beaten and killed by random group of Dothrakis. It would be like Jon Snow dying of cold after he was elected LC.

Simply put, Dany's narrative purpose is far from over.

You could have said the same about Tywin or Eddard

GRRM has said she'll reach Westeros. And, I've no doubt Drogon still has a part to play.

I expect Dany will be as good as her word, and Khal Jhaqo is about to spend the rest of his life in unspeakable pain.

It's not even remotely similar. Both of them actually did stuff relevant to the story, both of them served their narrative purpose.

Dany, meanwhile, hasn't. Consider her story so far: she was on Essos the entire time - from Dortharki Sea to Qarth and Slaver's Bay - and has overall had very little interaction with the rest of the story (apart from few rumours and Ser Barristan). For her eniter plot she has been built up as invader of Westeros - one who may or may not succee, but certainly the one who will shake up things. Her abrupt death now would render all her storyline so far as meaningless - and that's the key difference between her and Ned&Tywin.

Nope, Dany's job is to reach Westeros with a hungry dragon and an army of pillaging foreigners. Until she has achieved that she has plot armor.

I've come to realise that 'plot armour' is one of the most ridiculous terms used on this forum

I've come to realise that 'plot armour' is one of the most ridiculous terms used on this forum

i was just having this conversation over at WOTW

google the term plot armor Westeros.org comes second only after urbandictionory ..this shows how ridiculous this fandom is ..

the main characters are what the story is based upon without them we wont have a story and they will be there till the end ...

the reason they survive a situation is not because they have plot armor its because they are the protagonists

Life is full of plot armour.

Hitler survived every assassination attempt made against him; the Duke of Marlborough was climbing onto his horse at the battle of Blenheim, when a cannonball missed him by a fraction, and took the head off the aide who was holding the horse for him; at the Battle of Waterloo, Colonel Ponsonby had both arms broken, and was run through with a lance. He was then used as a shield by a French sniper, and was ridden over by Prussian cavalry. He survived to become Governor of Malta. Theodora rose from being a prostitute to become co-ruler of the Roman Empire. Isabella of France overthrew her husband, Edward II, in conjunction with her love Mortimer, with the full backing of the English Church!

Archived