Edric Dayne Missing Since ASoS – Reconvening with Wylla, Howland Reed, & Ashara Dayne. - Darkstar Edric's Father

The Answer

Edric Dayne, the presumed milk brother of Jon Snow, squire for Beric Dondarrion, and one of Arya’s only “friends” in the series completely disappears after a ASoS.

I feel his connections to other characters are too blatant for him not to be of more importance to the series. He was of course wet nursed by the legendary Wylla.

In the seven years in Dorne before being made Dondarrion’s page, I think it is possible and rather likely that Edric learned some monumentally important information regarding Jon. He learned this information from Wylla.

I realize he wasn’t literally named after Eddard Stark; his birth name is Edric – but his nickname (Ned) could be in honor of Ned Stark.

Ned (Stark), as much as he grew to love Catelyn Tully ; he was actually caught in a love triangle between Ashara & Wylla. Despite not being Jon’s mother – Wylla, being Ned’s lover, was chosen over Ashara to wet nurse Jon after the incident at the ToJ.

Not only did Ned break Ashara’s heart once bringing news of her brother Arthur’s death, but he broke her heart again by choosing Wylla over her.

At the Tourney at Harrenhall, “the wild wolf” did not convince “a maid with laughing purple eyes” to dance with “the shy wolf,” it was actually completely reversed. Ashara had Brandon convince Ned to dance with her, I’m sure to win his heart.

This theory then goes along with one of my favorite theories of ironic proportions that states Ashara and Howland Reed wed (her brother’s slayer). Howland Reed + Ashara Dayne = Jojen & Meera

I believe after Edric hears of all of the Stark death rumors circling around the Seven Kingdoms, rather than seek vengeance with the Brotherhood Without Banners and Lady Stoneheart, he decides to reconvene with his Milk Mother Wylla, Aunt Ashara Dayne, and Uncle Howland Reed to discuss if the time is finally right to share with the world the news of Jon Snow’s true identity.

Editing to include my below revelation that Yes, it is true, Darkstar is the rightful Lord of Starfall but passed the Lordship to his son so he could "be of the night."

Damn unlikely.

I realize he wasn’t literally named after Eddard Stark; his birth name is Edric – but his nickname (Ned) could be in honor of Ned Stark.

He was literally named after him. Just like Edric Storm. Or Robb Stark for Robert Baratheon.

There are some lokal spelling alternatives. This is one such instance.

Damn unlikely.

He was literally named after him. Just like Edric Storm. Or Robb Stark for Robert Baratheon.

There are some lokal spelling alternatives. This is one such instance.

LOL true! Unlikely, but I just love that Howland & Ashara theory so much I wanted to make my own sort of expansion. I don't know - I think it's possible.

And thanks for the Ned clarification !

I don't think he really knows much, but I do think the information he has been told is interesting. The whole Wylla thing is a mystery. Ned uses the name in conversation with Robert as the mother of his bastard. Edric name drops Wylla in conversation with Arya as the mother of Jon Snow. If Wylla (whoever she is) was really Jon's wet nurse, she was brought to Winterfell with Jon before Cat arrived. Perhaps she was even responsible for the rumors Cat heard about Ashara?

Not a believer of Ashara still living, nor being married to HR.

Edric Dayne is Beric's squire and his "aunt" Allyria Beric's bethroted. Once Beric is dead, Edric Dayne most likely left to get to Allyria and return to Starfall with her. He's Lord of Starfall after all. The problem would have been getting there in the war torn Riverlands with Freys, Lions and Bloody Mummers riding around. He might have been forced to flee for the Neck or perhaps ended up on the Isle of Faces at the God's Eye and meets a crannogman there and is still missing for that reason. I suspect he will make it back to Starfall though, with Allyria, though he may have learned certain things in order to take up Dawn. He has been described as a polite, honourable and brave lad. He's young, but I think he's a Sword in the Morning in the making.

Edric is like an 18 year old international prospect in the NBA Draft.

Could be Dirk 2.0, or just as easily be Darko 2.0.

Potential is certainly there for Edric to be a major player, but he could just as easily get lost in the fold.

I think his actions alone in protecting a high lord in battle make him "worthy" of Dawn.

Once Beric is dead

he will be dead for 3 full books once Winds is releasd

Edric Dayne is Beric's squire and his "aunt" Allyria Beric's bethroted. Once Beric is dead, Edric Dayne most likely left to get to Allyria and return to Starfall with her. He's Lord of Starfall after all. The problem would have been getting there in the war torn Riverlands with Freys, Lions and Bloody Mummers riding around. He might have been forced to flee for the Neck or perhaps ended up on the Isle of Faces at the God's Eye and meets a crannogman there and is still missing for that reason. I suspect he will make it back to Starfall though, with Allyria, though he may have learned certain things in order to take up Dawn. He has been described as a polite, honourable and brave lad. He's young, but I think he's a Sword in the Morning in the making.

I too think Edric can play a larger role in terms of becoming Sword in the Morning at some point. I just think the mystery behind their family is so vast that there will be at least some revelation soon.

Do we even know the sex his parent that comes from the Dayne line?

Maybe it is Darkstar?!

Are Knights allowed to become Lords? Because that could explain why Arianne calls him the Most Dangerous man in Dorne. He chose to become a Knight and passed the Lordship to his son Edric :eek:

I don't care what you haters say! I am digging into this!!

Darkstar (mind the colour yo) isn't a main branch Dayne. He rules a smaller knightly sidebranch (on top of him being a Queen of the Night) of the Daynes.

As to your other points. I love the Ashara Dayne + Howland Reed = Jojen and Meera, I think it would be great if it were true (it probably isn't though), but your additions don't really add anything. The whole point of that theory is that HR and Ashara Dayne fell in love there, Ashara isn't Ned's hand me down to Howland or anything. Howland and Ashara loving each other is kind of essential to that theory. Wylla on the other hand is probably a random nobody, she's given her milk but I'm pretty convinced that we won't see her in any way, shape or form in the novels.

I do think chances are big that Edric, with the part of the BwB that follows the old way, has vanished in the swamps to seek shelter with the Crannogmen. I think he'll return swinging in tWoW along the side of the Blackfish, the Crannogmen and Galbart Glovert and Maege Mormont.

Darkstar (mind the colour yo) isn't a main branch Dayne. He rules a smaller knightly sidebranch (on top of him being a Queen of the Night) of the Daynes.

Exactly so - (I dig the color btw), he is head of a cadet branch, but out of choice! Probably thinks he can do more damage in a mischievous form with a Knight title rather than being Lord of Starfall.

It brings me back to why Arianne called him the most dangerous man in Dorne - not because of his talents, but because of his claim!

He might have been forced to flee for the Neck or perhaps ended up on the Isle of Faces at the God's Eye and meets a crannogman there and is still missing for that reason.

I do think chances are big that Edric, with the part of the BwB that follows the old way, has vanished in the swamps to seek shelter with the Crannogmen. I think he'll return swinging in tWoW along the side of the Blackfish, the Crannogmen and Galbart Glovert and Maege Mormont.

So you're the second one to think he could have fled to Neck. I agree, but his proximity is only a coincidence. His motives are more essential to the series.

I too think Edric can play a larger role in terms of becoming Sword in the Morning at some point. I just think the mystery behind their family is so vast that there will be at least some revelation soon.

Do we even know the sex his parent that comes from the Dayne line?

Maybe it is Darkstar?!

Are Knights allowed to become Lords? Because that could explain why Arianne calls him the Most Dangerous man in Dorne. He chose to become a Knight and passed the Lordship to his son Edric :eek:

I don't care what you haters say! I am digging into this!!

Darkstar is a knight of the Cadet branch of the Daynes of High Hermitage. He's not actually from Starfall. He's probably the 2nd or 3rd son or something from the Lord Dayne of High Hermitage, or he'd call himself Lord of High Hermitage. And he's too young to be Edric Dayne's father. I always read Darkstar as being somewhat bitter about being a cadet rather than a Starfall Dayne. As a cadet Dayne he won't be getting his hands on Dawn. That's why he speaks down on Arthur Dayne (who was a Starfall Dayne and a brother to Edric Dayne's father) and Dawn and the title Sword in the Morning. He knows he can't get his hands on it. I also have the sneaky suspicion that it was Darkstar who had someone tip Doran off, because it was his chance to reignite Oakheart-Dayne rivalry.

Not sure whether an heir like Edric Dayne may call himself Lord of Starfall if his father is still alive, but the absense of Starfall factions, other than Darkstar, in the Dornish plot so far suggests to me that Edric Dayne's father is already dead.

Darkstar Darkstar is a knight of the Cadet branch of the Daynes of High Hermitage.

Try to remember his name dudette! Don't you know he's of the night?

Huh? I wrote Darkstar Darkstar, you corrected it by writing the exact same name, but in pink.

Dudette, his name is Darkstar! Dark-Star, try to remember okay?

Seriously though, writing

Darkstar's name in pink/purple is one of those old-time forum traditions. Pretty childish, but it's just funny you know :P

Dude, his name is Darkstar! Dark-Star, try to remember okay?

Seriously though, writing

Darkstar's name in pink/purple is one of those old-time forum traditions. Pretty childish, but it's just funny you know :P

I know what his name is. He'll return, no doubt. :cool4: He's a bad boy, a trouble maker.

Been on forums since 1999, never saw pink/purple stuff. :bawl:

And I'm a gal :cool4:

I know what his name is. He'll return, no doubt. :cool4: He's a bad boy, a trouble maker.

Been on forums since 1999, never saw pink/purple stuff. :bawl:

And I'm a gal :cool4:

Woopsie, I apologise for calling you dude then :p I guess its the Ben Crompton pic that threw me off :p

Archived