Anyone Else See the Hill Tribes Coming back

B-rad

It's pretty obvious that Sansa is going to be spending quite a bit of time in the Vale in the next book so I think that means we most likely are going to be seeing the Hill tribes who traveled with Tyrion (who will be rich and armed with very nice weapons). I can see them definetly causing trouble in the Vale and this would prevent Baelish from marching the Knights out of the Vale to fullfill his agenda until the hill tribes are dealt with. There are a bunch of other potential things that could happen such as Lord Royce allying with them and using them to displace LF (super unlikely though) but my point is im pretty sure they are going to come back in a big way much like the Dothraki who haven't been a major part of the story for a real long time much like the hill tribes.

Thoughts?

I thought about this randomly yesterday. If nothing else when danny and tyrion come to westeroes tyrion could have his own little army loyal to him. They worked well before as his personal guard. I could see them attacking the vale and messing some stuff up maybe killing some of the charecters we meet through alaynes povs

Does anyone else see them causing a civil war in the Vale though (especially since the Vale has been able to avoid the War of Five Kings entirely and with Winter coming they so far seem to appear to be one of the only kingdoms that will survive it bedsides Dorne (the Reach will probably be torn apart by the Iron Born).

Does anyone else see them causing a civil war in the Vale though (especially since the Vale has been able to avoid the War of Five Kings entirely and with Winter coming they so far seem to appear to be one of the only kingdoms that will survive it bedsides Dorne (the Reach will probably be torn apart by the Iron Born).

Yes, I believe that the things characters dismiss will often come back to bite them. Littlefinger, when describing how Harry is the Heir, went through the whole inheritance and used it to show his advantage. However after reading the Timmett son of Timmett theory I just think something is going to involve both inheritance and the mountain clans.

Someone posted a theory at one point Timmet is actually the rightful lord of the Vale throw Jon Arryns kidnapped relative.

It actually fits pretty well in a "why the hell not" sort of way.

I do think they will be coming back in some fashion but I highly doubt it will be under Royce; even though it's the Royce's they owe ancient fealty to.

It was just set up too conveniently for the hill tribes of the vale to not come back. I would be very hapoy to see timett become a vale lord.

I always thought the poor relationship that the vale lords have with the hill tribes was a major flaw in the arryns rule. How is it tothe Starks have the undying loyalty of their mountain clans but the vale clans kill arryns when ever they have a chance.

I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Also I think something people might have overlooked is not only did the mountain clan's adventures with Tyrion get them tons of gold and good weapons but it actually United them into a single fighting force. As displayed in Game of Thrones by Tyrion trying to get out of the Vanguard a lot of the clans hated each other before they went with Tyrion but I'm pretty sure Since they all have fought together in a much more official way they are going to be much more united and a much bigger threat for the great lords of the Vale.

It's pretty obvious that Sansa is going to be spending quite a bit of time in the Vale in the next book so I think that means we most likely are going to be seeing the Hill tribes who traveled with Tyrion (who will be rich and armed with very nice weapons). I can see them definetly causing trouble in the Vale and this would prevent Baelish from marching the Knights out of the Vale to fullfill his agenda until the hill tribes are dealt with. There are a bunch of other potential things that could happen such as Lord Royce allying with them and using them to displace LF (super unlikely though) but my point is im pretty sure they are going to come back in a big way much like the Dothraki who haven't been a major part of the story for a real long time much like the hill tribes.

Thoughts?

Absolutely. Royce and the clans will fight with the blacks, and Petyr and winged knight reborn will fight with the greens.

Also I think something people might have overlooked is not only did the mountain clan's adventures with Tyrion get them tons of gold and good weapons but it actually United them into a single fighting force. As displayed in Game of Thrones by Tyrion trying to get out of the Vanguard a lot of the clans hated each other before they went with Tyrion but I'm pretty sure Since they all have fought together in a much more official way they are going to be much more united and a much bigger threat for the great lords of the Vale.

Thoughts?

Absolutely. Royce and the clans will fight with the blacks, and Petyr and winged knight reborn will fight with the greens. Oh, and Timmet will be Royce's man.

Yes, I believe that the things characters dismiss will often come back to bite them. Littlefinger, when describing how Harry is the Heir, went through the whole inheritance and used it to show his advantage. However after reading the Timmett son of Timmett theory I just think something is going to involve both inheritance and the mountain clans.

Also I think something people might have overlooked is not only did the mountain clan's adventures with Tyrion get them tons of gold and good weapons but it actually United them into a single fighting force. As displayed in Game of Thrones by Tyrion trying to get out of the Vanguard a lot of the clans hated each other before they went with Tyrion but I'm pretty sure Since they all have fought together in a much more official way they are going to be much more united and a much bigger threat for the great lords of the Vale

Maybe Petyr marches forth to decide the war, leaving a skeleton force behind to hold the Vale, and that's when the clans strike, even better if Sansa was held back for her safety and now finds herself in the thick of things and is then informed that she's to remain a lady of high esteem in the new world order of the clans because Tyrion's their guy and reportedly she's his squeeze. These allies would add pizazz to whatever coup Sansa may be building toward on her own. "Oh, but I don't have enough conspirators with me to make a power grab...... ah, now I do."

But didn't someone on here recently say the clans have been largely wiped out after the Blackwater battle ? I know nothing.

Archived