Lord Neddard Stark

Best:

Ramsay- Iwan Rheon

Roose- Michael McElhatton

Shireen- Kerry Ingram

Davos- Liam Cunningham

Margaery- Natalie Dormer

Reek- Alfie Allen

Missandei- Nathalie Emmanuel (strange choice I know.

Tommen- Dean-Charles Chapman

Arya- Maisie Williams

Jamie- Nicolaj Coster-Waldau

Worst:

Daenerys s2- Emilia Clarke

I hate how Littlefinger's accent changes on a whim.

The worst choice is no choice, and in that spirit, I present to you the Arianne Martell that should've been:

https://postmediacalgaryherald2.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/jessica-parker-kennedy-in-black-sails-courtesy-starz.jpg

We could've had it all!

The worst choice is no choice, and in that spirit, I present to you the Arianne Martell that should've been:

https://postmediacalgaryherald2.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/jessica-parker-kennedy-in-black-sails-courtesy-starz.jpg

We could've had it all!

Nah, I think the girl they got to play Tyene Sand would have been a good Arianne Martell

I hate how Littlefinger's accent changes on a whim.

Had to suffer with that through The Wire as well, but if it had been Dominic West as I've heard before, it would have been even worse. I don't get the hate with Aiden Gilen, I don't think he's the best guy on the show, but he's also far from the worst. I think most of the things that makes LF seem unconvincing are related to the writing. On the show he's basically a reckless gambler, like a guy that makes all in's with every play in poker, like people don't even know what a bluff is. The biggest problem I find with Littlefinger, is that everyone turns into a child once he's around, just to make the character smarter. But I digress:

My best would be Alfie Allen, Rory McCann, Sean Bean, Lena Headey, Michelle Fairley, Nicolaj Coster-Waldau, Conleth Hill, Maisie Williams and above all, Pedro Pascal, Liam Cunningham and Charles Dance.

Also, honorable mention to the guy who plays Jaqen H'ghar, Tom Wlaschiha. Even though his return to the show is more fan service than any other thing, I think he's absolutely perfect for the part.

Worst: Can it get worse than the Sand Snakes? I'll take Shae a thousand times over the Dornish Three Stooges.

Had to suffer with that through The Wire as well, but if it had been Dominic West as I've heard before, it would have been even worse. I don't get the hate with Aiden Gilen, I don't think he's the best guy on the show, but he's also far from the worst. I think most of the things that makes LF seem unconvincing are related to the writing. On the show he's basically a reckless gambler, like a guy that makes all in's with every play in poker, like people don't even know what a bluff is. The biggest problem I find with Littlefinger, is that everyone turns into a child once he's around, just to make the character smarter. But I digress:

The problem isn't really with his ability, there are far worse actors on the show, it's more that he doesn't really capture the essence of the character, Littlefinger is to be a charismatic guy, very diplomatic but also come across as a little deceitful and untrustworthy. In the first book Game of Thrones, you really don't know what he's up to. You can't tell if he's helping Ned or stabbing him in the back, when he turns on him in the end its supposed to be a surprise. In the show I think its really obvious he's going to turn on Ned the moment he speaks from the outset.

I don't know if its a problem with the writing or acting, whoever it is, they don't get the character at all.

The problem isn't really with his ability, there are far worse actors on the show, it's more that he doesn't really capture the essence of the character, Littlefinger is to be a charismatic guy, very diplomatic but also come across as a little deceitful and untrustworthy. In the first book Game of Thrones, you really don't know what he's up to. You can't tell if he's helping Ned or stabbing him in the back, when he turns on him in the end its supposed to be a surprise. In the show I think its really obvious he's going to turn on Ned the moment he speaks from the outset.

I don't know if its a problem with the writing or acting, whoever it is, they don't get the character at all.

Yeah, exactly. LF has to be charismatic, fun, with just the right amount of sleazy. In the show, I don't even know, he's so weird in terms of his mannerisms, and he sounds like the guy who ties up a woman on the train tracks in a silent film, if characters in silent films could talk.

I thought Richard Madden was excellent as Robb - made the RW that much harder to watch. Charles Dance was a fantastic Tywin. Pedro Pascal as Oberyn was very good too. Dinklage is great. I think Maisie Williams (Arya) is a great actress, especially for her age. Alfie Allen is a tremendous actor even if he looks absolutely nothing like Theon Greyjoy. Dillane IS Stannis.

Shae was awful. Kit is okay, while I've found Emilia's performance to be consistently underwhelming since season one. The Sand Snake actresses... well, no comment. Puke. Besides the hot one.

Yeah, exactly. LF has to be charismatic, fun, with just the right amount of sleazy. In the show, I don't even know, he's so weird in terms of his mannerisms, and he sounds like the guy who ties up a woman on the train tracks in a silent film, if characters in silent films could talk.

Exactly

Iwan Rheon as Ramsey was a poor choice I reckon. He looks like a hobbit and he's turned Ramsey into a comic book psycho.

The Sand Snakes have been poor. Their acting has been atrocious, not helped by a rotten script mind you. Tyenes last line to Bronn....cringeworthy.

Iwan Rheon as Ramsey was a poor choice I reckon. He looks like a hobbit and he's turned Ramsey into a comic book psycho.

The Sand Snakes have been poor. Their acting has been atrocious, not helped by a rotten script mind you. Tyenes last line to Bronn....cringeworthy.

Ramsay was a comic book psycho in the books as well.... that's why I liked him and Rheon does an excellent job playing a deranged scociopath.

Everything about Dorne was horrible, agreed.

Disagree. Iwan Rheon is actually perfect for the Ramsay role (Except he's a rather handsome guy when Ramsay supposed to be ugly). He really captured the essence of Ramsay in the Telltale Game of Thrones game, it's just D&D who made him a over the top cheesy cartoon.

I concur. The Ramsay casting is the only one I think has been wrong.

I know the new Mountain they got didn't make sense, he looked about 20 years younger than the actor who played the Hound.

That's because Halfthor Bjornsson who plays the Mountain is only 25 years old lol.

And the Sand Snakes are fucking awful, as is Ellaria. They ruined the entire season and possibly even the series... Just.. horrible.

The only thing I didn't like of GoT casting is that some characters changed over time for no seemingly good reason.. Daario changed 3 times, and Gregor was recasted too.

Daario only changed once, from the guy who played him in Season 3 to the Daario we have now since season 4.

That's because Halfthor Bjornsson who plays the Mountain is only 25 years old lol.

And the Sand Snakes are fucking awful, as is Ellaria. They ruined the entire season and possibly even the series... Just.. horrible.

Daario only changed once, from the guy who played him in Season 3 to the Daario we have now since season 4.

What ?! He's only 25 lol

Archived