The Stone Dragon is made of ice.

Daendrew

The Stone Dragon is Made of Ice: EndGame of Thrones Part 24

Bran is the stone dragon Melissandre wanted to wake. Not Jon.

To better understand what I am talking about, read The IceBrandon post and if you are interested in more then read The Flight of The Ice Dragon

Here is the vision Dany gets in The House of The Undying, after she has eaten of both the peach from Tree of The Western Wall and drank shade of the evening made from Ironwood from The House of The Undying with the relevancy of eating and drinkning those things found here andhere..

. . mother of dragons, daughter of death . . . Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow. A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd. From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire. . . . mother of dragons, slayer of lies . . . Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars. A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly. A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness. . . . mother of dragons, bride of fire . . .

First off I would like to point your attention to how it mentioned the great stone beast and then mentions slayer of lies. Are the two connected? Is it GRRM that is the subtle “liar” here? In this series I have pointed out many points of literary misdirection he has planted for us.

So let’s see there is a smoking, maybe broken tower, presumably made of stone, with a great stone beast taking wing and breathed a shadow, not traditional fire. I am not an aeronautical engineer, but I forsee problems keeping a colossal flying stone beast in the air.

And of course “it is known” that dragons come from the moon. So we should just call that beast a “moon dragon.”

Let’s take a look at this passage from TWOIF on a different sort of dragon:

Of all the queer and fabulous denizens of the Shivering Sea, however, the greatest are the ice dragons. These colossal beasts, many times larger than the dragons of Valyria, are said to be made of living ice, with eyes of pale blue crystal and vast translucent wings through which the moon and stars can be glimpsed as they wheel across the sky. Whereas common dragons (if any dragon can truly be said to be common) breathe flame, ice dragons supposedly breathe cold, a chill so terrible that it can freeze a man solid in half a heartbeat.

The World of Ice and Fire – Beyond the Free Cities: The Shivering Sea

The ice dragon is translucent. If the moon was behind it, it would look like it is a moon dragon. If the stars are behind it, you could say it is a star dragon. And if The IceBrandon, The Stark ice dragon named Winter (who Is Coming), was in front The Broken Tower you would call it a stone dragon. That Broken Tower is not only where Bran fell, but this is where Bran took wing.

Why?” Bran said, not understanding, falling, falling….

Wings unseen drank the wind and filled and pulled him upward.

The terrible needles of ice receded below him.

The sky opened up above. Bran soared.

– A Game of Thrones – Bran III

“The wings unseen” are the translucent ice wings of the ice dragon. The terrible needles of ice are the grey icefyre mist of The IceBrandon’s breath.

But when he lowered his gaze from the sky to the castle ramparts, he was not so certain. The wings of the stone dragons cast great black shadows in the light from the nightfire. He tried to tell himself that they were no more than carvings, cold and lifeless. This was their place, once. A place of dragons and dragonlords, the seat of House Targaryen. The Targaryens were the blood of old Valyria . . .

A Storm of Swords – Davos VI

Bran is the stone dragon

Bran is the dragon that Melissandre is focused on waking. Not Jon.

But of course the two are not mutually exclusive. IceBrandon, the ice dragon named Winter may yet be the dragon unJon flies, instead of one of Danys fire dragons.

“The great ruby at her throat drank fire from the glow of the brazier. “Give me the boy, Your Grace. It is the surer way. The better way. Give me the boy and I shall wake the stone dragon.”

A Storm of Swords – Davos IV

But when he lowered his gaze from the sky to the castle ramparts, he was not so certain. The wings of the stone dragons cast great black shadows in the light from the nightfire. He tried to tell himself that they were no more than carvings, cold and lifeless. This was their place, once. A place of dragons and dragonlords, the seat of House Targaryen. The Targaryens were the blood of old Valyria . . .

A Storm of Swords – Davos VI

The stone dragon is inside Winterfell, exactly where Stannis is focused. If the IceBrandon is woken, then there is no stopping them. Unless… Bloodraven (whom I believe Melissandre is subservient to, and the daughter of) is working for Roose. Bloodraven’s gameplan has not been revealed yet. But I don’t think he is up to much good.

We will close with the following two thoughts. Firstly on GRRM’s misdirection about Azor Ahai:

Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. Dragonstone is the place of smoke and salt."

Jon had heard all this before. "Stannis Baratheon was the Lord of Dragonstone, but he was not born there. He was born at Storm's End, like his brothers." He frowned.

A Dance with Dragons - Jon X

Azor Ahai is born admists smoke and salt not to wake dragons from stone. But because of the stone dragon was been awakened. Azor Ahannister will be reborn to fight The IceBrandon, not to wake him. Bran has seen it himself in his vision.

And lastly, GRRM's next book is titled Winds of Winter. "Winter" refers to the name of The IceBrandon. "Winds" are his grey mists of cold.

Winter is Coming.

Wow...I like your way of thinking! Unfortunately, I am on the way to bed. I'll take a look at the other pieces tomorrow morning when I get home.

It gets even worse in my next post.

A cataclysm.

You don't want to read that before bed.

I don't get how you got to AA is not waking dragons from stone? That's what the text says, you provided the quote, then your first comment to the quote says AA is not going to wake the dragon but fight the dragon?

Not neccasarily saying i disagree with it, but just wanted to know how you got from A to B?

I don't get how you got to AA is not waking dragons from stone? That's what the text says, you provided the quote, then your first comment to the quote says AA is not going to wake the dragon but fight the dragon?

Not neccasarily saying i disagree with it, but just wanted to know how you got from A to B?

At the top I wrote read The IceBrandon because otherwise what I say doesn't make sense. EndGame is a series that has posts that build on one another.

No ice dragons.

The reason no one has posted this before is because it would just be twisting the text to fit an idea.

Winter is Coming.

The Winds of Winter.

Winter is the ice dragon.

If you have been following my series you will see that the past few post has shown we have been continuously misdirected about the ancient past. The clues are there. Do not take what he said at face value.

My next post will be on how the cause of a global cataclysm leading to the Long Night was another major literary misdirection. He gives us a peak as to what happened but not directly.

Archived